GDT: Albany Devils Games (PART II)

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
The AHL website is surprisingly excellent for stats. You can see who was on the ice for every goal scored. Urbom and Larsson were on or for two against last night, surprisingly enough.

Tedenby's -3, blech. He played with Wiseman and Sestito on what is presumably a shutdown line, and he has a minus on ice with Zalewski and Whitney. I imagine he got unlucky on a change with that one, since I doubt Kowalsky would be changing lines on a night that Zalewski's line was playing so well.

On one hand, we can say its good that Kowalsky is entrusting Tedenby with defensive minutes, but on the other hand, they don't seem very effective.

lambchop

Dec 8, 2012
ny
Is Butler more of a grinder who can put up points, or a finesse type player? Looking at his stats, he seems like he can score at the NHL level, if he has grit to his game maybe he can pair with Gionta on the 4th line...

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Is Butler more of a grinder who can put up points, or a finesse type player? Looking at his stats, he seems like he can score at the NHL level, if he has grit to his game maybe he can pair with Gionta on the 4th line...

Butler is finesse. More like a sniper then playmaker. Not much of a power forward

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just looked at the schedule. We actually don't play that clown tomorrow in Bridgeport. It's Connecticut. Bridgeport is next Wednesday I think.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

Butler is a sniper through and through.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut

Butler's the kinda guy you want in your top 6, but I guess he could conceivably be on a 3rd line. I don't know much about his defense, but I'd imagine it'd be a waste of his offense unless he's with other offensive two-way guys.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I remember going to the sens/devils game in Ottawa 2011 and Butler had the best release on the Senators easily. The puck exploded of his stick on snap shots.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Random question, but curious: are A-Devils games televised locally in greater Albany?

I don't think so. Though they're on the radio, and they're also online free to listen to on the AHL's website.

http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/

It has radio all the way to the right. Click on that, and you'll see the games, and click the blue play button by the Albany game.

EDIT - I'm having a lot of problems with the radio broadcast. It keeps playing for a few seconds, and then going out.

1-0 Connecticut already. Kinkaid in net again for the 5th straight. Man Connecticut always gives them problems. Had to hang on for a 1-0 win against them last week.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Still having problems with the broadcast. I don't like this guy Talbot that Connecticut has in. They may as well be playing Lundqvist up there cause this guy gives Albany too many problems.

Must just be Albany's feed cause I turned on the Houston/Charlotte game, and I haven't had a problem yet! LOL Palmieri is in this game!:laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Now it's working after I get on the phone with my buddy from out of state!:laugh:

Nevermind still crapping out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad