Proposal: Another Price Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Bean is significantly better than a player that has had more success at a better level ? Amazing.

Caught ya before your ninja edit ;) realized they weren’t drafted the same year did we?

Juulsen is 21. Almost two full years older than Bean. Of course he’s playing a better level of hockey.

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
Patches (big ''tough'' winner), Galchenyuk ("miscast C") and Price, Montreal has the pieces to exploit Carolina's genius owner. They should target Hanifin.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
id say Price straight up for Darling is a better base if carolina wants to take on 5 years more and 70M owed Price

talent wise

Price>>>Darling

but contract wise

Darling>>>> Price

montreal fans would say playing ability matters more
carolina fans would say playing ability isnt worth 70M more

so it depends on where you stand on the pay for play spectrum

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
RNH >> Drouin
too soon to say, and given the parameters of the of the individual teams theyd be joining I think such a trade favors the oilers since drouin is cheaper and signed longer and roster construction wise easier to accommodate, though as center insurance, that is mitigated somewhat

it depends on personal preference

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Patches (big ''tough'' winner), Galchenyuk ("miscast C") and Price, Montreal has the pieces to exploit Carolina's genius owner. They should target Hanifin.

Carolina's "genius owner" made his billions in auto loans for subprime borrowers...he's both smart and sleazy enough to take MB for a ride and make it seem like a favor.

Montreal will end up paying us to take Price for Darling and the rights to some guy playing 4th line minutes in Liiga.

Reactions: DaveG

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
too soon to say, and given the parameters of the of the individual teams theyd be joining I think such a trade favors the oilers since drouin is cheaper and signed longer and roster construction wise easier to accommodate, though as center insurance, that is mitigated somewhat

it depends on personal preference

Drouin is cheaper because he’s not as good. RNH is just flat out better - more versatile, a better scorer, better defensively, just... better.

He’s also showing he can be damned effective on the wing.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
How on earth does this make sense to you, op? Carolina is not going to give up their first and two of their best prospects just to dump Darling all the while taking on the worst contract in the league in Price and another bad one in Shaw. Goalies don’t have that kind of value even on fair contracts.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I'd do it for Darling and Necas alone. Bean/Kruger have no value, the 1st is just vanilla.
He's busting pretty hard, but thats my opinion, no need to derail.

Have any other bad Jake Bean hot takes? He put up 5A last night and is now leading the WHL Playoffs in D points/game. Better than Clague, Foote, Valimaki, Jokiharju, etc. Seems to be helping.

Last edited:

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Regardless, Bean isn't going to amount to anything, you can quote me on that in five years.
He's busting pretty hard, but thats my opinion, no need to derail.

Hey Bean is busting out the points, leading Defensemen in the WHL Playoffs (14P in 8GP) now after a 1st Star, 3A night. You have any other bad scouting opinions about him we should hear? Want to elaborate?

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Hey Bean is busting out the points, leading Defensemen in the WHL Playoffs (14P in 8GP) now after a 1st Star, 3A night. You have any other bad scouting opinions about him we should hear? Want to elaborate?

No, i already made my bold claim, i dont care about what you think about him. Head over to the prospect board if you want to discuss him, ill be glad to.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
id say Price straight up for Darling is a better base if carolina wants to take on 5 years more and 70M owed Price

talent wise

Price>>>Darling

but contract wise

Darling>>>> Price

montreal fans would say playing ability matters more
carolina fans would say playing ability isnt worth 70M more

so it depends on where you stand on the pay for play spectrum

Both had a remarkably bad year compared to their previous ones so it's hard to say what's their actual level going forward but... whether you have someone who was considered as the undisputed best goalie in the world not too long ago or you have someone who used to be a great backup goalie until he was absolutely crushed at his first starter job, I know which one I would take no matter what kinda contracts they have (and they are both really bad). One is proven, one is very much not. If you're a contender, you should have a goalie you can rely on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad