Value of: A RHD to Oilers

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
What should Oilers give up for your team’s wanted RHD? Here is what I would prefer from each team:

ANA: Montour
ARI: Demers
CGY: Hamilton or Anderrson
LA: Ladue
SJ: DeMelo
VAN: Tanev
VGK: Miller

CHI: Murphy
COL: Barrie
DAL: Honka
MIN: Spurgeon
NSH: Ellis
STL: Parayko
WIN: Trouba

BOS: Miller
BUF: Risto
DET: Hronek
FLA: Pysyk
MTL: Petry
OTT: Karlsson
TBL: Foote
TOR: Liljegren

CAR: Pesce or Faulk
CBJ: Stucker
NJ: Severson
NYI: Pulock
NYR: Pionk
PHI: Gudas
PIT: idk Letang?
WSH: Bowey

Now I know a lot of these deals won’t fly given team circumstance/needs, but I just want to see what other fans would think is fair value for those mentioned above.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheNumber4

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Minnesota would ask for Draisaitl. They have all the other pieces Edmonton could possibly offer already on the team (McDavid aside).

So basically no deal to be made.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
With Tanev’a injury history Id rather the Canucks hold on to him then trade him for pennies on the dollar.

Hes actually a very good defender but his durability tarnishes his value.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Flames aren't giving their division rivals a stud #1 RD, both Valimaki and Andersson should be off the table unless Calgary is getting a rhs top 6 forward, I'll do talks of Hamilton, but you're not going to like my ask so I won't bother.

Hesus

Jan 9, 2014
Leafs biggest need is also RHD so they are not in position to trade their best RHD prospect, Zaitsev could be available

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Minnesota would ask for Draisaitl. They have all the other pieces Edmonton could possibly offer already on the team (McDavid aside).

So basically no deal to be made.
I'd consider Klefbom + 2nd, or some other reasonable add. Kind of a calculated risk, but it would make the Wild's blueline younger and a little cheaper. Brodin would have to shift to RD again, but he and Klefbom have history together.

The Oilers get the LD for RD swap they seem to want and Spurgeon can do pretty much everything they're looking for. He's a little more expensive and older, but he's at a reasonable price and he should be able to play at his current level for at least 5 or so more reason. Likely beyond that. They would have to re-sign him eventually, but he's from the area so maybe that helps?

Not saying either team would jump on it, but I'd consider it.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Zaitsev at no money retained?

Leafs would obviously take back one of Sekera or Russell.

Could that be a base of the deal if the leafs throw in a pick/prospect (not lijegren)?

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Barrie is not avaliable for the pieces i would want the Oilers to pay.

Which is RNH plus oilers first

Last edited:

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
RHD is a huge need for the Lightning as well so Foote simply isn’t available. Yzerman had him off limits for the likes of Karlsson and McDonagh so that gives you an idea of his thought process with regard to Foote.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Haha what... If you really think Hamilton is worth that, you’re insane.

A mid-first, three outright reclamation projects, and relief of an albatross contract for a RHD defenseman who is probably gonna score 20G/40A and another top four defenseman to direct rival in desperate need for that. Maybe the first makes it an overpayment but that is the cost of trading with a rival.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad