Rumor: All Encompassing Jimmy Vesey Thread. All Rumors/News goes here. Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Just want Vesey to sign in Buffalo so Kane goes either on waivers or is traded for nothing.

I'd be happy with him playing in the AHL so Moose fans can boo him.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
I live under a rock. Who is Jimmy Vesey and why is there a five part thread about him?

KreiderHouseRules*

40 points, 50 in a good year is still great to add for nothing. I think he's still got longshot potential to be even better than that. Apparently many GMs agree.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I live under a rock. Who is Jimmy Vesey and why is there a five part thread about him?

3rd round draft pick that won an overrated award. Probably good for 25 points this season, the big deal is he's a free young asset who can improve.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015

A guy who was a Nashville 3rd round pick who wound up being the Hobey Baker winner this year because he stayed all 4 years in college and beat out guys who were freshmen and juniors because he is fully physically mature and was dominating teenagers in the ECAC and since he decided to not sign with Nashville and go to free agency, which him needing to wait until Aug 16 to talk to teams and literally nothing else going on right now outside of journeyman FA signings, its a huge deal for a kid who is likely a routine 30-40 pt player

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
I see. Free serviceable guy with an ELC contract. Always good to get, even if he isn't that great.

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
quote this with what you would do in his situation and why.

Sign with my favorite team growing up which clearly has roster spots available for me. As long as the money is in the same ball park. I'm a kid out of college, I'm not walking away from millions in guaranteed money that I may or may not be worth.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007

On PS4, I usually get drafted by a team and I utilize the trade request option as often as possible until I get traded to a team I like.

I also sign massive 1 year contracts, just so I can be an UFA every summer.

You can't blame Vesey. He's doing what he has to do for himself.

None of the people criticizing him realize that realistically, it's none of their business.

TheGreat

Dec 5, 2012
beside Nash fans (who's team draft him) , what other team's fans will be upset if he doesn't sign with them?

While he put some good stats at college , at 23 seems a little old for college no? , shouldn't he be in the AHL or if he was really good in NHL already?

seems like a lot fuss over this guy

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
beside Nash fans (who's team draft him) , what other team's fans will be upset if he doesn't sign with them?

While he put some good stats at college , at 23 seems a little old for college no? , shouldn't he be in the AHL or if he was really good in NHL already?

seems like a lot fuss over this guy

He just turned 23 in late May. College players are 18-22, sometimes older..

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Go to Chicago to be the next Panarin and make ridiculous bank on your second deal.

Vesey isn't as talented as Panarin.

He can make big bank on his 2nd and 3rd contracts but he's likely at best a 50 point player and a solid support player.

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario

I think I'd go to NYR to be honest.
Close to 'my' dad, amazing city to be young and rich, world class club and facilities, always competitive, etc, etc.

That being said, I still hopes he chooses the Leafs :D

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland

I would go to Philly because they'll contending soon with young studs + guys like G, Voracek, Schenn, Couturier. And because Michael Raffl is second in their LW depth chart. So he should be playing in the top6 if he's worth even a tiny bit of this hype.

He probably goes to Chicago or something but those three cups aren't going to bring him another one. I hope he realizes it.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015

Go to a team with a winning atmosphere and a roster ready to be a contender with or without me signing there but also has a spot for me to play to be able to succeed.

I would like to think that I would be smart enough to realize that if a team is pinning their hopes on me (a 23 year old kid out of college who has never played a professional hockey game in the AHL or NHL) to have a legit shot at the cup, we probably arent in good shape to win

Never underestimate how jumping to a bad or even middle of the pack team can stunt growth for kids that arent star material (which Vesey really isnt).

Not saying I would have dead set choice but PIT/CHI would be near the top of my list with NYI bending my ear too

I think NJD/NYR/BUF/TOR/BOS have too many immediate red flags or larger problems or just teams arent ready to compete for a few years for me to want to burn through my entire ELC accomplishing nothing on a team

I would have strongly considered Nashville too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad