Are we ready to admit that Reinhart is a bust?

Bust?

• Total voters

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Wake me up when he plays well when we haven't been eliminated from the playoffs already.

Goalposts.

24 points in his first 32 games this year. 21 team points out of a potential 64.... eliminated from post season for all intents and purposes..... then 38 points in the following 31 games. And everyone is thrilled with Eichel's development.

Your bias is showing...

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Suffering for a near decade when it's all said and done and our second biggest "prize" will start his career with 3 straight >50 point seasons. Now that he had a hot streak his supporters are back out. Even with his hot streak he still is only back to his normal 20-24 goals 42-49 point phase.

Let me know when Reinhart makes an impact on his own or make players around him produce. There are several players his age or younger including numerous from his own draft that are so far ahead of him it isn't funny.

Reinhart isn't a bust. Never was. Just a massive disappointment for "suffering". If anyone expected Reinhart to need at least 4 full NHL seasons before hitting 50 points when we drafted him not a single one of you would have been happy with that knowledge. He was drafted to turn this franchise around. Instead he fits right in with another fake franchise center/leader in RoR. Always has the perfect quote after each game where they embarrass themselves and the fans
yo man

Be cool

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Really don't want to break up the Girgs/Eichel/Pommers line. Rather see Reinhart with ROR and Okposo. I think the 3 of them could get things going with Reinhart...that or its the worst idea I've ever had... not sure yet lol. Other part of me thinks Reinhart with ROR and Kane would work well but I'd prefer Kane to be on the 3rd line doing his own thing.

Larry,Griffith, and Kane on the 3rd.

Eh..my comment aged well enough since October 13th.

Girgensons and Pominville can't produce with anyone other than Eichel and that's the line we have now. Reinhart should've been with ROR to start the season...although I think Okposo is too much dead weight for even ROR/Reinhart to carry but I did think about Kane instead of Okposo on the 2nd line.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Goalposts.

24 points in his first 32 games this year. 21 team points out of a potential 64.... eliminated from post season for all intents and purposes..... then 38 points in the following 31 games. And everyone is thrilled with Eichel's development.

Your bias is showing...

Agreed, but sadly, that one is yours.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Agreed, but sadly, that one is yours.

Not sure what you mean... I am thrilled with Eichel's development. Doesn't mean he doesn't still have flaws to work, and developing to do...

Not gonna rehash contract arguments in this thread...

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Honestly Sam might be the best passer on this team.

At least, he's the player I trust most to pass the puck in the neutral zone.

His transition game has come such a long way.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Honestly Sam might be the best passer on this team.

At least, he's the player I trust most to pass the puck in the neutral zone.

His transition game has come such a long way.

Beaulieu is the best passer, it always hits someones tape...you just don't know if it will be your teams stick or not.

BuzzKillington90

Jul 12, 2011
Albion, Ny
3 players have scored more than Reinhart in that draft class. Draisaitl, Ehlers, Pastrnak. Pastrnak was never going to be the pick at 2, neither was Ehlers. Bennet has played 7 less games and scored 48 less points and I remember a lot of people clamoring for him over Reinhart. Hell Jonathan Drouin has 1 more point then Reinhart in a similar number of games and he was considered, with MacKinnon, the top two of the 2013 draft.

Reinhart is not a bust. He just doesn't play an exciting style of Hockey like McDavid or Eichel. Which leads people to think he's a "bust" or "useless." I wonder how many of those same people are clamoring for bust status because he wouldn't of been the one they drafted?

Actually I don't have to wonder...I looked back at the thread from 2014 as well as the prospect thread...It's amazing how many people loved and wanted Reinhart. Including at least 4 people who posted on the last 2 pages negatively about the kid.

Last edited:

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
This season-long performance should be considered baseline acceptable for the top-drafted forward for a given year four years out. The upward trend is nice.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
If only Housley hadn't listened to those nagging voices inside his head in the beginning of the season.
let's see what Reinhart can do at center
let's see what Reinhart can do at center

lets's see what Reinhart can do at center

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Goalposts.

Your bias is showing...

Quoting this for emphasis.

Meichel Kane

My Name Is
Jun 6, 2006
With the Sedin Twins' retirement announcement, I noticed Daniel's points totals over the start of his career (granted there's a style-altering lockout in there). Thought it was relevant.

Dumping on Reinhart because he wasn't a world-beater at age 21 will always be dumb.

(No, I am not saying he is Sedin, either.)

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
With the Sedin Twins' retirement announcement, I noticed Daniel's points totals over the start of his career (granted there's a style-altering lockout in there). Thought it was relevant.

Dumping on Reinhart because he wasn't a world-beater at age 21 will always be dumb.

(No, I am not saying he is Sedin, either.)

I looked at Henrik's because of the type of game he plays. They(Reinhart and H. Sedin) are similar players in how they play the game and have similar numbers as well, with Sam playing on a worse team than what Vancouver had.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Suffering for a near decade when it's all said and done and our second biggest "prize" will start his career with 3 straight >50 point seasons. Now that he had a hot streak his supporters are back out. Even with his hot streak he still is only back to his normal 20-24 goals 42-49 point phase.

Let me know when Reinhart makes an impact on his own or make players around him produce. There are several players his age or younger including numerous from his own draft that are so far ahead of him it isn't funny.

Reinhart isn't a bust. Never was. Just a massive disappointment for "suffering". If anyone expected Reinhart to need at least 4 full NHL seasons before hitting 50 points when we drafted him not a single one of you would have been happy with that knowledge. He was drafted to turn this franchise around. Instead he fits right in with another fake franchise center/leader in RoR. Always has the perfect quote after each game where they embarrass themselves and the fans
Sam was drafted to turn the Sabres around?
ROR is a fake franchise center?
No one else spews pablum after the numerous Sabre defeats this season?
Trump is not the only one who should have his phone taken away...

Not sure what you mean... I am thrilled with Eichel's development. Doesn't mean he doesn't still have flaws to work, and developing to do...

Not gonna rehash contract arguments in this thread...
100% agree. It's as though it's not possible to simultaneously be pleased with what someone has done, yet expect more from him/her. [All my parenting and mentoring/managerial experience goes out the window???]

I still haven't voted in this poll. I'm thinking "Mega Bust" should suffice. Although I wish there was a "Super Mega Bust" option.
Super Mega Bust with a side of Pullups, hold the Crease Deflections. And bring some ketchup.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00