Recalled/Assigned: Alain Vigneault says Emerson Etem has been assigned to AHL for conditioning #NYR

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraAlphanse

Maybe you should.

There's literally nothing he's done to warrant a roster spot. Frankly, he's borderline being waived.

I hope he's not waived. He's still young enough to get us back some value. That'd be rash.

Not that he hasn't deserved it with his play.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Maybe you should.

There's literally nothing he's done to warrant a roster spot. Frankly, he's borderline being waived.

Lol a little excessive. I would hope we wouldnt waive him or except anything less than a 3rd round pick.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I didn't see him working his butt off consistently in games. I don't believe anyone else did either.

To me, that seems more because of the way he plays. He won't check people, might shy away from contact, and people will say he's not working. You see the same thing about Tanner Glass. He hits people and everyone talks about how he may suck but he puts in a ton of effort yet I see him coasting on countless amounts of backchecks.

Again, I think it's a stretch to say he wasn't putting in the work when 1. we don't know what goes on behind the scenes (the one piece of evidence we have shows he does put in the work) 2. different players have different styles of play like I alluded to above. You'd have to have really concrete evidence to convince me he's not working out there.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
Offseason looking disastrous for Gorts right about now.

1/2 of the return for Hags has failed. Gropp has looked promising at times but certainly has not progressed as hoped, either.

As a result of trading Hags, Hayes has regressed.

No extension to Yandle, so it looks like Rangers will lose him for less than they paid.

Depth moves have underwhelmed. Like Diaz and Stalberg.

He tried to keep the team status quo. Added more question marks to the equation.

This is what I mean about a team without a vision. Team lost key members, Gorts didn't want to disrupt the status quo, but didn't replenish the talent lost. In fact he lost more even more talent voluntarily by trading Hagelin.

This type of mentality is hazardous to a team. You're stuck in the middle. He should have picked a route and committed to it. Either kept Hags and gone for it again, or begin a retool.

Again, it wasn't the easy thing to do, but oftentimes we are all presented w what's hard vs what's easy. What's easy rarely pays dividends. And we see that now here.

Give me a f'en break.. We are the most successful team the past 4-5 years other then la and Chicago for obvious reasons.. What more did we need??????

4 out of 6 dman had pretty significant injuries, and still maned up and played through them.. We basically lost MSL and hoped Hayes Miller and Kreider would evolve and take that next step from last year.. Give me a break.. Pure BS.. Being in 3 out of 4 ecf why would you change anything??

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Hoping he turns it around. Because it is not working. Regardless of where he had been in the lineup, that is still an opportunity. And he hasnt had an impact, at least a positive one. The tipping point was costing his team 2 points the other night.

Yep. And if you don't think you're being put in a position to impact the scoresheet, you still work your tail off during games. That's how you get promoted.

This is now two organizations who have seemed to have this issue with him, btw. He doesn't earn more ice time.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
giphy.gif

LMFAO my exact face when I read the title update on my phone just now. ****ing priceless. :laugh:

Conditioning stint, I wonder what kind of tomfoolery and skulduggery had to occur to get that to happen?

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
To me, that seems more because of the way he plays. He won't check people, might shy away from contact, and people will say he's not working. You see the same thing about Tanner Glass. He hits people and everyone talks about how he may suck but he puts in a ton of effort yet I see him coasting on countless amounts of backchecks.

Again, I think it's a stretch to say he wasn't putting in the work when 1. we don't know what goes on behind the scenes (the one piece of evidence we have shows he does put in the work) 2. different players have different styles of play like I alluded to above. You'd have to have really concrete evidence to convince me he's not working out there.

But if youre not gona stand out with the physical play because thats not your game then you better find a way to score. Will your way. Just not happening.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Hartford has 3 games this weekend, then 4 more between Jan 15th to 20th, so he should easily get 6-7 games in. The best thing for him right now is to play and play a lot, play first line minutes, pp and maybe even pk.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I hope he's not waived. He's still young enough to get us back some value. That'd be rash.

Not that he hasn't deserved it with his play.

That's my view, too. If he was an older player, he'd of been waived already. If we can move him for a pick, we should be doing it.

Lol a little excessive. I would hope we wouldnt waive him or except anything less than a 3rd round pick.

3rd or 4th, I'd say.

Only reason he would be picked up is the fact that he's young.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Oooooooh boy! He requested videos! Wow! What effort! What dedication! I've never, ever seen such dedication from a player before. In the history of the league.

;)

I have no idea if he is putting in the work or not. I think he just sucks.

But if youre not gona stand out with the physical play because thats not your game then you better find a way to score. Will your way. Just not happening.

If you guys think he sucks then that's fine. There's a lot of evidence in either direction to support that he's bad or he's just raw and needs to develop with time. I just think throwing the putting in the work or effort thing out there is a little ridiculous when there's really nothing to support it. If we're going that route, you can say half the team hasn't been trying for a good month now.

BarbaraAlphanse

Give me a f'en break.. We are the most successful team the past 4 years other then la and Chicago for obvious reasons.. What more did we need??????

4 out of 6 dman had pretty significant injuries, and still maned up and played through them.. We basically lost MSL and hoped Hayes Miller and Kreider would evolve and take that next step from last year.. Give me a break.. Pure BS

Give you a break about what. What does Doc always say? History is not prophecy. Rangers were tethering the line. They needed to choose a direction. Retool, go for it again.

They neither retooled. Nor are they going for it again full force. They traded a young successful player for risks. They lost keys vets.

None of that is BS.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Yep. And if you don't think you're being put in a position to impact the scoresheet, you still work your tail off during games. That's how you get promoted.

This is now two organizations who have seemed to have this issue with him, btw. He doesn't earn more ice time.

Yep. People here seem to be ignoring that little big detail. Two organizations. Yet this is all on AV somehow. Are you naive enough to think AV doesnt talk with the rest of the coaching staff and Gorton? Does AV and the coaching staff have a vendetta against Etem? What about Boudreau, Carlyle, and the rest of Anaheim personnel.

Or is it the player...

Vickers8

Just throwing something out there, just speculation on my part, but maybe a deal could have been in place and something may have happened on the other side? Jeff Petry was unexpectedly not at practice today, having suffered a lower body injury, maybe the Habs were going to trade Mark Tinordi to us, but decided to keep him in case its long term, and may need him. Mark Barberio was called up, and has also surpassed him on the depth chart.
Maybe not Tinordi, but its possible some scenario mentioned above may have been brewing but aborted at the last minute. It's very strange that a conditioning assignment was handled this way. On top of this, Bobby Mac had us working on a trade...
I thought Tinordi too

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
If you guys think he sucks then that's fine. There's a lot of evidence in either direction to support that he's bad or he's just raw and needs to develop with time. I just think throwing the putting in the work or effort thing out there is a little ridiculous when there's really nothing to support it. If we're going that route, you can say half the team hasn't been trying for a good month now.

We aren't talking about other players. We are talking about this particular essentially rookie player.

There's plenty to support that he isn't putting in the effort in games. It's the games.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
It will be interesting to see what Etem can do in Hartford and hopefully he can bang in a goal or two--maybe that will kickstart some confidence for him. He's not a rounded player so whatever situation he's in he needs to produce at least some offense to make up for that.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
LMFAO my exact face when I read the title update on my phone just now. ****ing priceless. :laugh:

Conditioning stint, I wonder what kind of tomfoolery and skulduggery had to occur to get that to happen?

I like skulduggery.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

There's a difference between me saying he sucks (which i truly dont believe) and him not doing enough. He got in 19 games. Not one game did he score a goal for all the talent he is supposed to have. Find a way. He isnt doing that. He isnt established and he has to work that much harder than someone else who is. Thats the way it goes. So not only can you not compare him to the rest of the team, but those guys at least have some stats to show.

Megna gets one game and gets on the stat sheet. And dont gimme the crap about who he played with. The guy was flying all over the place. He wanted to stand out. He had a big hand in the first goal by being all over the offensive zone with his speed. And on the goal Nash gave a Glass-like pass to him anyways.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
There's a difference between me saying he sucks (which i truly dont believe) and him not doing enough. He got in 19 games. Not one game did he score a goal for all the talent he is supposed to have. Find a way. He isnt doing that. He isnt established and he has to work that much harder than someone else who is. Thats the way it goes. So not only can you not compare him to the rest of the team, but those guys at least have some stats to show.

Megna gets one game and gets on the stat sheet. And dont gimme the crap about who he played with. The guy was flying all over the place. He wanted to stand out. He had a big hand in the first goal by being all over the offensive zone with his speed. And on the goal Nash gave a Glass-like pass to him anyways.

It's such a stark contrast. Even if Megna didn't show up in the scoresheet, I would have been happier with his game than with any game Etem's played this year.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

Are you seriously implying that differentiating between playing with Moore, Glass, and Stoll, and playing with Stepan and Nash is a meaningless factor?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Are you seriously implying that differentiating between playing with Moore, Glass, and Stoll, and playing with Stepan and Nash is a meaningless factor?

It is absolutely meaningless

Also, Etem did get to play higher in the lineup a few times. He still managed not to make any kind of impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad