Proposal: Another Price Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
1. Price has an off year but even the NHL PLAYERS consider him the BEST GOALIE in the NHL.
2. His contract is NOT over-priced considering similar contract like Lundquist; as the cap continues to go up it will look better.
3. Re-building a team STARTS from then net out, so why would you trade the best player at the most valuable position.
4. Carey No Trade contract allows HIM to make the final call even if he were asked to waive it.
5. The Habs have much bigger issues #1 and #2 centers and a #1 LHD Dman.

These topics are utterly useless because it is NOT going to happen anytime in the near future.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
Price is a bad fit on ANY NHL team!!!!

He is WORSE then most backup goalies in the league!!!!

currently ranked 60th in the league with a GAA of 3.05

and 68th in the league with a SV% of .902

this guy is done....washed up.....gone.....he shouldn't even be making 5 million next season!!....even 5 million would be an over payment!!

wow.... so I guess the NHL players who voted him the TOUGHEST goalie to SCORE on even with this off year were wrong.

Thanks for setting us straight.

LMAO!!!!!!

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
1. Price has an off year but even the NHL PLAYERS consider him the BEST GOALIE in the NHL.
2. His contract is NOT over-priced considering similar contract like Lundquist; as the cap continues to go up it will look better.
3. Re-building a team STARTS from then net out, so why would you trade the best player at the most valuable position.
4. Carey No Trade contract allows HIM to make the final call even if he were asked to waive it.

These topics are utterly useless because it is NOT going to happen anytime in the near future.
I won't argue the inner workings of the Habs, but the bolded is incorrect. 10+ million for a goalie is way to much.

Reactions: Yasuo and Devonator

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
wow.... so I guess the NHL players who voted him the TOUGHEST goalie to SCORE on even with this off year were wrong.

Thanks for setting us straight.

LMAO!!!!!!

I think Price is a top goalie, my only questions is he damaged goods? if not then yes, you would get a HUGE return for him....

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I think Price is a top goalie, my only questions is he damaged goods? if not then yes, you would get a HUGE return for him....

Price has always been injury prone. Top 3 goalie when he's on, but he's not dependable health wise and that contract is insane.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017

1.NHL players are not the end all be all of opinions
2.His contract is awful, he's worth 7 max
3.Price was never Hasek tier, he was top 5-10ish goalie with a few elite years, he's hardly some amazing piece you build around. And no he isn't worth 50-100% more than goalies like Quick. Crawford, Andersen, Vassy, Bishop, Dubnyk, Rinne, Gibson or Bob

If it doesn't happen, it's just awful for the Habs going forward, trading Price even while taking cap back would help them out a ton.

Price at 10 million is negative value, from the Leafs perspective I wouldn't even take him, 2 2nds for Andersen as his cap hit is so awful it literally holds you back from getting a solid piece that can help the team far more than even if you assume he is slight better than Andersen.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I won't argue the inner workings of the Habs, but the bolded is incorrect. 10+ million for a goalie is way to much.

I’m not happy with the contract we signed but I keep seeing this exact statement said with no context to where the salary cap is and percentage it takes up. It’s like you’re saying as the cap goes up, all the players will get raises except the goalies which isn’t true at all. We saw two contracts in Rinne and Lundqvist given out in the past that took up a similar amount of cap as just as couple examples and we’ll see it again. Something about seeing a goalie in double digits is making people go crazy but the reality is, it’s been awhile since an elite goalie was due for an extension or up for a contract and the cap has gone up since then.

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
Carey Price+Shaw or Carr

Darling+Kruger+Necas+Bean+1st

Montreal can full rebuild and has goalie prospects, darling could bounce back under Waite and split games with Lindgren. Carolina gets out from bad contracts. Shaw or Carr provide toughness on the ice and still younger and Carey can go for it with a solid team lacking goaltending before he declines

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I'd do it from the habs point of view. If you want to get rid of price, taking on 3 more years of darling sucks but you could just buy him out after 2 more years for little cost.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
No chance in ****ing **** the Canes are giving up Necas, Bean, and a 1st to dump Darling AND take on the anchor contract of Price. AND you want us to take Shaw's contract too? I would easily buy out or bury Darling than mortgage our future to offload him. Same with Kruger...his and Darlings contracts are MUCH shorter than BOTH Price and Shaw. Buy us dinner first at least...

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Lol....i would do it for darling and the first.....we don't get all that for price!!

you can take shaw or carr for free!

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
lol you expect us to take on what is in my opinion the worst contract in the league, and dump on a ton of value as well (especially when the Habs add f***ing Shaw)

Horrible. I'm not even opposed to doing a Darling++ for Price, but Bean and especially Necas aren't being included.

Reactions: DaveG

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
A dream return for price. -Habs fans
A trashy return for price. -Marc Bergevin

Pretty much why Price will never get traded.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Is he doing good in your opinion?

I wouldn't say he's progressed the way many hoped but I certainly wouldn't call him a bust. He's only two years removed from being drafted and has improved defensively. At the most recent WJC he was clearly more comfortable in his own end than the prior year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad