GDT: "A Oranje Summer" • FREE AGENT FRENZY • July 28 • 10 AM • SN/TSN

Who do you think the Oilers will sign/acquire?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Sykora was center?
That season, yeah. I'm iffy on the third line because Moreau got hurt for the year right away, but those were the top two lines at the beginning. That offense was fun to watch for the first month or two before everything went off the rails.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
I think Murray could come cheap as a show me. Him not being signed today is pretty telling. The big money was all spent. He could make money going to a bad team or he could take less and play for a good team. Maybe he would take a 1 year show me, maybe get close to a full season.

Landing Murray would be amazing but don’t think we can afford him. I know he’s got back issues/injury prone but when healthy, he’s a top 4 dmen in my opinion. Landing him would be the most ideal scenario and make our defence a hell of a lot better.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
They'll have to scout the crap out of this guy because I'll admit I don't watch many Blue Jackets games, but I have to say I was really impressed with this guy during this press conference, love how much he hates losing:

Sucks but we are probably going to have to pay out the ass for a goalie. Just is what it is at this point. Bye bye 2022 1st round pick and who knows what else.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
DeAngelo isn't better than Ceci at defending.
His last full year in NY he put up 34 evps in 68 games who cares about defense when the majority of the time is spent in the ozone. Your internet posting mirrors Deangelos perceived behavior lol how are you against a cheap add.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
They'll have to scout the crap out of this guy because I'll admit I don't watch many Blue Jackets games, but I have to say I was really impressed with this guy during this press conference, love how much he hates losing:

Sucks but we are probably going to have to pay out the ass for a goalie. Just is what it is at this point. Bye bye 2022 1st round pick and who knows what else.

Maybe Jarmo knows Koskinen and wouldn't mind taking a chance on him?

Reactions: 48g90a138pts

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
You have to admit, after years of hearing about how McDavid would go to Toronto, now that Edmonton has his buddy Hyman and McDavid and him are also friends, Matthews choosing to bolt from Toronto when his contract is up to come to Edmonton to form a super team would be the funniest shit ever.

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
You have to admit, after years of hearing about how McDavid would go to Toronto, now that Edmonton has his buddy Hyman and McDavid and him are also friends, Matthews choosing to bolt from Toronto when his contract is up to come to Edmonton to form a super team would be the funniest shit ever.
And then winning multiple cups.

giphy.gif

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I don't know if I'd go after Merzlikins this off season. He literally watched a teammate and close friend get killed taking a firework shot so Merzlikins and/or his pregnant wife didn't and suffer a similar fate just a few weeks ago.

I can't see Jarmo dealing him so soon after and Elvis is only human. He could suffer some long term mental effects and PTSD from it. I'm not saying he's a "head case" or will become one but that traumatic of an event is something you just don't shrug your shoulders at and move on mentally from in a matter of weeks or months.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I don't know if I'd go after Merzlikins this off season. He literally watched a teammate and close friend get killed taking a firework shot so Merzlikins and/or his pregnant wife didn't and suffer a similar fate just a few weeks ago.

I can't see Jarmo dealing him so soon after and Elvis is only human. He could suffer some long term mental effects and PTSD from it. I'm not saying he's a "head case" but that traumatic of an event is something you just don't shrug your shoulders at and move on mentally from in a matter of weeks or months.

They are trying to move Korpisalo. Merzlikens isn't going anywhere.

Reactions: McFuhryous

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I know this most likely was posted already. But it's crazy Dubas turned down 2 picks for that 8th year on Hyman's contract. They really expected the value to be the same if not more as a true salary retention. Complete insanity.

Wow that cap savings for the Oilers is worth a lot. I can only imagine Oilers divisional opponents tried to stress they wouldn't be happy if the Leafs helped us out.

A 5th and a 7th, or maybe even a 5th and a 6th. Of course it would have been next year's 5th because the Oilers didn't have one this year, it went in the Ennis trade.

But still. :eek2:

Think I get the reasoning here. Dubas potentially having some hand in Oilers succeeding would be worse optics for Dubas than not taking those picks. Dubas is getting more vulnerable each year he fails miserably to get anything in the playoffs from the great hand he was dealt.

ilovetheshowlost

Sep 8, 2016
Matthews buddy Justin Bieber would never allow it

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
They are trying to move Korpisalo. Merzlikens isn't going anywhere.

He's a pending UFA. If he doesn't want to be there, and it doesn't sound like he's extremely frustrated there, then they would be stupid to turn down a 1st round pick in what's supposed to be a good draft.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

That bitch called karma...

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
He's a pending UFA. If he doesn't want to be there, and it doesn't sound like he's extremely frustrated there, then they would be stupid to turn down a 1st round pick in what's supposed to be a good draft.

1 video doesn't mean that is his mindset for life. Everyone gets frustrated at their position. He just had the opportunity to vent and he took it. Means absolutely nothing.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 10.38.53 PM.png

Next years goaltender crop of UFA's. Slim pickens next year but at least we start with Koskinen already gone.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

I can't see Jarmo dealing him so soon after and Elvis is only human. He could suffer some long term mental effects and PTSD from it. I'm not saying he's a "head case" or will become one but that traumatic of an event is something you just don't shrug your shoulders at and move on mentally from in a matter of weeks or months.

Or he could be thankful for what his friend did and will dedicate the rest of his career in his memory and take his game to new levels. It's tough to say how people would handle such a situation. His teammate was a hero in every sense of the word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad