GDT: Albany Devils Games (PART II)

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Tedenby has two points tonight.

There's a local CT station that replays Whale games, and I watched the 1-0 game from this past Sunday. I gotta say, Tedenby was looking REALLY good. Forced a lot of turnovers on the forecheck and seemed to be doing a lot of shot/chance generation on the last two PPs of the game. He looked better positionally in his own zone and was absolutely flying on offense.

Now take this with a grain of salt because I really want this kid to succeed. I just hope he really gets a shot to shine and play his game before he's completely written off.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
chris kreider is overrated

I got the same impression when I went to watch CT play Bridgeport a few weeks ago. Admittedly he's a FANTASTIC skater, really fluid and efficient with a great top speed, and his shot is very nice (he actually had two goals that night) but he looks lost in the offensive zone without the puck on his stick. Hockey sense seems limited and playmaking seems especially limited. He had trouble making pretty routine passes all game long.

I see him more of a complimentary 2nd line player who would probably be excellent on (and more suited to) a 3rd line.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Pesonen scores on what sounds like a good-looking play.

Albany Devils ‏@AlbanyDevils
HARRI PESONEN splits the @CTWhale defenseman and then the goaltender to give the Devils a 4-3 advantage with 2:19 remaining! #adevils

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

HARRI PESONEN splits the @CTWhale defenseman and then the goaltender to give the Devils a 4-3 advantage with 2:19 remaining! #adevils

That does sound like an impressive goal. I'm sure it will be on the highlight reel.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

Devils top six-> Whitney-Zalewski-Butler, Pesonen-Josefson-Anderson has been playing very well.

That's awesome though, 5 wins in a row. Exactly what they needed, and they've still played significantly less games than the other teams.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kinkaid gave up 3 goals on 18 shots. The stats would suggest he performed a below averaged performance!:sarcasm::sarcasm:

Jack Griffin

Jan 28, 2012
Florida
Albany can be a dangerous team when guys like Butler, Josefson, Tedenby, and Pesonen are producing. Hopefully they can keep it up.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Found the stat sheet thanks to Albany's facebook gamefeed.

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1010226

Gelinas had five shots, Butler had seven. :amazed:

Looks like Sislo took a real dumb cross-checking penalty a few seconds after Yayo's tripping penalty, and CT went up 3-2 on the ensuing 5 on 3. Tedenby and Josefson each had a secondary and a primary assist (those two seem to be doing a lot of work on the powerplay lately) and Larsson and Sislo were the only minus players thanks to another shorty against.

EDIT: At least one person says that the crosschecking call on Sislo was weak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad