GDT: Albany Devils Games (PART II)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Zippy to speak on a comment you made in the last thread. To package Tedenby, and get anything of value we'd have to package him with a bunch of other crap like Veilleux(Spelling?) Foster, Palmieri, and some draft picks like the Zidlicky trade. Tedenby can be Palmieri, though he might even be worth less at this point. One of our D men like Tallinder can be Foster(He's likely worth more) and we don't have any Veilleux or whatever.:laugh:

We could include him in a deal to Phoenix for Tikhonov. Doubt they trade him straight up. I really don't like the guy myself. He gets so many chances, but botches them as Jason mentioned. I don't hate him like I used to, but he needs to show improvement, and FAST. The good news though is we won't have to give him a raise, or a one way contract next year. With a shortened season if one, it's not enough sample size to see if he can hack it permanently or not.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sorry Zippy I saw you post about Corrente, Tedenby, and Tallinder in a trade. Might have to throw a draft pick in for anything of worth. Almost definite bust in Corrente, question mark in Tedenby, and a D man who was hurt half of last season. I'd be interested in what it gets us though. We don't need Corrente either, and he'll be useless when Merrill, and others are ready to turn pro.

Anyway about the game. Not a pretty win, but whatever take it. Seems like Connecticut controlled a lot of the play, and hit a couple posts, but it all evens out. The time they beat us like 5-2 we hit a bunch of posts, and last time we outplayed them, and outshot them 45-16, and could only score one goal, and lost in a shootout. It evened out.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I'm still chuckling that you included Tallinder in your previous deal. :laugh:

Poor Tally...

Zippy to speak on a comment you made in the last thread. To package Tedenby, and get anything of value we'd have to package him with a bunch of other crap like Veilleux(Spelling?) Foster, Palmieri, and some draft picks like the Zidlicky trade. Tedenby can be Palmieri, though he might even be worth less at this point. One of our D men like Tallinder can be Foster(He's likely worth more) and we don't have any Veilleux or whatever.:laugh:

We could include him in a deal to Phoenix for Tikhonov. Doubt they trade him straight up. I really don't like the guy myself. He gets so many chances, but botches them as Jason mentioned. I don't hate him like I used to, but he needs to show improvement, and FAST. The good news though is we won't have to give him a raise, or a one way contract next year. With a shortened season if one, it's not enough sample size to see if he can hack it permanently or not.

I guess I should've included :sarcasm: at the end of that proposal.

I'm just done with Tedenby at this point, just want to get anything we can possibly get for him. I only said Tallinder because he is, for multiple reasons, the most likely defender to be moved.

I'd definitely do a Tedenby for Tikhonov deal. If Tikhonov has no reason to come back to PHX, no reason PHX wouldn't accept. I'd only do it though if Tikhonov plans on playing in the NHL. If all else fails, Tikhonov is a fourth liner, more likely a Brylin-esque third liner, and at the very best, someone who thrives with Kovalchuk, which allows us to spread out our offense. I'm not sure Tedenby is going to be anything more than a sheltered offensive player in the NHL, if he even makes a roster.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
By the way, I wanted to emphasize this.

Albany has played the least amount of games in the Western Conference along with the Bighamton Senators. In terms of points percentage, they are 13th in the Eastern Conference.

To go further, they also have 5 shootout losses. Had they won maybe one or two of those, they'd be right outside if not in the playoff picture right now. Albany is not playing as bad as we are making them out to be.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
By the way, I wanted to emphasize this.

Albany has played the least amount of games in the Western Conference along with the Bighamton Senators. In terms of points percentage, they are 13th in the Eastern Conference.

To go further, they also have 5 shootout losses. Had they won maybe one or two of those, they'd be right outside if not in the playoff picture right now. Albany is not playing as bad as we are making them out to be.
Yeah I said this a couple weeks ago. The difference between this team being down, and being up in the top 8 was the shootout losses. If they could have won 2 or 3 of those 5 shootouts, then they could be over or at 500.

It's not like the goalies in the shootouts for Albany have sucked either. They usually give up only one, and maybe two goals out of 5. The shooters usually score one or none.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I guess I should've included :sarcasm: at the end of that proposal.

I'm just done with Tedenby at this point, just want to get anything we can possibly get for him. I only said Tallinder because he is, for multiple reasons, the most likely defender to be moved.

I'd definitely do a Tedenby for Tikhonov deal. If Tikhonov has no reason to come back to PHX, no reason PHX wouldn't accept. I'd only do it though if Tikhonov plans on playing in the NHL. If all else fails, Tikhonov is a fourth liner, more likely a Brylin-esque third liner, and at the very best, someone who thrives with Kovalchuk, which allows us to spread out our offense. I'm not sure Tedenby is going to be anything more than a sheltered offensive player in the NHL, if he even makes a roster.

Not sure if some of you guys are too young to remember him. Tedenby reminds me of Andreas Salomonsson. Salomonsson was a Swede only bigger, and older. I called him the old rookie cause he was about 28 when he was drafted, and brought right in. He got a lot of opportunities, but would pass at wide open nets, had a lot of breakaways where he didn't get a shot on net, was really bad defensively, and wasn't good enough offensively. He only lasted half a season before getting demoted for Brian Gionta. He was waived the next season, and the Caps picked him up. He didn't last a year there even I don't think.

Tedenby has a bigger window than him I think, and Tedenby actually looked good in 2010/2011 in the NHL. To be fair he's still improved from last year, but that's at the AHL level. I'm all for giving him one more chance though. He NEEDS to score at a 15 goal pace or so to be of use I think.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Not sure if some of you guys are too young to remember him. Tedenby reminds me of Andreas Salomonsson. Salomonsson was a Swede only bigger, and older. I called him the old rookie cause he was about 28 when he was drafted, and brought right in. He got a lot of opportunities, but would pass at wide open nets, had a lot of breakaways where he didn't get a shot on net, was really bad defensively, and wasn't good enough offensively. He only lasted half a season before getting demoted for Brian Gionta. He was waived the next season, and the Caps picked him up. He didn't last a year there even I don't think.

Tedenby has a bigger window than him I think, and Tedenby actually looked good in 2010/2011 in the NHL. To be fair he's still improved from last year, but that's at the AHL level. I'm all for giving him one more chance though. He NEEDS to score at a 15 goal pace or so to be of use I think.

He looked good because he was given the freedom to do whatever he wanted. Tedenby scoring at a 15 goal pace isn't acceptable for his type of player unless he's on the third line, and there's plenty of safer options I'd rather have there than him. For Tedenby, it's top six or bust, same with Bobby Butler.

I'd much rather throw Parse in there or have Bernier play third line duties then put Tedenby or Butler there. Butler may be a different story, but definitely not Tedenby.

I just don't think he ever cracks an NHL top six spot, and if he can't do that, then I'm sorry but he doesn't have much of a future. He's not smart enough and he's too much of a liability for him to play on the third line. I'd love to see him prove me wrong but I just don't see it.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If he tops out at as a third liner, then that's no big deal. Especially a 15 goal third liner. I really don't like the guy either, but I'm trying to be more open minded than I was with him. I think Lou will hold onto him until he sees what Zajac, and Clarkson do. We don't have many great forward prospects. Him, and Butler are probably the best as far as top 6 or even top 9 goes. We got Henrique out of the 08 draft, and Josefson out of the 09 so if he's a bust then he's a bust. Won't complain too much.

I actually do like Whitney also. I don't think any of the other guys are NHL material or at least permanent NHL material. Have no use for Sislo, or Hoeffel, as far as the NHL goes. Call ups at the very most.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
If Tedenby proves useful in the NHL, doesn't matter to me what line he winds up in.

His production isn't what bothers me, it's the fact that he will always need to be sheltered. He will always need the right combination of linemates. With the forward depth this team has, that's just not acceptable. (Especially because he can't produce like Sykora)

I don't see him ever playing smart enough nor strong enough to not be a liability.
Nevertheless, I'm still willing to see what he has left to prove. You never know... I'm more than willing to eat my words.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Tedenby on a 3 on 1 with his stick to the inside, choses to pass to Wiseman who's stick is to the outside, this is why I don't want him on the Devils...shoot that puck.

That's a good example of his lack of confidence. He looks to pass when he should trust in himself and take the shot. He no longer has the belief that he can rip it past the goalie himself, and it's a problem when a hockey player loses that.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
If Tedenby proves useful in the NHL, doesn't matter to me what line he winds up in.

His production isn't what bothers me, it's the fact that he will always need to be sheltered. He will always need the right combination of linemates. With the forward depth this team has, that's just not acceptable. (Especially because he can't produce like Sykora)

I don't see him ever playing smart enough nor strong enough to not be a liability.
Nevertheless, I'm still willing to see what he has left to prove. You never know... I'm more than willing to eat my words.

Exactly my point, I'd much rather have a guy like Ponikarovski playing my third line minutes then a guy like Tedenby. It's nothing against Tedenby but if he can't produce like a top-six player, there's better options for third line wingers. Right now they're might not be, but I don't think any NHL team will get far in the post-season with a sheltered, defensively unreliable winger on their third line. You can get away with it in the top-six, but definitely not bottom-six. Those guys need to be your reliable, defensive players when they aren't scoring.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Game is on http://atdhenet.tv/ No Gio he's out with an upper body injury. Hopefully it's just day to day.

Nevermind it's one of those download ones. Guess radio broadcast on the AHL website will have to do.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Butler scores again! Second of the game! The radio feed just came back out of nowhere on the AHL website I guess when the 2nd period started.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Now the Penguins come back and make it 3-2. Three goals in the five minutes since I turned the audio on.

Yeah me too. Hope the Devils close it out in this game, and keep the streak going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->