GDT: "A Oranje Summer" • FREE AGENT FRENZY • July 28 • 10 AM • SN/TSN

Who do you think the Oilers will sign/acquire?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I’m seeing a lot of people pencilling in Foegele into the top 6. This guys 25 with a career high of 13g and 30 pts.

I’m not saying it can’t work, but how many times have we seen players come here, get pencilled into a spot they don’t belong, and get run out of town because they don’t succeed in a position they’ve never succeeded in previously?

hyman Mcdavid JP
Nuge Drai Yam

Should be the top 6 forwards to start the season. Anything else would be either spreading us too thin, or relying on people to succeed in spots they shouldn’t be counted on for. We know Nuge isn’t a line driver these days, so why hope we can run him at 3C with any success?

Hyman Mcdavid JP
Nuge Drai Yam
Kassian Ryan Foegele
Shore McLeod Archibald

if Yam struggles, or Foegele looks really good, we can obviously make adjustments, but I don’t know how this isn’t the opening lineup.

Foegele has barely had any PP time or ice time in top six. Reason why he got traded was because he wanted more ice time in Carolina.

It's funny how fans are whining and say Ethan Bear, a 24 year old Dman, has so much potential but don't think Warren Foegele, a 25 year old winger, has no more potential

Reactions: Oilhawks and 780il

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I have a feeling we will sign Rask, put him on LTIR to start the season, alternate Smith and Koskinen until Rask is ready to come back, and hope Koskinen plays well enough to boost his trade value so we can trade him before Rask comes back.

LOL.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I’m seeing a lot of people pencilling in Foegele into the top 6. This guys 25 with a career high of 13g and 30 pts.

I’m not saying it can’t work, but how many times have we seen players come here, get pencilled into a spot they don’t belong, and get run out of town because they don’t succeed in a position they’ve never succeeded in previously?

hyman Mcdavid JP
Nuge Drai Yam

Should be the top 6 forwards to start the season. Anything else would be either spreading us too thin, or relying on people to succeed in spots they shouldn’t be counted on for. We know Nuge isn’t a line driver these days, so why hope we can run him at 3C with any success?

Hyman Mcdavid JP
Nuge Drai Yam
Kassian Ryan Foegele
Shore McLeod Archibald

if Yam struggles, or Foegele looks really good, we can obviously make adjustments, but I don’t know how this isn’t the opening lineup.

Agree completely. He is a fast skater, but that doesn't make him a top six player. He doesn't have the skill for top six duty. Not for any length of time anyhow, at least from what I have read about him anyhow

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Koskinen + 2021 1st for Merzlikins + 2nd please Holland.

Don't see Elvis returning to the Jackets and CBJ was rumoured to be talking Neal with Oilers so maybe they're okay with a cap dump.

That’s terrible. Elvis has worse numbers than Koskinen.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
The UFA goalie class is quite bad next year too assuming Columbus signs one of their guys and Kuemper signs in Colorado. You might have a shot at Merzlikens or Korpisalo, but much else interesting after that.

May need to explore more trade options.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Agree completely. He is a fast skater, but that doesn't make him a top six player. He doesn't have the skill for top six duty. Not for any length of time anyhow, at least from what I have read about him anyhow

Dude... you haven't even seen him play. Listen to Frank Seravelli's analysis of him, a guy who's actually seen him play.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Say Yamamoto gets 2 and Foegele gets 2.5 that leaves us with approximately 1.5mil in cap space. And that’s counting Klef’s LTIR money. Signing a depth D will put us very close to the cap.

Any trade for a goalie has to have Koskinen going the other way and the returning money needs to be very similar or less. Not many options but hopefully we can get something done.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Say Yamamoto gets 2 and Foegele gets 2.5 that leaves us with approximately 1.5mil in cap space. And that’s counting Klef’s LTIR money. Signing a depth D will put us very close to the cap.

Any trade for a goalie has to have Koskinen going the other way and the returning money needs to be very similar or less. Not many options but hopefully we can get something done.
Satnam Waheguru

Reactions: GD77 and 780il

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
What are the LD options that are even available that would be realistic at about a 1.5 mill ask?

Koekkoek again?

Wookie

Jun 21, 2019
Why won’t he return?
What worries me about Elvis is what happened to Matiss Kivlenieks (the prospect goalie that died in the firework incident). Matiss was living with Elvis at the time and save both him and his pregnant wife from the firework blast. I don't know what that does to a player's psyche to see a close friend die infront of you like that. Think how Larsson performed after the death of his dad, it's takes time I would say.

Kivlenieks 'died a hero,' Blue Jackets teammate says at memorial

Last edited:
Reactions: McFuhryous
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad