GDT: 2024 World Championships Sharks centric

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Supposedly an injury, nothing specific.
Ah, the ol’ “everything hurts because this is the first time I’ve ever played anything remotely close to 80 games in a season in my life”. Can’t blame him I suppose. If he were healthy and/or not coming off what is functionally his rookie NHL season, I think he’d love to go and would in the future.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Ah, the ol’ “everything hurts because this is the first time I’ve ever played anything remotely close to 80 games in a season in my life”. Can’t blame him I suppose. If he were healthy and/or not coming off what is functionally his rookie NHL season, I think he’d love to go and would in the future.
Go to bed the night before the season feeling like a 21 year old, wake up at the end of the season feeling like a 60 year old.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Yea could be, it was the same thing with Raymond in 22 and he’s about to play his second straight world champiomship now.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Damnit, now I have to watch this tournament.

Probably Smith doesn’t get a ton of ice and is more along for the experience, but it’s cool that he was invited.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Well, all Willy Smith does is score. 1+1 today in the last warm-up game vs. Slovakia. A couple of ill-advised passes, definitely got victimized on the Slafkovsky goal (although it wasn’t really on him as much as Farabee), and could stand to put on some muscle, but a good showing overall. Didn’t look out of place against a good team and the second effort on his goal was really nice, exactly what I want to see from him.

Brady Tkachuk is such a tool. Great player, but always yapping about something or other. Like, you’re up 5-2 with a minute left in a friendly match against Slovakia. Genuinely, shut up.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Well, all Willy Smith does is score. 1+1 today in the last warm-up game vs. Slovakia. A couple of ill-advised passes, definitely got victimized on the Slafkovsky goal (although it wasn’t really on him as much as Farabee), and could stand to put on some muscle, but a good showing overall. Didn’t look out of place against a good team and the second effort on his goal was really nice, exactly what I want to see from him.

Brady Tkachuk is such a tool. Great player, but always yapping about something or other. Like, you’re up 5-2 with a minute left in a friendly match against Slovakia. Genuinely, shut up.

I don’t hate the kid getting 2 pts on the 3rd line, that’s awesome. He certainly feels ready enough? I’m sure he’ll struggle in the NHL but from his growth this year, I think he’ll be fine learning on the Sharks.

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017
I don’t hate the kid getting 2 pts on the 3rd line, that’s awesome. He certainly feels ready enough? I’m sure he’ll struggle in the NHL but from his growth this year, I think he’ll be fine learning on the Sharks.
Let him and Zeev play one more year in college if they want and then join the Sharks along with our 2025 1st rounder next year

Reactions: Sandisfan

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I think he’d struggle some in the NHL if he played next year, but I also don’t think it’s the worst thing in the world. Being “rushed” didn’t hurt Jack Hughes or Slafkovsky.

Reactions: sharks_dynasty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad