Are we ready to admit that Reinhart is a bust?

Bust?

• Total voters

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Def not a bust but I think he hasn't been as good as I'd like a 2nd overall pick to be...that being said he's come a long way and I think he'll be one of the best players on this team if/when we are ever good

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
To still focus years later where he was drafted, and view him through that prism is kinda ignorant :dunno:

As I have said ever since he was drafted. Overall .... I like how he’s developing. :5:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
You voted Reinhart as a bust. You pumped up the Nylander pick more than anyone for #8 in 2016, and mocked people who wanted Serg.

Can you tell us what your crystal ball says about the 2018 draft?

I voted Reinhart as a bust as in relation to his draft position... little different from just labeling him a bust. I've always maintained he was a good hockey player.

I don't recall being all that hyped about the Nylander pick tho I was certainly happy with it. Don't recall mocking people for wanting Serge either.

I do recall wanting the best player available...not just a dman..

But if you pay attention to my posts that closely you probably also should know not to take my prospect opinions all too seriously as I always admit I don't watch college or juniors so my viewings of the players are limited

But to answer your question about the 2018 draft. Dahlin =)

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Def not a bust but I think he hasn't been as good as I'd like a 2nd overall pick to be...that being said he's come a long way and I think he'll be one of the best players on this team if/when we are ever good

How good should he be as a 2nd overall pick?

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
@OkimLom he should be better than the guy who was taken at 3. Or the guys who went 8th and 9th. But so far, he's not

**Sorry for not quoting, the quote tool has been super glitchy for me lately

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
@ZZamboni should Sam not be outperforming a player taken directly after him? I'm not entirely sure what you mean

If Strome/Meir/Marner/etc were ahead of Jack at this point I'd be pretty dissatisfied, wouldn't you?

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
To still focus years later where he was drafted, and view him through that prism is kinda ignorant :dunno:

I don't know what you think ignorant means in this context, so I'm having a hard time parsing what you're actually saying here

If Eichel never improves, are people supposed to be pleased because he's a 60 point center, and those are rare?

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
@OkimLom Do you think that Draisaitl Ehlers and Nylander are ahead of Sam at this point in time? If you don't then I will have to respectfully disagree.

Yea they have better teams around them, but that doesn't make up for the fact that Draisaitl Ehlers and Nylander are straight up better hockey players than Sam so far in their careers.

Eichel/Hedman/Laine/Barkov/Seguin level players are how good I wanted a #2 overall pick in Reinhart to be. He's not even close to that, and that's part of the reason why we are where we are.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
@OkimLom Do you think that Draisaitl Ehlers and Nylander are ahead of Sam at this point in time? If you don't then I will have to respectfully disagree.

Yea they have better teams around them, but that doesn't make up for the fact that Draisaitl Ehlers and Nylander are straight up better hockey players than Sam so far in their careers.

Eichel/Hedman/Laine/Barkov/Seguin level players are how good I wanted a #2 overall pick in Reinhart to be. He's not even close to that, and that's part of the reason why we are where we are.

There aren't any players of the list you quoted from the 2014 draft in its entirety, so expecting someone to be at that level is ignoring the weakness of the draft class as a whole, let alone as a way to meet your expectations for how that player should perform.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

I absolutely do think they are ahead of Reinhart in terms of offense. Reason being, the atmosphere they are a part of and the talent that can support them makes it easier for them to develop better, not to mention the quality of coching staff is light years ahead of any of the coaches Sam has had at the professional level.

Pastrnak is probably the best player in the 2014 draft so far, do you think a team like Calgary think Bennett wasn’t worth a 4th overall pick because others are better than him? I doubt it. If there are those that believe he wasn’t worth a 4th,it’s because of his lack of an impact offensive game or things that are actually, you know, is in his control.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
I voted Reinhart as a bust as in relation to his draft position... little different from just labeling him a bust. I've always maintained he was a good hockey player.

I don't recall being all that hyped about the Nylander pick tho I was certainly happy with it. Don't recall mocking people for wanting Serge either.

I do recall wanting the best player available...not just a dman..

But if you pay attention to my posts that closely you probably also should know not to take my prospect opinions all too seriously as I always admit I don't watch college or juniors so my viewings of the players are limited

But to answer your question about the 2018 draft. Dahlin =)

And 2nd overall busts like Reinhart who turn out to be "nice" players.

I'm done with that bum. Trade his ass for scraps

Oh.

BuzzKillington90

Jul 12, 2011
Albion, Ny

I think he was calling out the clear context in which you called Reinhart a “bust” then retroactively watering it down based specifically on draft placement. Doesnt change what you had historically meant.

It’s kinda like saying lobster is the most delicious food ever, then later on saying “I only meant the most delicious seafood ever.”

Point is, it’s not what you said :)

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
You don't think your ideas are slightly contradictory?

No.. I dont.. because if you look at the entirety of my posts about Samson you will see that is my position. I'm on my phone so I can't quote them in here but look on page 32 and 33 of the Reinhart thread...and countless others... because I had a boiling point with Sam and or Samson Diciples one day and said f*** it ..trade the guy for scraps doesn't really prove anything

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad