Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Perfetti and Monahan have similar p/60 5 on 5 (neither is particularly great imo) but Perfetti posts way better defense metrics.

Monahan has made more hay on the powerplay though obviously and seems to have a better goal scoring touch. Hasn't translated 5 on 5 though.

I wonder what Sean's point per 60 would be with a bunch of fourth line games thrown in. 🤔

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I wonder what Sean's point per 60 would be with a bunch of fourth line games thrown in. 🤔
1.6 in montreal and 2.0 here vs peffeti's 1.5 here, interestingly enough I've seen you knock monahan for putting up all his points on the power play but perfetti beats him out with 4.6 p/60 vs monahan's 3.9 p/60

Last edited:

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Cole was pacing 60 points through the first 30 games with far inferior usage.

Sorry but 50 point pace given the mountain of 1st unit pp and being heavily deployed in en situations doesn't cut it for me. 7 es points in 19 games is crap. Sorry but when nearly 50% of your points are courtesy of 1st unit pp time and scoring on an en it's not some great feat. He's been mediocre at best but yay faceoffs.

You do realize Patrick Maroon isn't a a pure grinder right? He's a a decently skilled big man that is perfectly capable of playing the Lightning possesion game. Quite type casting players based on nothing but size. Corey Perry ob the 4th line yet another example of crash and bang role player...
Cole actually was on a 60 point pace through 40 games. He has proven he can do it and for a long stretch. These lat 20 or so games has been on him but also the coaching in how they have used him. I still maintain a small amount of puck luck and better usage he would have had 10 more points at least and we wouldn’t be having this conversation and Iafall wouldn’t be in the top 6 but on the 4th where he belongs.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Perfetti's pts /60 by month at 5v5

Oct: 3.71
Nov: 1.96
Dec: 1.24
Jan: 1.23 (most TOI/GP)
Feb: 0
March: 1.26 (1 pt)

Not all of this was on the 4th line.... It's like 15ish% of his TOI was on the 4th (ie: Barron+Perfetti have 81 mins together, Perfetti has 711 mins total)

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
1.6 in montreal and 2.0 here vs peffeti's 1.5 here, interestingly enough I've seen you knock monahan for putting up all his points on the power play but perfetti beats him out with 4.6 p/60 vs monahan's 3.9 p/60

He didn't play 4th line in Montreal so no idea why you are bringing those in.

Also pp numbers just proves how out of touch our coaching has been with regards to the pp and how underutilized Cole was on it.

Reactions: NA Hockey

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
He didn't play 4th line in Montreal so no idea why you are bringing those in.

Also pp numbers just proves how out of touch our coaching has been with regards to the pp and how underutilized Cole was on it.
his most common linemates in montreal were anderson/gallagher/yolen/armia/pearson, he didn't play 4th line minutes but if you think perfetti has had worst linemates this season then idk what to tell you...

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
i wonder what Perfetti's face off numbers are ...........oh shit he's not a center! Monahan is a terrible comparisson

Namestnikov's are terrible as well and that hasn't stopped Bones from using him there. Faceoffs, the most overrated skill out there.

But I guess McDavid and Crosby should have been converted to wing earlier in their careers cause they stunk on the draw at first as well. Ditto for Scheifele who dosnt win over 45% of his draws in any of his first 4 years. But we can't have a player learn how to win them over time now can we..

Sometimes this org lacks some foresight.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Namestnikov's are terrible as well and that hasn't stopped Bones from using him there. Faceoffs, the most overrated skill out there.

But I guess McDavid and Crosby should have been converted to wing earlier in their careers cause they stunk on the draw at first as well. But we can't have a player learn how to win them over time now can we..

yup no difference between those 3 at all...

Reactions: Dirtbag151

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
yup no difference between those 3 at all...

You totally missed the point. Young players often struggle on draws and using them as the lone criteria is poor. But a closer one in Schiefele also stunk on draws for 4 seasons and they kept him there.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

But I guess McDavid and Crosby should have been converted to wing earlier in their careers cause they stunk on the draw at first as well. Ditto for Scheifele who dosnt win over 45% of his draws in any of his first 4 years. But we can't have a player learn how to win them over time now can we..

Jesus christ dude. Comparing McDavid or Crosby to Namestnikov, Perfetti.... Like what are we doing here. They might've sucked on FOs but put up 100+ pt years and great playmaking and scoring.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
You totally missed the point. Young players often struggle on draws and using them as the lone criteria is poor. But a closer one in Schiefele also stunk on draws for 4 seasons and they kept him there.
I got the point... it just wasn't a good one... listing two generational talents top 5-10 all time struggling at the dot but being left there as a reason why perfetti should have been left there as well is just silly and ignores the fact they were SIGNIFIGANTLY better then perfetti at every other aspect of the game...

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I got the point... it just wasn't a good one... listing two generational talents top 5-10 all time struggling at the dot but being left there as a reason why perfetti should have been left there as well is just silly and ignores the fact they were SIGNIFIGANTLY better then perfetti at every other aspect of the game...

Whatever.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I kind of like the idea of having a line play together on the moose for a year or two and come up together, like Tampa had a few years ago. Imagine McGroarty-Lambert-Chibrikov playing the whole season together next year and being the 4th line in 2025. Probably not practical though.

I think it's pretty likely that is a top line for the Moose next season. Agreed, some pre-existing chemistry from the minors can really help the transition.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Bones like many coaches is role oriented in his decision making process. Appelton fills a defensive grinding role which fits the third line paradigm. He's not competing with Cole. Neither is Barron.

The Jets brought in vets, some better Toffoli and some worse imo Monohan. To play the skilled scoring role to close out the year. Those are who took Cole's role. The only one out of place is Iafallo and Bones is making the classic coaching choice to defer to the vet.

Anyhow it's not a question of ability but roles and imo it's one of the old school approaches I don't like. Why must the fourth line be a low skilled energy unit when you can create a possesion line capable of causing other teams issues? It's what multiple cup winning teams like the Pens, and Lightning did for instance.

We shall see in short order if Bones was correct to configure as he has.

Totally agree, a lot of good points here

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Jesus christ dude. Comparing McDavid or Crosby to Namestnikov, Perfetti.... Like what are we doing here. They might've sucked on FOs but put up 100+ pt years and great playmaking and scoring.

I would take McDavid with a career 0% face off rate ( and one skate tied behind his back ) over anyone on the Jets. The only comparison criteria between McDavid and Perfetti is they are both humans... and that's it.

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
Scheifele first 81 game season at age 21 turning 22, 15G & 34 assists with the average of 18 min and 35 seconds of playing time per game. Bambi was played a lot as a rookie.

Perfetti first full season is really now. 63 games so far, 14 G and 17 assists, while averaging 13 minutes and 44 seconds a game. I think given the same rope as Scheifele had as a rookie and time given, Perfetti would be close to the same results, even with his horrific slump.
At 22 I still think there's the possibility of Perfetti being able to be a 2C if allowed through his growing pains.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Scheifele first 81 game season at age 21 turning 22, 15G & 34 assists with the average of 18 min and 35 seconds of playing time per game. Bambi was played a lot as a rookie.

Perfetti first full season is really now. 63 games so far, 14 G and 17 assists, while averaging 13 minutes and 44 seconds a game. I think given the same rope as Scheifele had as a rookie and time given, Perfetti would be close to the same results, even with his horrific slump.
At 22 I still think there's the possibility of Perfetti being able to be a 2C if allowed through his growing pains.
the differences i see in terms of getting more leeway or rope: the Jets alternatives at C if Scheifele struggled to the extent of Perfetti were some combo of Slater, Lowry and perhaps Perreault (W/C) -Scheifele was playing better relative to a pretty unimpressive group. the Jets are a deeper team now comparatively where they can make moves and likely not miss a beat.

I also don't know if Scheifele went 20+ games w/o a goal, or 40 or so games with like 10-15pts but may be wrong. 49 pts back then is a bit different vs now- back then you're a top-100 scorer. now you're closer to 130s-140s (using 22-23 rankings).

I would take McDavid with a career 0% face off rate ( and one skate tied behind his back ) over anyone on the Jets. The only comparison criteria between McDavid and Perfetti is they are both humans... and that's it.

lol yeah if Perfetti was scoring 100+ pts transforming plugs into stars or serviceable top-6ers, i don't think anyone cares about a shitty FO rate.

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

The unfortunate thing for Perfetti is that the team is in two drastically different places from when bambi broke in.

If we were a bottom third team that couldn't make the playoffs I guarantee Cole would have gotten the 55 treatment

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad