Rumor: All Encompassing Jimmy Vesey Thread. All Rumors/News goes here. Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I find this very interesting, probably would be the last team I expected him to pick. He'd definitely get 1st line minutes with Henrique and Hall. Not much offensive depth after those 2.

You do know who led the devils in scoring last year, right?

mike30

Jul 17, 2014
New York
Lol, thats weird. just noticed that time thing aswell. it really shows that 12:58pm and its 12:58 pm right now in NJ. strange.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Nova Scotia is 1 hours ahead of EST. Poster is currently on an EST time zone, and the post is 35 mins ahead of the current EST time. Must be in cities with 30-45 min time-zone differences.

This is a silly discussion to be having, but gotta pass the time right now, haha. That person posted that at 12:19, in our local time, which is 39 minutes before the time stamp.

More importantly, the time stamp is the time of the tweet. The post on here doesn't have to be in the same minute. If the person posted it on here 21 minutes later, then everything lines up.

Of course, when I look at the tweet in Twitter, it says 10:58am and ALSO 1 hour ago. This is fluid.

Edit: The time is showing different for me because my settings in Twitter haven't changed since I lived in Nashville, which is in Central.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Nova Scotia is 1 hours ahead of EST. Poster is currently on an EST time zone, and the post is 35 mins ahead of the current EST time. Must be in cities with 30-45 min time-zone differences.

Nobody is on EST right now. The East Coast is all on EDT.

We're on Daylight Saving Time until November 6, and then we switch back to Standard Time.

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
I'm not mad at what Vesey did at all. But I do think that he has already made up his mind a while ago to sign with Boston. So I just think he's pulling everyone's leg and if he does sign with Boston, most people are gunna say the same exact thing as I did.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I'm not mad at what Vesey did at all. But I do think that he has already made up his mind a while ago to sign with Boston. So I just think he's pulling everyone's leg and if he does sign with Boston, most people are gunna say the same exact thing as I did.

If you're not mad at all for him doing what he did, why be mad at him for doing his own personal due diligence? If I'm 100% leaning towards a job in Boston and other cities give me an opportunity to work for their company/opportunity to try to wine and dine me on it, 100% sure im letting them do it.

For the record I don't think hes coming to Boston. I think Buffalo or New Jersey is where he's headed.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Per Vesey's agent, a decision will not be made today.

Saw that too.

Makes sense, tbh. Spend the whole day digesting the meetings and discussions. Going over everything. Maybe eliminate a few teams from discussion.

Sleep on it. Wake up Friday, do a bit more discussing on finalists, and then release final decision.

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
If you're not mad at all for him doing what he did, why be mad at him for doing his own personal due diligence? If I'm 100% leaning towards a job in Boston and other cities give me an opportunity to work for their company/opportunity to try to wine and dine me on it, 100% sure im letting them do it.

For the record I don't think hes coming to Boston. I think Buffalo or New Jersey is where he's headed.

I'm not so sure I understand what point u where trying to make. So ur basically saying what he's doing is right. If he knows 100% he wants to play in Boston, that he should just mess with all the other teams interested anyways? That wouldn't piss u off being a fan of another team? We don't know if that's actually true though I'm just giving my opinion. But there's a chance that it is a possibility.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I'm not so sure I understand what point u where trying to make. So ur basically saying what he's doing is right. If he knows 100% he wants to play in Boston, that he should just mess with all the other teams interested anyways? That wouldn't piss u off being a fan of another team? We don't know if that's actually true though I'm just giving my opinion. But there's a chance that it is a possibility.

He could have wanted Boston all along but he still didn't have the opportunity to meet with them until yesterday. What if Boston completely failed their meeting and he wasn't the least bit excited about them anymore? At that point I'm sure he would have wished he met with more teams.

My point is even if you're 99.999% sure, contracts/deals are never "done" until the signature is on the dotted line because things happen and circumstances change.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Saw that too.

Makes sense, tbh. Spend the whole day digesting the meetings and discussions. Going over everything. Maybe eliminate a few teams from discussion.

Sleep on it. Wake up Friday, do a bit more discussing on finalists, and then release final decision.

Plus, it's the 19th tomorrow ( same as the number he wears ) for all of you numerologists out there.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Just because you all want to know, he has no obligation to make a quick decision.

This will effect the next few years of his career, and potentially his entire career as his performance will effect his next contract.

There are many cautionary tales of players who went this route and it not working out, Justin Schultz was the latest example.

You would have to think taking a few days to weigh all the options is what you would do if you were him. I take longer to decide on a car. My girlfriend takes longer to decide on which restaurant she wants to go to.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Plus, it's the 19th tomorrow ( same as the number he wears ) for all of you numerologists out there.

So he is not coming to Chicago then. #19 is taken by the most overrated player in the world. You know the name.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
Someone made a great post on the Leafs page on reddit.
Pretty much compares him to Josh Leivo who is the same age and putting up comparable numbers but in the AHL, which I think is the harder league.

I won't really care if we don't sign him, but free is free

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Yeah it is incredible how the amount of Pokestops he'll have access to (I probably get about 100 items a day), but I think he really needs to ask himself how many Pidgeys and Ratatas he really needs. I mean sure you get the occasional Poliwag and Spearow, but is it worth all those free potions?

We'll find out in the next few days.

:laugh:

He is now confirmed interested in New Jersey given the rumored ample Dratini nests available to him on his walk to the practice facility.

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
He could have wanted Boston all along but he still didn't have the opportunity to meet with them until yesterday. What if Boston completely failed their meeting and he wasn't the least bit excited about them anymore? At that point I'm sure he would have wished he met with more teams.

My point is even if you're 99.999% sure, contracts/deals are never "done" until the signature is on the dotted line because things happen and circumstances change.

It has already been confirmed that Boston did well during their meeting. But you made a fair point when saying deals/contracts are never done. I agree with that but don't u think that if he goes to Boston, majority of other fan bases are gunna come in with the narrative that he already knew he wanted to be a Bruin before negotiation period even started and that he just made it seem like he was open to all of his options like his agent said.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Could it simply be that he had Boston in mind the whole time but to avoid tampering charges his agent has set up 8 meetings to ensure that everyone knows he wanted to go to August 15th no matter what?

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
It has already been confirmed that Boston did well during their meeting. But you made a fair point when saying deals/contracts are never done. I agree with that but don't u think that if he goes to Boston, majority of other fan bases are gunna come in with the narrative that he already knew he wanted to be a Bruin before negotiation period even started and that he just made it seem like he was open to all of his options like his agent said.

Boston didn't "have a good meeting" until after Vesey met with other teams. If Vesey had a crappy meeting with Boston then I'm sure he would have been glad he met with other teams.

I think he is open to all options, frankly. But I agree that narrative is inescapable if he signs with the Bruins.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I find this very interesting, probably would be the last team I expected him to pick. He'd definitely get 1st line minutes with Henrique and Hall. Not much offensive depth after those 2.

Hall is a Left wing. unless Vesey wants to switch wings, he won't be LW1.

also, Mike Cammalleri? Kyle Palmieri?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Maybe not, but it does add another round in the chamber for the Bruins. Vesey has always made the conscious choice to stay in the area when the opportunity to go elsewhere has arrived. Plus, Ted Donato ( his Harvard coach ) and Don Sweeney both have done the " stay in Harvard for 4 years and then play for the Bruins " approach ( albeit they were draft picks of the Bruins). That's not to say it'll happen and I know it's just as likely he'll sign elsewhere. But there's a lot of current flowing Boston's way with Vesey and it's strong. With Boston coming up last in the list of teams for him to talk to, they'll get the final word. There's a rumor ( among many ) that a lot will hinge on what Julien has to say, seeing as Vesey already knows Sweeney quite well and has a friendship with. One of Vesey's sticking points was feeling a comfort level with the GM and coach of the team he'll sign for.

Perhaps, Leafs fans were saying same thing about Stamkos.

They got to talk to him last, strong home town connections, Babacock- Stamkos team Canada connection.

My only advice would be, Bruins fans shouldn't get their hopes up just because they think geography is going to play a role.

I'd wager he wants to got to a playoff bound contender - ie Hawks or Pens, so that would cut Leafs, Sabres and likely the Bruins out of the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad