Prospect Info: Alex DeBrincat - 2016 39th Overall (RW) /// UPDATE 11/7: signed to 3-yr ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I don't need to do "research" I watched the games, and "statistically" is not always a great measure. Crawford sucks b**** yet his statistics are decent, he lays eggs when it comes to timeliness.

You clearly didn't or if you actually did then this confirms how little you know about hockey.

Crawford lays eggs when it counts? Are you dense? 2 cups, the eye test, and being a top 5 goalie in the playoffs statistically prove that you are wrong. I don't even really like Crow that much as a goalie but I am not delusional.

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You clearly didn't or if you actually did then this confirms how little you know about hockey.

Crawford lays eggs when it counts? Are you dense? 2 cups, the eye test, and being a top 5 goalie in the playoffs statistically prove that you are wrong. I don't even really like Crow that much as a goalie but I am not delusional.

I'm still trying to figure out why I keep taking him off ignore, and why others haven't just added him to keep his the delusion out of most threads....

After the last couple posts in this thread... yeah, back on he goes. :shakehead

His "hockey knowledge" rivals that of my girlfriend... who has been to a single game, ever, and has probably watched no more than a dozen games in the past 5 1/2 years we've been together, all of which were playoff games, and only watched due to parties at our house or other houses. She didn't watch a single one this year(wish I hadn't either, in hindsight). I'm truly baffled as to how he claims to "know hockey" in any way whatsoever, and none of us actually do...

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I'm still trying to figure out why I keep taking him off ignore, and why others haven't just added him to keep his the delusion out of most threads....

After the last couple posts in this thread... yeah, back on he goes. :shakehead

His "hockey knowledge" rivals that of my girlfriend... who has been to a single game, ever, and has probably watched no more than a dozen games in the past 5 1/2 years we've been together, all of which were playoff games, and only watched due to parties at our house or other houses. She didn't watch a single one this year(wish I hadn't either, in hindsight). I'm truly baffled as to how he claims to "know hockey" in any way whatsoever, and none of us actually do...

You're all clueless and only half-ass fans. Please. Only expert, life-dedicated superfans in these parts, boys and girls.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You're all clueless and only half-ass fans. Please. Only expert, life-dedicated superfans in these parts, boys and girls.

:laugh:

But to touch on that. I, myself, could care less about whether someone is a casual fan who has only watched for a couple years, or a die-hard fan that has followed them their whole life. I have no issue with that.

But claiming to know everything about the sport... when every single post contradicts that, and the vast majority of other posters agree on something that you don't... definitely makes someone delusional, and I don't understand it at all, to be completely honest. Particularly when the FACTS themselves prove the idea/information posted.

I don't know if I've ever actually seen some state they were wrong about something, now that I think about it.

Most on here can admit if they're wrong, or make a mistake. Some just refuse to, though, and I don't know why...

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
:laugh:

But to touch on that. I, myself, could care less about whether someone is a casual fan who has only watched for a couple years, or a die-hard fan that has followed them their whole life. I have no issue with that.

But claiming to know everything about the sport... when every single post contradicts that, and the vast majority of other posters agree on something that you don't... definitely makes someone delusional, and I don't understand it at all, to be completely honest. Particularly when the FACTS themselves prove the idea/information posted.

I don't know if I've ever actually seen some state they were wrong about something, now that I think about it.

Most on here can admit if they're wrong, or make a mistake. Some just refuse to, though, and I don't know why...

Agreed on all counts. But then again, I'm a know-nothing too so what the hell do I know about anything?

unbridledid

Jun 8, 2011
Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

Ty Webb: Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Hmmmmm. Certainly glad you added "statistically" to your description.... cause that is the only way it is accurate.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Hmmmmm. Certainly glad you added "statistically" to your description.... cause that is the only way it is accurate.

2 cups is not accurate (one of which he should have been the Conn Smythe)? What goalies have been better in the playoffs in Crow's time?

Or do you mean just that part of the sentence?

Last edited:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
If you want to go purely on the eye-test, nobody can stop you, but when the results of your eye-test directly contradict the majority's eye-test, perhaps it's time to a) get your eyes checked or b) reflect on whether you're bringing some confirmation bias to the procedure.

Or, there's always the last option: dig your heels in and claim everybody else is crazy, and how your opinion is more reliable than measurable fact. That's a way you can go. We'll call it the 'flat earth truthers' method.

Last edited:

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
got hurt.

DeBrincat was back in the third period. I was at the game, he is so small compared to everyone else, he is not particularly fast or a dangler, he has is very calm and patient though, makes some good passes, great shot obviously but he did not get any good looks, effort wise he floated around most of the game, the entire Erie team just didnt have much energy in the first two periods, they had somewhat of a push back in the third but it was too little too late. I think its gonna be Windsor-Erie for the final. I am sure Erie will come out hard and we will see a different game.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
DeBrincat was back in the third period. I was at the game, he is so small compared to everyone else, he is not particularly fast or a dangler, he has is very calm and patient though, makes some good passes, great shot obviously but he did not get any good looks, effort wise he floated around most of the game, the entire Erie team just didnt have much energy in the first two periods, they had somewhat of a push back in the third but it was too little too late. I think its gonna be Windsor-Erie for the final. I am sure Erie will come out hard and we will see a different game.

Watched him play for the first time last evening. The bold above is what I observed as well. Not a lot of hunger there.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Watched him play for the first time last evening. The bold above is what I observed as well. Not a lot of hunger there.

i have talked to some erie fan and the one thing i came away with, he does this a lot. that fan who has attended many games verified it. i saw a couple games on the internet so i was limited to watching a game or 2 that he has done this.

but remember when he come to camp, the pro's will instill many new things he will need to improve on.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well he got 3a last night vs.Saint John and got a 2nd star of the game...still it was again not a great game for him...no goals but 3 assists that were routine rather than world class stuff that he can do ...had a few shot looks but missed the target a couple of times and was stopped by the Saint John goalie von a really goid scoring chance..But overall a lotbofvtruth floating and roaming around where the puck usually follows a him or he gets it ...that was not the case tonoght ..Did not seem to.meno his game ...Hopefully saving his best effort forc Sunday's final against Windsor. While he did get one of his asdists on a rush up the middle dosh to Strome who got off a goid shot and scored that was about the only play you could say he did something remotely elite ..There were 2 other assists but mostly routine stuff ...N9T jaw dropping as he has shown manyvtimesvthis season..However what he is known most forb8svgoal scoring off his quick release shot ..and we have seen very little of that to date at the Memorial Cup...for some reason he seems content to dosh off and set up Strome and Foegle for shot chances rather than his patented shot into the net ..the puck usually finds him ..but not a lot in the last 2 games nor did he exertvtop effort to go get the puck and transition back 9n attack as he normally does.so not really his best the last 2 games or even in the whole tournament so far..he has lotsbofvpoints .. sure...but I have seen him.play much much better where HE creates and finishes for their offense ...he can play a liot better than this.

I did think Matt Highmore and Nathan Noel played much better games for Saint John than they had in prior games of the tournament. .Highmore had a creaky goodcasdistcas he won a puck on the boards...came out and took it toward the net..and a nice soft dish to Joseph through defenders and over to their LW who scored ..So a nice generatby Highmore..so a nice play generation by Highmore patsvoff in a goal..He was also 50% on draws which was a lot better than the previous game vs Erie when they got bombed 12 -5 ..He also had acfewcscoribgvchances of his own but did not beat Timpani in the Erie net...

Nathan Noel had a great game with relentless work ethic and hardworking on several shifts to keep Erie pined in their zone and some scoring chances came biff that but he was not rewarded . Had 1 scoring chance I 5he slit completely alone but just coukd not handle a pass and tge chance dripped away ..Also Noel was great on the pk. .blocked shots ...got to pucks and cleared ..a very very goid Exertion Effort all lgame by Noel ..and aggressive on the hits.

Very pleased with the EFFORAT shown by Noel and Highmore this game ..wish DeBrincat would show that ..I know he can..saw it many times in tge season and playoffs. .but so far we have not seen him WANT THE PUCK ...still picking up points because so much talent around him on Erie..but when it comes easy for him to pick up points ...just like Patrick Kane...sometimes they are just not on their misdion best and they still collect points anyway ..Y here is 1 game remaining for tge Memorial Cup.Woukdnlujevto see DeBrincat go on his best mission ...Leading the Erie attack. .scoring somevgoalscwith his shot vast well as cresting by taking pucks off guysxandvtransitioning. .would likevthis see him show his "A" game..so far ...5tat had been missing ..despite his collection of points. .He can play a lot better. ERIE WILL NEED HIM TO "Bring It " if they hope to beat Windsor. .whose team have all bough t in to top efgort and focus...top ON AMISSION FOR. ..DeBrincat needsvtpmbecsddtrssed stop floating and go on his own m8sdion and "star" to "lead" his team to the Memorial Cup victory ...He should not be content to let Strome or Foegle or Cirelki or Taylor Raddysh look "starry" ..he needs to show he can "bring it" himself.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Very pleased with the EFFORAT shown by Noel and Highmore this game ..wish DeBrincat would show that ..I know he can..saw it many times in tge season and playoffs. .but so far we have not seen him WANT THE PUCK ...still picking up points because so much talent around him on Erie..but when it comes easy for him to pick up points ...just like Patrick Kane...sometimes they are just not on their misdion best and they still collect points anyway .

I wish now I hadn't watched the two recent games of DeBrincat as it left a rather bitter taste. Obviously the sample size is puny but I saw a floater with skill. If I had to make a comparison it would be to Teravainen.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I wish now I hadn't watched the two recent games of DeBrincat as it left a rather bitter taste. Obviously the sample size is puny but I saw a floater with skill. If I had to make a comparison it would be to Teravainen.

first HF50 nice posts.... great job.

now, with debrincat, for me, players in the same stage of playing, have problems with the overall expectations of what is needed to become a nhl player. does this mean he can not develop any more? - no, it just means that he needs to go to the next stage and apply himself.

re tevo comparison, i think it is right on - hit the nail on the head. that being said, i still can't wait to see him in a hawks jersey and see on he does in training camp.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Float thing is similar but how they play the game is different.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
I didn't really see him floating too much. In the o-zone he would get into the high slot area and would make small adjustments and move around slightly trying to open passing lanes to get him the puck.

In the d-zone from what I saw he was typically the guy down low helping the dmen, appearing to assume the d responsibilities of the center position.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Float thing is similar but how they play the game is different.

True.

Based on his impressive offensive numbers and the reviews from McDavid and some here, I think he has another gear in his game. The question is can he find it and apply against NHL ops?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
True.

Based on his impressive offensive numbers and the reviews from McDavid and some here, I think he has another gear in his game. The question is can he find it and apply against NHL ops?

His ability to find open spaces should not go away and that will be crucial. This is can be taught to a point but not like this. The size factor and overall speed of the game will have an impact though. Obviously his offensive numbers will go down but he should be able to do pull off his game at the NHL level.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
A sniper is a sniper

Brett Hull floated around to get in spaces and lanes to get his shot off. I'm not saying this kid has that kind of shot, but a sniper does what he needs to score goals. This kid likes to shoot the puck too----Teravainen had a pass first mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad