Prospect Info: Alex DeBrincat - 2016 39th Overall (RW) /// UPDATE 11/7: signed to 3-yr ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Another scoring chance on a 2 on 1
..DeBrincat set up Foegle who failed to convert..Thisnisvthev4th 3 on I have counted with DeBrincat leading the rush ..only 1 of his setups on these has been converted by his linemates ...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Saint John scores ...so now7-3: for Erie...

Right after this Chabot takes a penalty for Saint John ..and DeBrincat scores from the point! 8-3 Erie ...then soon after ...another penalty on Saint John..and Erie scores another goal...9-3 for Erie and still on the PP as the period ends..Will have more than a minute on a pp to start the 3rd period .

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Erie also dominating the faceoffs...Highmorebisn9nlyb4/16 in the dot for Saint John amd he is a lifetime 54-58% guy in his several seasons in Saint John ..so very off his game as are just about everyone for Saint John tonight ..they breezed through the Q playoffs then come with a stinker like this..and then taking too many penalties as the game hit away from them...death as Erie can pile up the score on lethal pps...

Last edited:

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Erie also dominating the faceoffs...Highmorebisn9nlyb4/16 in the dot for Saint John amd he is a lifetime 54-58% guy in his several seasons in Saint John ..Spovery off his game as are just about everyone for Saint John tonight ..they breezed through the Q playoffs then come with a stinker like this..and then taking too many penalties as the game hit away from them...death as Erie can pile up the score on lethal pps...

https://www.google.com/search?q=Hig....69i57j69i58.328j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Erie scores again on the pp to open the 3rd ...10-3 for Erie ..and they had the 3rd liners on to ease up on Saint John...still got the goal .

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Despite the blow-up. ..Highmore hustling on a shift...takes it to. The net and draws a penalty ...Nicevto see he has not quit despite the frustrating night.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
And now 11-3 for Erie ...Dylan Strome gets his Hatty and 6th point of the game ..Taylor Raddysh on with him and DeBrincat on this shift
..Raddysh sets up Strome ...so 2g 4a for T.Raddysh and 3g 3a for Dylan Strome ..though they have not been on together at ES except fprvtjis shift.Debroncay on with them.but do not think he was in on it.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Now 12-3 fir Erie...DeBrincat turns over puck in his own zone ...But then blocks the ensuing shot...takes puck back..Meads a rush ...pased to Foegle ...back to DeBrincat ...over to Dylan Strome...easy tap in ..Tic tac toe ...so Dylan Stome's 4th goal and 7th point ..DeBrincat has his 3rd assist to go with 1 goal ...But remember he also hitvabpis5 and also set up Strome at least for 4 other grade A shots that we not converted ...DeBrincat doing playmaker role tonight ..not the shooter role..

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Saint John then svores 2 quick goals...Now 12 -5...with 4:38 remaining in the game ...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Highmore takes thenpucknrarelybstaysvwuthnhim on a rush to the net and dishes at the crease ..almost tapped in by Joseph but it did not go ...that kind of night for Highmore ...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So game ends...12 -5 for Erie ...

Matt Highmore finished just -1 despite the 12 goals against his team. .but no points on any of the 5 Saint John goals. ..Nathan Noel also -1 and no shots or points... DeBrincat with 1 G and 3a and +1 and just 2 shots on goal (but 1 post hit ) ...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Shots finished 39 to 23 for Erie ..but Erie probably missed about 15 shots off target that justbm8ssed the net ..

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Something might have hapoebedvt9 Nathan Noel..vecause I do not recall him getting as much ice time as normal ...Also he takes many faceoffs for Saint John ..wasbonlyv2/4 in the dot..so maybe he got injured early?
I do not recall seeing him much in the last 2 periods if atvalk...Highmore finishedv9/23 in the dot ..he is usually 54 to 58% in his seasons no the ..but maybe overworked if Noel could not play or take any draws after an early injury? ANYWAY ..this all very unusual ...was it just a bad night or is tge Q really that bad compared to the OHL competition this season?

Also unusual that a quiet 4 point night for DeBrincat ...overshadowed by the big nightsc frpm Dylan Strome and Cirelli and Taylor Raddysh ....is marked by only 2 shots on goal credited to
DeBrincat who usually shoots as much as he sets up ...But while he got 3 assists and the 1 G (on 2 shots) he might have had at least 3 more assists had Strome converted even more when set uby DeBrincat...But if that had happened the Erie Otters would have scored 15 goals and Strome would have had the 7 goals ...but that is too. Much for any player ..so ..the hockey gods said 4 goals are enough ...

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Could have swore I clicked on the Debrincat thread.

Could a mod check and make sure the title didn't get messed up somehow...??

Peep's are using "size matters" examples in comparison with other Chicago athletes, nothing more nothing less. Shaw we know is considered undersized in todays NHL but was huge with the Bhawks.

Look at even other sports, namely the QB position in the NFL which arguably is probably one of the toughest position in sports trying to throw a ball accurate with 300 pound guys all up in your face. Drew Brees was considered undersized in the pro game and we all know how that prototype size and arm strength did for Jay Cutler's NFL career :laugh::laugh:

If you got it...you got it.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I think he realistically can be a 50-60 point guy. I don't think he will come in right away and go nuts, there may be some adjustment and he has things he needs to work on, but he will work on them. My fear is he is going to come in and likely struggle a little, as almost any rookie does at some point, and people are going to be all over it and saying he sucks.

He'll work on his foot speed, but his nose for the net, intelligence, finish, offensive instincts, and the edge to his game will translate I believe and I think he will be a very effective offensive player. 50-60 points once he settles in in his career truly would not surprise me. I am not betting my life on it but I feel fairly strongly about it.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I think he realistically can be a 50-60 point guy. I don't think he will come in right away and go nuts, there may be some adjustment and he has things he needs to work on, but he will work on them. My fear is he is going to come in and likely struggle a little, as almost any rookie does at some point, and people are going to be all over it and saying he sucks.

He'll work on his foot speed, but his nose for the net, intelligence, finish, offensive instincts, and the edge to his game will translate I believe and I think he will be a very effective offensive player. 50-60 points once he settles in in his career truly would not surprise me. I am not betting my life on it but I feel fairly strongly about it.

My biggest concern is that the coaching staff will be idiots and make him 'earn' his way into the top 6 to play with talent, rather than immediately putting him into a position to make the most of his assets.

He's not a grinder. He will never be a grinder. And he should not have to play with grinders to prove himself 'worthy'. Put skill players in a position to use their skill. Immediately.

Take a lesson from the Penguins. Sheary and Guentzel were put in the top 6 almost immediately. Because that's the role their skill-sets are suited for.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Put him with people who can pass and find the open lanes. He finds the soft areas in coverage in the offensive as well as anybody. He's smart and extremely crafty, he will find those holes at the NHL level. Put him with a playmaker and he is going to score goals. Period.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Debrincat+1st+Seabrook to ARZ for OEL+prospect.

Would you do it?

Arizona traded Yandle for a package that included Duclaire, and they specifically wanted Duclaire because of the success he had playing with Max Domie in junior.

They have Strome drafted. They might be interested in getting his wingman (who also happens to be an offensive phenom in his own right).

Blackhawks get to move Seabrook. ARZ gets Debrincat AND help reaching the cap floor for 7 years, well after the Datsyuk and Pronger contracts disappear, and the Blackhawks get a top 5 Dman in the league. Plus they don't have to move Panarin.

The downside is that OEL is only locked up for 2 more years at 5.5. After that, he'd need a pay increase.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Debrincat+1st+Seabrook to ARZ for OEL+prospect.

Would you do it?

Arizona traded Yandle for a package that included Duclaire, and they specifically wanted Duclaire because of the success he had playing with Max Domie in junior.

They have Strome drafted. They might be interested in getting his wingman (who also happens to be an offensive phenom in his own right).

Blackhawks get to move Seabrook. ARZ gets Debrincat AND help reaching the cap floor for 7 years, well after the Datsyuk and Pronger contracts disappear, and the Blackhawks get a top 5 Dman in the league. Plus they don't have to move Panarin.

The downside is that OEL is only locked up for 2 more years at 5.5. After that, he'd need a pay increase.

Forget OEL...how about GettingToews to waive ...and get Dylan Strome back for the deal..Then we could have the Strome DeBrincat duo doing their thing ! But why in the hell would they do that?

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Seabrook won't waive for Arizona.

This....plus probably not enough given they are thin on D and OEL to Seabs is a downgrade which makes them even thinner. Organizationally, they have literally nothing on the back end of note in the pipeline. IF (and sorry not seeing it either) Seabs would waive, you probably are having to include replacing the 1st with Frosling and a 2nd (or more like Debrincat, Frosling plus the first).

Assuming the Hawks pay Seabs 4.5 million signing bonus before any trade were to occur, that would leave only 41.50 due for the remaining 7 years. OEL is backloaded and his last 2 years are 13.5. So in theory short term the Yotes would essentially break even with Seabs owed 13.55 (after his signing bonus is paid for the year) and OEL 13.5 for the next 2 years. After that Seabs is owed 28 for the next 5 years or 5.6 a year on average. The Yotes historically have little care about cap hit and the real dollars are more of a concern.

Making things more complicated is the fact that Seabs is one of few RHD options for the Hawks. Hjammer plays RHD on his off hand as a leftie. TVR is prime expansion draft loss possibility. If you trade Seabs and lose TVR, that only leaves Pokka and Rossy as RHD options, and neither of those guys are remotely close to top 4 options on anything that remotely resembles a good team.

I would love to upgrade Seabs to OEL AND save 1.375 in cap space per year while off loading the last 5 years of Seabs contract. The reality is Seabs isn't waiving to go be the next Shane Doan (vet leader on a team that will never get close to the hump much less over it) and the Hawks sweetener to make Arizona consider that will be obscenely expensive (cause Seabs contract is THAT bad).

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland

50-60 points? once he settles?...50-60 points is **** !!!

So you basically saying, he is going to fail,he will never be
a goal scoring sniper in the NHL,nor point scoring power either.

His disadvanteges are actually going to his biggest
advantages,no one is going to take him seriously, especially
in his rookie season,small,puny,bad skater,what a joke,
thats what "they" gonna say.

His mind boggling high hockey IQ,awesome shot selection,
super easily finds great chemistry with whom ever he plays with.

-> McDavid,Strome,Maksimovich,Raddysh,Cirelli,Foegele,
before and after DeBrincat...looking at their
stats before playing with Alex and after...
crazy increase in stats,coincidence? i-don't-think-so.

I predict; eventually,in 2-3 years,he will be a 50 goal
100 point player.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
50-60 points? once he settles?...50-60 points is **** !!!

So you basically saying, he is going to fail,he will never be
a goal scoring sniper in the NHL,nor point scoring power either.

His disadvanteges are actually going to his biggest
advantages,no one is going to take him seriously, especially
in his rookie season,small,puny,bad skater,what a joke,
thats what "they" gonna say.

His mind boggling high hockey IQ,awesome shot selection,
super easily finds great chemistry with whom ever he plays with.

-> McDavid,Strome,Maksimovich,Raddysh,Cirelli,Foegele,
before and after DeBrincat...looking at their
stats before playing with Alex and after...
crazy increase in stats,coincidence? i-don't-think-so.

I predict; eventually,in 2-3 years,he will be a 50 goal
100 point player.

I admire your enthusiasm about Debrincat, but, wow. Very, very few players can score 100 points in the NHL. It's not a knock on him to ONLY expect 50-60 points, which some might even consider to be optimistic expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad