Prospect Info: Alex DeBrincat - 2016 39th Overall (RW) /// UPDATE 11/7: signed to 3-yr ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
50-60 points? once he settles?...50-60 points is **** !!!

So you basically saying, he is going to fail,he will never be
a goal scoring sniper in the NHL,nor point scoring power either.

His disadvanteges are actually going to his biggest
advantages,no one is going to take him seriously, especially
in his rookie season,small,puny,bad skater,what a joke,
thats what "they" gonna say.

His mind boggling high hockey IQ,awesome shot selection,
super easily finds great chemistry with whom ever he plays with.

-> McDavid,Strome,Maksimovich,Raddysh,Cirelli,Foegele,
before and after DeBrincat...looking at their
stats before playing with Alex and after...
crazy increase in stats,coincidence? i-don't-think-so.

I predict; eventually,in 2-3 years,he will be a 50 goal
100 point player.

That is absurd. How many players have reached 50 goals in the last 10 years, like 8? How many excluding 2006? Maybe 5?

50-60 points is a damn good player.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
100 pts? I think Hossa is the only active player not a top 4 draft pick who has a 100 point season in his career, and even that was in the followup couple lockout years where scoring was much higher up.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
50-60 points? once he settles?...50-60 points is **** !!!

So you basically saying, he is going to fail,he will never be
a goal scoring sniper in the NHL,nor point scoring power either.

His disadvanteges are actually going to his biggest
advantages,no one is going to take him seriously, especially
in his rookie season,small,puny,bad skater,what a joke,
thats what "they" gonna say.

His mind boggling high hockey IQ,awesome shot selection,
super easily finds great chemistry with whom ever he plays with.

-> McDavid,Strome,Maksimovich,Raddysh,Cirelli,Foegele,
before and after DeBrincat...looking at their
stats before playing with Alex and after...
crazy increase in stats,coincidence? i-don't-think-so.

I predict; eventually,in 2-3 years,he will be a 50 goal
100 point player.

Hey, I'd clearly be ecstatic if he somehow turned into this, but I live on Planet Earth and know this isn't the 1980's NHL. But you do you, friend.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
My biggest concern is that the coaching staff will be idiots and make him 'earn' his way into the top 6 to play with talent, rather than immediately putting him into a position to make the most of his assets.

He's not a grinder. He will never be a grinder. And he should not have to play with grinders to prove himself 'worthy'. Put skill players in a position to use their skill. Immediately.

Take a lesson from the Penguins. Sheary and Guentzel were put in the top 6 almost immediately. Because that's the role their skill-sets are suited for.

Indeed. Coach Q has never shown patience with rookies and tends to give up on them early and ride them on the bench for extended periods if they make a mistake. Philip Danault, Hayes, etc.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I am pretty sure that if Debrincat turned into a 100 point player BWC would get a Stanley Bowman face tatoo'd on his back like Steve-o from jackass did.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
A guy who regularly scores 50+ points is a damn good hockey player.

Yep. DeBrincat was predicted by the experts to take a free fall when he lost his line mate Connor McDavid but he has kept producing. It's also not a bad thing as a prospect to come into the league with a chip on your shoulder.

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-b...-prospect-alex-debrincat-will-succeed-nhl-hes

"He’s having another amazing season," McDavid said. "No surprise there."

It was easy to suggest DeBrincat's numbers were inflated because he benefited from having a player like McDavid centering his line. But McDavid insists that wasn't the case.

"Honestly, we helped each other," McDavid said. "It was not a one-way street by any means. He finds a way to score goals. My year they were saying, 'Oh, he was just playing with me.' Then the other year, he’s playing with (Strome). He’s playing with Stromer again. To score 50 three seasons in a row is absolutely incredible no matter who you’re playing with or what you’re doing. Absolute credit to him."

"I think well," McDavid said when asked how DeBrincat's game will translate into the NHL. "He’s just got such a drive and such a nose for the net that I don’t think he’s going to be stopped. He takes on guys much bigger.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Good stuff from McDavid. He gives good answers to things. Actual thoughts, not just cliche-phrased, short answers.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Good stuff from McDavid. He gives good answers to things. Actual thoughts, not just cliche-phrased, short answers.

If he gets 40 points next year with 20 goals I will be ecetatic about that, with the great players Stan is flushing down the toilet via garbage trades we need a minimum 3x20 goal scorer added to this team if it's going to go anywhere along with an elite D-man

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
If he gets 40 points next year with 20 goals I will be ecetatic about that, with the great players Stan is flushing down the toilet via garbage trades we need a minimum 3x20 goal scorer added to this team if it's going to go anywhere along with an elite D-man

We need 3 more 20 goal scorers?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
We can get a great defensemen with Panarin as a starting poknt at least.

Faulk
Slavin
Hanafin
Manson
Trouba

There sre a bunch of packages around Panarin that could get you those guys. The question is how mych are you willing to add on top.

Despite what some people think, I dont believe a scoring winger with only 2 cost-controlled years gets it done.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Though some would like to think otherwise, the problems lay with with more than just the players. I guess Hawks' ownership needs to be hit in the head with a 2X4 before they see the ****ing light.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015

that's the after effects of the hard salary cap. 21 million on 2 roster slots tend to do that.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Back on topic: Hopefully McDavid's words are sincere and not token.

Doesn't really matter ultimately because he has proven to be able to produce regardless of who he's played with at that level. His production is as much his own doing as anyone he's played with and he's had a hand in their production just the same.

I do think it's more than a token statement. Token statements aren't that lengthy, I don't think.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Call me crazy but I think a young D is something we can get via Panarin (who is dramatically underrated on here).

He's not underrated, he's a top ten O talent in the league. When it comes to the playoffs though he lays an egg.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
He's not underrated, he's a top ten O talent in the league. When it comes to the playoffs though he lays an egg.

Statistically, this claim is untrue. At least do some research. He was active against the Blues and the whole team sucked against the Preds so nice work trying to make an assumption off of that.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Statistically, this claim is untrue. At least do some research. He was active against the Blues and the whole team sucked against the Preds so nice work trying to make an assumption off of that.

I don't need to do "research" I watched the games, and "statistically" is not always a great measure. Crawford sucks b**** yet his statistics are decent, he lays eggs when it comes to timeliness.

unbridledid

Jun 8, 2011
We can get a great defensemen with Panarin as a starting poknt at least.

Faulk
Slavin
Hanafin
Manson
Trouba

There sre a bunch of packages around Panarin that could get you those guys. The question is how mych are you willing to add on top.

Despite what some people think, I dont believe a scoring winger with only 2 cost-controlled years gets it done.

I know the what if game is easy, but is there a reason Manson fell to the 6th round in 2011 ? I mean the Hawks did well enough with Danault, Saad, and Shaw.

Hawks don't draft based upon family name, but taking a flyer on Dave's kid in the 5th round ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad