Confirmed Trade: [ARI/LAK] Sean Durzi to the Coyotes for MTL's 2nd round pick in the 2024 draft

PullHard

☂
Jul 18, 2007
It was pretty clear Durzi would be traded, but this feels very underwhelming. I thought he'd have more value in a package to get a player like Dubois or Wilson or Ullmark
I seem to recall a thread from about midseason asking for Cossa+ for Durzi ? I can't remember the specifics but at the time it felt like it ignored Detroit's needs from my POV because we still had Hronek. Now that Hronek is gone, getting Durzi for the price of a higher end 2nd seems very fair. But Yzerman doesn't really go for guys in Durzi's mold, so.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
durzi isn't "that guy"

glad he got shipped somewhere where he can play and make mistakes and no one will care, he'll probably get paid handsomely there too

this is another in the chain of good logical moves blake has made this offseason

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
And finally we can bury the idea that Habs can offer-sheet PLD for second round pick. Since LA seems to be the biggest rival getting PLD, good luck getting that pick back ;)

Is this a win win for both teams? LA get a pick and rosterspot, and Coyotes get a player....

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Is Durzi that much of cap saving?
i expect that to cover about half of what vilardi will get, so it's a necessary move

i'm not up on the exact numbers right now but i think it's pretty close to solving the cap problems

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Love this trade. Future draft capital. Opens up a spot for Clarke or Spence. Saves $800,000 against the cap in replacing Durzi with Clarke/ Spence.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
It was pretty clear Durzi would be traded, but this feels very underwhelming. I thought he'd have more value in a package to get a player like Dubois or Wilson or Ullmark
He doesn’t have that value.

look at who would take him without sending salary back. Thst limited the market.

expect MTL pick to be 33-42 in 2024.

Reactions: funky

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00