Rumor: All Encompassing Jimmy Vesey Thread. All Rumors/News goes here. Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
So basically a young, 2nd/3rd line player who produces like Chris Kreider with size, skill, and on an ELC for two years. Most teams would love that.

Don't get me wrong he is an asset that teams desire but my concern is that if he comes to Toronto(which I doubt) he will be automatically placed ahead of guys who I feel are/will be better in Sosh and Brown.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Don't get me wrong he is an asset that teams desire but my concern is that if he comes to Toronto(which I doubt) he will be automatically placed ahead of guys who I feel are/will be better in Sosh and Brown.

That's up to the team and the scouts.

You might feel Sosh/Brown are better, but the scouts/team might not.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Feel bad for whatever team gets stuck with this Primadonna. He'll probably hold an on-ice press conference to announce who he's going to pass to on the current power play.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
If Detroit is too far away from Boston for him, so is Toronto (and Buffalo). Let it go, guys.

Toronto and Buffalo are both considerably east of Detroit.

On the other hand, Chicago is a lot farther west than Detroit, and Chicago apparently isn't too far.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Because cost of living actually plays a part in an NHL player's decision making process :laugh:

Considering that after taxes, esgrow, agent fees, union dues, etc. some players are out half the value of their contract, it's probably a consideration.

Now guys like Toews, OV, Benn, etc. making huge money probably don't care.

But your mid-to-lower end guys you can be damned sure it comes into play. I don't think it often makes or breaks a deal (cost of living in most cities is relatively high), but you'd be foolish to think it doesn't get considered, albeit it's probably low on the priority scale.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Feel bad for whatever team gets stuck with this Primadonna. He'll probably hold an on-ice press conference to announce who he's going to pass to on the current power play.

lol... please explain how he's a primadonna.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
If travel bothers him then NY is the answer. 2 other teams within car/bus train ride. Limited flying if that is an issue. Still close to family. Big Apple amenities--

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012

People tooting this horn are nothing short of salty. Plain old saltly table salt. Ocean salt even. Whichever one is worse.

All Vesey has done is exercise his rights under the CBA. He isn't the one causing all the hype, it's the teams, the fans, and the league that are. I haven't heard him say anything that warrants a primadonna label. People hatin' cuz they jelly. Salty jelly. Gross.

L13

Oct 1, 2015
Except Chicago isn't too far.. The only things in this thread are Speculation, BS, and Detroit being out.

I'm willing to bet actual money that Vesey is not going to Chicago and it is indeed too far.

Midship

Jan 7, 2016

Not sure we're this opinion comes from. Seems totally unfounded.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
People tooting this horn are nothing short of salty. Plain old saltly table salt. Ocean salt even. Whichever one is worse.

All Vesey has done is exercise his rights under the CBA. He isn't the one causing all the hype, it's the teams, the fans, and the league that are. I haven't heard him say anything that warrants a primadonna label. People hatin' cuz they jelly. Salty jelly. Gross.

The primadonna label isn't fair to him. If anything people should be annoyed with the media. They have unintentionally raised expectations of Vesey to the point he is almost destined to disappoint

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
I've been wondering the same thing...how is Detroit too far but Chicago isn't?

For reference:

greatlakesbw.GIF

Going from East to West, the order is Buffalo - Toronto - Detroit - Chicago

TheLowKreider

Aug 4, 2009
Wasn't able to talk to teams until Tuesday. Might decide today or tomorrow. 2-3 days to decide where you'll be playing the next 2-4 years is extremely reasonable. Blame the media and the CBA.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Other players such as Kevin Hayes went this route. I wasn't on this forum when that happened, but did they receive these type of negative responses? Why is Vesey being singled out for invoking his rights the CBA has granted him?

All of us at some point in our working lives would love to have the options this kid currently has in front of him. Anyone who says they would handle it differently is lying or delusional.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Wasn't able to talk to teams until Tuesday. Might decide today or tomorrow. 2-3 days to decide where you'll be playing the next 2-4 years is extremely reasonable. Blame the media and the CBA.

This. This. This.

I can understand why fans are sick of this story, but it's not his fault. Like I've said before, it'd be one thing if he could've signed on July 1st but chose to draw it out this far, but he couldn't.

Other players such as Kevin Hayes went this route. I wasn't on this forum when that happened, but did they receive these type of negative responses? Why is Vesey being singled out for invoking his rights the CBA has granted him?

All of us at some point in our working lives would love to have the options this kid currently has in front of him. Anyone who says they would handle it differently is lying or delusional.

He did but not to the extent Vesey's been getting it. We can thank Twitter for that.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
The primadonna label isn't fair to him. If anything people should be annoyed with the media. They have unintentionally raised expectations of Vesey to the point he is almost destined to disappoint

But have they really? I haven't stayed on top of this saga so much to say that I've seen nearly every article on the kid, but from what I've seen not many people have set the bar for him overly high. I've seen the "wouldn't be surprised if he comes in and scores 20 goals" kinda often, but is that really an insane projection? He shoots the puck a lot, he has a chance to score quite a bit depending on the team he joins. I've seen a lot of projections saying 20+20 is reasonable for him, and that doesn't seem outrageous. But like I said, I haven't seen nearly all the articles on the kid so maybe there's a ton of stuff out there overrating him.

The sheer volume of articles have moreso been updates about which teams are supposedly in and out of contention to sign him, which is nice to see as I'd like to know that kind of information. And a lot of discussion in the weird amount of Vesey threads we've been through on this board has just been arguments about why Vesey should join team X or why there's no way team Y makes sense for him to join, followed by team Y's fans making long-winded arguments.

I don't know... to me, at least on HF, the drama has been created by the fans.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
I've been wondering the same thing...how is Detroit too far but Chicago isn't?

Yeah I posted on that so many times. It kills me Chicago would go to the trouble with the crap out there about Detroit being too far. his reps are morons if they gave that quote.

Sorry DET, too far. Mr. Kane and Mr. Bowman, walk right in. It's BS.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

lol love these posts

primadonna for doing something that is actually allowed by the CBA and choosing the best decision for his life

what a selfish jerk!!

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
I think it will be hilarious if he chooses Chicago and they trade him to Edmonton or somewhere out West in 2 years after they can't afford him anymore (assuming he lives up to expectations and is a solid 2nd liner).

No, no trade clauses on ELCs. So he is at the teams mercy. If I were him I'd want a team that has the money to sign me.

Then again, we may not be that team either with Eichel and Reinhart up for contracts in 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad