Prospect Info: Alex DeBrincat - 2016 39th Overall (RW) /// UPDATE 11/7: signed to 3-yr ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
No one is really saying he is going to be a 50 goal scorer. CS simply stated if DeBrincat were to be a 50 goal scorer in year 1 the team would go on an even better run than the 2010-2015 run. He later states he thinks he can score 25 goals year 1. It helps if you actually read the whole post bud.

If Alex Debrincat establishes himself as a 50 goal scorer in year 1, I think we'll be in the beginning stages of a run even better than the one we just had. He is one hell of an X-factor. Unique, highly skilled and determined. We can only hope! I do think 25 goals this year and then him becoming a consistent 30+ goal scorer is lofty but far from unreasonable. 40, 50, I've gotta see him do it first, there are like less than 10 guys in the league that have that ability. Aim high though!

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
If we can get 20 goals and 25 assists from DeBrincat we will be in good shape. AA is going to have to be a work horse this year with his grind.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
No one is really saying he is going to be a 50 goal scorer. CS simply stated if DeBrincat were to be a 50 goal scorer in year 1 the team would go on an even better run than the 2010-2015 run. He later states he thinks he can score 25 goals year 1. It helps if you actually read the whole post bud.

Thanks for the help, where would I be without you expert BK? lol

Just suggesting or thinking that Debrincat can in some fantasy land score 50 is funny. But yes 20 goals will be gold in my books.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
If he ever scores even 40 goals in the NHL in a season then we lose him via trade in 2020/21 season ..cause MCDAVID @$12.5 m and MATHEWS and Laine likely at@ that too on their next contracts amd so DeBrincat's agent woukd demand at least $10.5 m per (because he wants to give us a "hometown discout ...so be careful what you wish for...success is fleeting
..had to get rid of Panarin on fear of next contract..so if DeBrincat does adjust to the NHL and shines in stardom 40 goals and 50 a and helps Kane over 100 points
.well apart from being unlikely ,if by some miracle it does hapoen...then we will have him only for a brief 3 year period. .They cannot all get paid properly ...remember ...Stan had boxed us in with all then overpay and NMC'S ...Also they will have to bump up Sae season after the seadon DeBrincat's ELC ends..

Better we should not go through torture of losing another star or superstar if that happens ...Unless of course the $cdn rises to $1.25 u.s.,but that is not going to happen..

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

Just suggesting or thinking that Debrincat can in some fantasy land score 50 is funny. But yes 20 goals will be gold in my books.

I wasn't even the one who suggested it. There's a way to respond to someone you disagree with without crapping on their head. Novel concept, I know.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
If he ever scores even 40 goals in the NHL in a season then we lose him via trade in 2020/21 season ..cause MCDAVID @$12.5 m and MATHEWS and Laine likely at@ that too on their next contracts amd so DeBrincat's agent woukd demand at least $10.5 m per (because he wants to give us a "hometown discout ...so be careful what you wish for...success is fleeting
..had to get rid of Panarin on fear of next contract..so if DeBrincat does adjust to the NHL and shines in stardom 40 goals and 50 a and helps Kane over 100 points
.well apart from being unlikely ,if by some miracle it does hapoen...then we will have him only for a brief 3 year period. .They cannot all get paid properly ...remember ...Stan had boxed us in with all then overpay and NMC'S ...Also they will have to bump up Sae season after the seadon DeBrincat's ELC ends..

Better we should not go through torture of losing another star or superstar if that happens ...Unless of course the $cdn rises to $1.25 u.s.,but that is not going to happen..

If Debrincat becomes a super star over the next 3 years, Crawford goes and we resign him and go cheap in net.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

I mean if your preschool teacher did their job you should be praising them but clearly, they didn't.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

however until that trade happens, the hawks can use his production in a positive way.... like leading the hawks to the playoff and maybe more.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I wasn't even the one who suggested it. There's a way to respond to someone you disagree with without crapping on their head. Novel concept, I know.

Who said you are the one who suggested it? I did not even mention names. I just said it was funny, why are you so sensitive and taking this personally?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Even a million to one chance is a chance :)
- In 1st line as Kane's LW, 1st PP unit,tons of ice time...

Hey,if a guy like (feather weight) Panarin can score 30 goals
and 70+ points, twice,while playing with Kane,imagine what a player
who is better in almost every way can do :)

Okay,okay,...obviously Brinksy will not score 50,most likely :)
this is just hypothetical,interesting but hypothetical.

Hypotheticaly speaking,he has a chance to make ice hockey history :)

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Debrincat is not better than Panarin in almost every way though.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

oh man, i am being ornery here. but i can say that hypothetically he can learn the ups and downs of pro hockey at the AHL.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Who said you are the one who suggested it? I did not even mention names. I just said it was funny, why are you so sensitive and taking this personally?

haha, yeah, I've got time to be sensitive about stuff like this. I'm just happy to be alive today. I wish it would rub off on you a little.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Other than hockey sense, what does he do better?

AP is a better skater, stronger on the puck, has a better shot, etc.

Debrin has a better hockey sense and is a better passer but that is it.

Better skater; YES,much so

Stronger on the puck; NO,its close,but that goes to Alex

Has a better shot; HECK NO,not even close,not even in the same level,
that puck leaves quicky and heavily (in fraction of a second quickly) wrist and slap
by DeBrincat.

His game,it isn't just about hockey sense,
it does give him a tremendous base(basis),from to work with,
its all about quickness and strength of his hands,wheather its passing,
or shooting,you should really closely watch DeBrincat's highlights.

His hockey sense just makes him so much better and more dangerous,with or without the puck.
- but he is not just mr hockey sense,he is so much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino