Confirmed with Link: Alain Vigneault fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Kyper said during the 2nd period intermission of Vancouver-Edmonton the Rangers will hire a coach who can grow with the team. He also said AV needs to go to a team which can win immediately and that's not the Rangers.

Tell that to Lundqvist.

All Henrik has ever wanted is a chance. With a legitimate defensive system, Henrik will be happy to break his back and carry the team into the playoffs like just every other year.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Appreciated some of the best regular season/ playoff moments as a Ranger fan of 30 plus years but It was time for a new voice and new direction lets just hope they make the right choice. Otherwise could easily become the coaching carousel with quickly creates instability and disaster for a franchise. see ny knicks, see ny jets. even ny rangers 98-2004.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Man. I expected him to be fired in the off season. I didn’t expect him to be fired hours after the last game. Almost weird that they let him finish the season only to can him virtually immediately. Worked out fine but I was surprised when the notification popped up on my phone.

Reactions: Inferno

trilobyte

NYR Fan In the Foothills
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I see the promptness of this action as a punctuation mark by Gorton, a sort of statement of importance and intent.
Could be just my interpretation, but people do things for a reason.
There must have been some contentious exchanges over the last month.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
People get desperate when they’re so obviously on the chopping block.

I think AV wanted to defend himself. If he was fired, then he got to speak his piece. The amount of rumors, snipes, and hit pieces he's endured this year would bruise anyone's ego. He had this prepared and he went back to the start of his coaching career to defend himself against everything. Some of his angst from being fired in Vancouver came out tonight as well. He's coached poorly for many years now and his inability to adapt at the highest level of competition, any competition really, is what did him in. As poorly as he represented himself toward his end, I have to admit that outside of the game of hockey, no one can stomach the barrage of negativity in good mental health. I'm glad we've fired him and in retrospect with however much empathy lies beneath the frustration of the last 1-2 years of hockey, I'm glad he got to defend himself to the media and the fans that have buried him all year.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Kyper said during the 2nd period intermission of Vancouver-Edmonton the Rangers will hire a coach who can grow with the team. He also said AV needs to go to a team which can win immediately and that's not the Rangers.

Tell that to Lundqvist.
Your obsession with wanting to run Lundqvist out of town is getting out of control. Did someone run a virus in your code?

Lundqvist just wants a chance. He design want to be a bottom feeder. Frankly neither does anyone else except for a few people in the board.

Colorado made the playoffs this year after a historically low finish last year. Devils were 27th last year. Rebuilds happen quickly nowadays with players contributin in the NHL earlier than ever before. Gorton and Lundqvist are probably on the same page with wanting to be competitive next year.

The select few on this board who want to stink for multiple seasons will never cease to amaze me specially in an era where rebuilds are happening faster than ever and players are making the nhl sooner than ever before. Wanting to suck? No. I want Gorton to parlay a few assets into a young talent and also nail his picks and make some savvy moves. This team could be fighting for a p,Goff spot back on the upswing as soon as next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->