Value of: A RHD to Oilers

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Now that I think about it, I honestly don’t know what the point of proposal threads are when every fan overrates the hell out of the players they’re fans of.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I’d do Tanev for the Oilers 1st, this seems to help teams fill needs.

No thanks. Not interested in a guy who has averaged 20 games lost per year over his career and provides zero punch from the back end.

Reactions: zar

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I’d do Tanev for the Oilers 1st, this seems to help both teams fill needs.

Not really. We have a Tanev already. We need someone who can move the puck, get it to our forwards, and run a powerplay not chop it into little cubes. I’d think about it if we could acquire a guy like Krug though.

Nurse-Larsson
Krug-Tanev

Is a solid top 4. There’s no reason for the B’s to move Krug tho.

The Leafs need a Tanev in the worst way, though.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
There is diff between a 1st round pick and a top 10 pick..

Oilers would trade 2019 1st+ for Myers but not 2018 1st
There is definitely a difference.

A 2019 first holds substantially less value then this years. Say the Oilers pick is at 10, that's got to be in play. As I said the offer can be detailed as needed. Petan could be an add, would be a player Edmonton should consider as a piece.

Edmonton by all accounts want to and expect to be in the playoffs next year. Pick 10 isn't helping for very likely at least 2 years. A player like Myers will have a lot of interest if the Jets explore moving him.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Half of that list wouldn't even help the Oilers.. Kevan Miller? Mark Pysyk? What in the world?

We need a very specific thing. A puckmoving defenseman who is effective on the PP, ideally right handed. We have enough Pysyk's.
Myers is a fit and a possibility I believe.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Wouldn’t the move be just to use this years first on one of the righty d men? Boquist, Wilde or Dobson

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
It’s funny cause Spurgeon would be first pair on the Oilers and Nuge would be 3rd line center on the Wild. You do you though.

Spurgeon would be second pair on the oilers and who know where nuge would play on the wild he’s about the same as Staal and Koivu.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Wouldn’t the move be just to use this years first on one of the righty d men? Boquist, Wilde or Dobson
This years first isn't going to contribute for likely at least two years. Oilers are going to plan and make moves for being a playoff team this year.

They also don't have a lot of assets besides a half dozen or so they won't want to move. We"ll see if they make such a trade but it's easy to see why it's more than a possibility.

Reactions: pmwlker

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I like the idea of Myers as a fit for the Oilers. But 1 year left on his deal makes me pretty unwilling to give up a top 10 pick for him.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Spurgeon would be second pair on the oilers and who know where nuge would play on the wild he’s about the same as Staal and Koivu.

About the same as Staal who just put up 42 goals and 76 points?

He's about the same as Koivu offensively, not even remotely close in the defensive end.

RNH would firmly be the Wild's 3rd best center. Just like he is here in Edmonton.

Reactions: IceBoxHockey

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
This years first isn't going to contribute for likely at least two years. Oilers are going to plan and make moves for being a playoff team this year.

They also don't have a lot of assets besides a half dozen or so they won't want to move. We"ll see if they make such a trade but it's easy to see why it's more than a possibility.

Makes sense. Thanks.

Reactions: kittiecarlyle

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
About the same as Staal who just put up 42 goals and 76 points?

He's about the same as Koivu offensively, not even remotely close in the defensive end.

RNH would firmly be the Wild's 3rd best center. Just like he is here in Edmonton.

Koivu’s 35 and regressing I think they’d put him in a 3rd line centre shutdown role and have a 1-2 punch of Staal and RNH

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Spurgeon is a better player than Larsson. He would be your best defenseman.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
I like the idea of Myers as a fit for the Oilers. But 1 year left on his deal makes me pretty unwilling to give up a top 10 pick for him.
Easy enough to assure a longer term signing IF Edmonton is wanting him and willing to pay a fair contract.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton

Trying to speed up the process.
We wont get Boqvist and Dobson is likely 3 years away from making a difference at the NHL level.

Reactions: pmwlker

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Ristolainen for Edmonton’s first if Buffalo wins the lottery. Buffalo adds Dahlin and another defender or a winger with the Oilers pick.

Reactions: Cypress

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
How is a guy that’s constantly sheltered by Suter and the 4th best D on your team better?

Ah, you should have just mentioned right off the bat you don't pay attention to the Wild and have no idea what you're talking about. It would have been easier.

Carry on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad