Confirmed with Link: Alain Vigneault fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
It was a foregone conclusion, sanctioned by Dolan and ready to be executed by Gorton when the season ended.

He at least waited till they got back to New York and then informed him.

No reason to wait till after breakup day, etc. It was going to happen and I am glad they did it immediately.

Absolutely pumped not only to watch playoff hockey, but for the draft lottery results, the draft itself and the moves we make and eventually training camp.

This is going to be a new start for this team, and I really couldn't be more excited.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!
Team Tank and Playoff Pals merging back together now that the season is officially over. We can all be happy tonight :cheers:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Here's the big thing that really gets me in the end

Every single year since he was hired, the Rangers would start the season and look like they had NO clue at all how to play whatever system AV wanted them to play. Complete lack of cohesion, no responsibility from any player, constant breakdowns all over the ice. I can certainly understand the first season (though I remember thinking and probably saying on here that whatever system AV was trying to run wasn't one that the Rangers could actually run), but to have it happen every single year...you'd think that the players would either be coached well enough or prepared well enough that they wouldn't have to spend 15-20 games remembering how to play hockey. That's not normal, and that's not good in this days NHL. You can't throw away a quarter of the season getting back up to speed because your coach can't prepare you well enough for the start of the season or is running some system that requires players to play a full quarter of the season before they start meshing with each other and figuring it out.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Good riddance you f***ing bum
No more starting the season unprepared
No more starting each period unprepared
No more sitting young talent for over the hill vets
No more implementing a system that half the team isnt equipped to play
WHAT A DAY

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Hold on, I've waited so long for this.

Oh yeah

sweetjesusface.jpg

That's good

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Should have been done after the Ottawa playoff series last year (AV literally lost that series by himself), but better late than never, I suppose.

AV had an EXCELLENT first year with the Rangers. Was some of the best coaching I had ever seen, I had practically zero complaints about him then. 2nd year was still great, but not quite as good. Went way downhill after that.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
https://nypost.com/2018/04/07/rangers-fire-coach-alain-vigneault/

The diatribe began by simply stating his philosophy, noting “you have to coach the team you have in front of you.”

He also didn’t hesitate to mention that the Canucks have gone through three coaching staffs since he left, and have not made it out of the first round of the playoffs, missing this year for the third year in a row.

“I’ve gone through every facet, whether it be a young team whether it be an older team. Once we know the team, every year is the same thing,” Vigneault said. “We try to put in a system that maximizes their talent and their potential, and we try to mask and work on the areas we need improvement. That’s not going to change.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille