Confirmed Trade: [ARI/LAK] Sean Durzi to the Coyotes for MTL's 2nd round pick in the 2024 draft

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
Yeah... I doubt the Avs would have realistically made such a trade.

But at least IMO Durzi would have been an excellent 3rd pairing LD for us next year and getting him in such a trade as this one would have then freed us up to move Girard for forward help and save $3.3M on our 3LD position, while still hanging onto a Top 64 pick in the draft in the meantime.

But oh well, solid trade for both teams IMO.

Oooooh you don’t want Durzi as a LHD. That’ll give you some PTSD right there. He’s a RHD who tried LHD and it was not pretty.

In agreement with everything else you said. Good posting!

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Also don't forget that 2nd will likely be pretty high.

Is there really that much difference between ~40OA and 30-32OA?
While Canadiens will probably not make the playoffs next year, they won’t be a bottom feeder either. Their younger players will be one more year developed and its hard to foresee them sustaining a similar level of player loss from injuries. I would suggest that the pick in question will be in the 40 to 45 OA range and beyond the cusp of being considered ‘pretty high’ in a relatively modest draft class.

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Wasn’t he the second coming of Bobby Orr? At least Sandin got us a first. Just funny how quickly the fickle fans change their tune. A year ago this guy was untouchable.

Huh? What relevance does the Mtl 2nd in 24 and Durzi have with Sandin?

How the hell did you manage to turn a trade between the Kings and Yotes into a pissing contest about what a completely differents team's completely different prospect got?

I mentally can't even phathom how you read this trade, then immediately thought the first thing to contribute in the trade thread was what a former TML prospect got lol

• Haha
Reactions: Kaizen

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

How the hell did you manage to turn a trade between the Kings and Yotes into a pissing contest about what a completely differents team's completely different prospect got?

I mentally can't even phathom how you read this trade, then immediately thought the first thing to contribute in the trade thread was what a former TML prospect got lol

Durzi was a Leafs draft pick they gave up for Muzzin

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Like Durzi a lot, but there were better option. Hope Spence can throw a punch from time to time.

Now who's gonna be the defensive whipping boy?

Grinner

May 31, 2022

Why should Habs fans have all the fun crashing a Kings-Yotes trade thread

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
This is good for both teams. Kings don’t need Durzi with Spence and Clarke in the wings. And in no world is Durzi worth a 1st. Would have been ideal to get a 2nd + 4th but whatever this is fine for LA. And AZ gets an offensive D who can be on the PP and is a good #4 guy that will sometimes blow his coverage in his own zone. Works for both sides IMO

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
And finally we can bury the idea that Habs can offer-sheet PLD for second round pick. Since LA seems to be the biggest rival getting PLD, good luck getting that pick back ;)

Is this a win win for both teams? LA get a pick and rosterspot, and Coyotes get a player....
6.1 per is first and third

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
What a relief. Here are some stats that I posted last month:

"In each of his two years in the league, Durzi had the worst 5-on-5 on-ice goal differential among defensemen on the team, the most giveaways per 60 among defensemen on the team and a sub-50% goals for percentage at even strength. This year, his 46.9% GF% was 201st among all defensemen in the league, and 6 per team x 32 teams equals only 192."

Especially when you consider how good his offense is, the fact that his net impact is still negative shows just how bad his defense is. This is a case of addition through subtraction.

I wouldn't have minded if he had been waived or traded for future considerations, so the pick is just a bonus. It's interesting that he was traded to a division rival. Seemingly, Blake's not very worried that Durzi will hurt the Kings. Maybe he's even looking forward to the opposite. The only thing better would've been a trade to the Oilers.

Last edited:

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
As a Kings fan, I am good with this. Durzi was the odd man out with Spence and Clarke being NHL ready. It's a cap world and Durzi's $1.7 million cap hit was too much to pay when there are better options in Clarke/Spence.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Durzi has some decent offensive talent, but as good as he can be at times it is very overshadowed by his lacking ability on the defensive end. He is one of the most inept and incapable defensemen in his own end and it affects him quite a bit mentally. He is a young RFA that will stick around and is capable of putting up 40 points but he has some demons to work through defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad