Value of: A RHD to Oilers

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
It's ok you don't understand, just because you don't doesn't make your desired course of action correct.

Is the only option for signing a "huge" deal? Of course not. IF it gets to that then you focus on another C, but Stastny is a very good fit for Winnipeg.

Cheveldayoff is a VERY good GM and thankful that he is. Your conclusion leap is unfounded, you make moves for the betterment of your team and to give you options. If you can't understand that then yes indeed you are a very bad GM.

Myers is a valuable player, more so to a team like Edmonton I believe than to Winnipeg. Moving Myers is akin to not signing Enstrom for the same contract dollars he was previously. Moving Myers allows the Jets to get assets in return for a player that has confirmed his value after a lost year.
Maybe you shouldn’t be so condescending when you seem to think a 33 year old 50 point C is more valuable for the team to keep than a 28 year old Dman coming off a 37 point season?

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Don't get me wrong, I think you'd be right to target him over Spurgeon. Even if I didn't, I think you make a convincing case for doing so.

Yeah, I just know that you watch a lot more wild then me, so i figured id try to get an opinion on how much better spurgeon is than dumba defensively. Wild are my favourite American team but i sure do miss the demitra-gaborik line.

I just hate when people like that come into the trade boards and then make those kinds of posts and leave. It's just not constructive. These are all techically just for fun proposals anyways haha.

Hope you guys extend it to 6, though I'm going for the peg in the end, because they are my second favourite Canadian team. GL tomorrow

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Yeah, I just know that you watch a lot more wild then me, so i figured id try to get an opinion on how much better spurgeon is than dumba defensively. Wild are my favourite American team but i sure do miss the demitra-gaborik line.

I just hate when people like that come into the trade boards and then make those kinds of posts and leave. It's just not constructive. These are all techically just for fun proposals anyways haha.

Hope you guys extend it to 6, though I'm going for the peg in the end, because they are my second favourite Canadian team. GL tomorrow
Spurgeon is borderline elite in the dzone. Dumba finally hit a point where he could be called avg or slightly above avg.

Dumba's got age and seemingly ability to stay healthy over Spurgeon. Beyond that they are basically on par or Spurgeon is better everywhere else.

Reactions: 57special

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Spurgeon is borderline elite in the dzone. Dumba finally hit a point where he could be called avg or slightly above avg.

Dumba's got age and seemingly ability to stay healthy over Spurgeon. Beyond that they are basically on par or Spurgeon is better everywhere else.

I don't subscribe to the "made of glass" philosophy, so I can't speak to the health trend, could just be bad luck on Spurgeons part, like Parise. But I wouldn't say spurgeron is better everywhere else. I don't think he is better offensively. In terms of team needs I would say EDM takes the avg/above avg D + borderline elite offense young guy, over the - borderline elite D + avg offense middle aged guy.

Judging by the reaction of many wild fans replies, this deal might even be a chance to get extra value in a winger. Seems like most people have reservations about trading Spurgeon for Drai, but don't mind trading Dumba. Might be able to do a dumba +.

Idk. I don't think Drai is available either, at the end of the day we are hoping he becomes our Malkin-lite.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
No worries there as the oil would not trade Drai for either. Drai get moved for a signed Karlsson or Doughty not second tier number ones

That's fine. What are you planning on adding to Drai to get elite 1Ds?

BA Carroll

Mar 2, 2014
Minnesota would ask for Draisaitl. They have all the other pieces Edmonton could possibly offer already on the team (McDavid aside).

So basically no deal to be made.

We all know Edmonton has no desire to trade Draisatl.
But if you were looking to make a hockey trade for a top RHD, do you honestly think he would be off the table? I don't know either way.

I would love to swap Pietrangelo+ or Parayko+ for Draisatl and Nurse.
No, the Blues aren't looking to deal either of those players, either--and most Blues fans certainly aren't keen on the idea. But I think that's the basis of a potential hockey trade that could make both teams much better, and wouldn't leave any holes that can't be filled.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
But if you were looking to make a hockey trade for a top RHD, do you honestly think he would be off the table? I don't know either way.

No, the Blues aren't looking to deal either of those players, either--and most Blues fans certainly aren't keen on the idea. But I think that's the basis of a potential hockey trade that could make both teams much better, and wouldn't leave any holes that can't be filled.

It depends on how good of a defenseman the Oilers would be looking to acquire if this situation was real. If you want a top-flight 50+ point RHD, Draisaitl isn't off the table in reality.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I don't subscribe to the "made of glass" philosophy, so I can't speak to the health trend, could just be bad luck on Spurgeons part, like Parise. But I wouldn't say spurgeron is better everywhere else. I don't think he is better offensively. In terms of team needs I would say EDM takes the avg/above avg D + borderline elite offense young guy, over the - borderline elite D + avg offense middle aged guy.

Judging by the reaction of many wild fans replies, this deal might even be a chance to get extra value in a winger. Seems like most people have reservations about trading Spurgeon for Drai, but don't mind trading Dumba. Might be able to do a dumba +.

Idk. I don't think Drai is available either, at the end of the day we are hoping he becomes our Malkin-lite.

I said better or on par, they are on par offensively. Dumba has a harder shot, Spurgeon's is more accurate and he's a better setup man. there within a couple decimal points of each other 5v5 (Dumba higher) and PP (Spurgeon higher) in P/60 over the past 3 years. They are really close offensively, Spurgeon is much better defensively.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

That’s gonna need to be a super sized plus, amigo. As in not the usual Sobotka/Berglund/Bortuzzo stuff. Things that hurt and hurt badly.

Drai and Nurse are all but untouchable. Both in the same trade? You’d need to move mountains.

Nurse is an emerging top pairing defenceman in his own right and you clearly recognize how valuable Drai is.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
We don’t have to trade Myers for cap reasons, but if it frees up cap next year to improve our team in other ways we might consider it. Thus:

- No cap dumps, ufa or old guys.

- Ideally we get ELC or picks or prospects back that have little or no impact on our cap at the moment.

- We’re loaded with wingers for days on the roster & prospects so don’t offer any. Don’t need goalies either.

- Only needs could be top 9 C or top 4 D prospects or guys who project to be this.

Myers has one year term, proven he is healthy all year, so not a rental or injury risk. Had a great year on D.

Any way you guys could throw in Huddy?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Seriously. Faulk is coming off 2 or is it 3 bad years if I am not mistaken. He wont get you RNH let alone Drai

No kidding. A declining, defensively terrible middle pairing defenceman and a mystery box for Draisaitl? You have to be kidding me, Carolina.

How about Sekera and Yamamoto for Aho, guys?

Guys?

Why do I hear a dial tone guys?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
LaDue for a 2019 2nd?

Also from LA maybe Voynov?

2nd is too much. LaDue is almost 26 and hasn’t managed to establish himself as an NHLer, let alone a top 4 option.

And I’d rather play an un-retired 50-whatever year old Kevin Lowe 30 minutes a night than have anything whatsoever to do with Voynov. The guy is scum.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Now that I think about it, I honestly don’t know what the point of proposal threads are when every fan overrates the hell out of the players they’re fans of.
They provide a catalyst for discourse, which is kind of the point of a message board.

Even though there's rarely agreement to be found, you can still learn a lot about another team's players/circumstances from the conversations that take place on this forum. You just have to find the people and posts worth conversing with, and be willing to interact with others who probably disagree with you like a reasonable human being.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
CGY offers:
RD Dougie Hamilton
LD Brett Kulak
2018 4th Round Pick

Edmonton offers:
2018 First Round Pick
RW Kailer Yamamoto
RW Jesse Puljujarvi
LD Oscar Klefbom
RW Leon Draisaitl @ 45% retained

Wahlstrom/Boqvist
Yamamoto
Puljujarvi
Klefbom
Draisaitl?

Count me in:

Gaudreau-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi
Tkachuk-Backlund-Monahan (You know you wanna)
Bennett-Jankowski-Yamamoto
Ferland-Shore-Lazar

Giordano-Brodie
Klefbom-Hamonic
Valimaki-Stone/Andersson

Ooo I like that, once Wahlstrom comes in, we can package Monahan and someone for an upgrade.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
Gudas from Philly is far away from being untouchable. If P. Myers is ready for the big show he can even replace him immediately.

I'd ask for a 2nd rounder or add if the Oilers have any interest to trade Puljujärvi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad