GDT: "A Oranje Summer" • FREE AGENT FRENZY • July 28 • 10 AM • SN/TSN

Who do you think the Oilers will sign/acquire?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
GDT MUSIC

-

162745043613073057.jpg

-

PLEASE VOTE IN THE POLL!

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Few thoughts

- Hyman and Barrie are coming. Not the biggest fan of bringing Barrie back but contract sounds fine. Hyman is an overpay on cap and length but based on what other "similar" guys are asking it's...fine

- I like Ceci but moving Bear to fit him is baffling too me and just makes our team older. Unless we are getting a younger legit starter for Bear I don't like it.

- I have a very strong feeling Holland strikes out on goaltending again and he, again goes back to the same duo

- I think we will have some youth in our bottom 6 but imho we need to bring in a LEGIT 3c, maybe a vet 4c and have guys like Benson, McLeod and Marody play their way onto the lineup

OilersCoffeeArtBeer

Jun 7, 2021
Seattle
In
Barrie 4.25 x 3
Hyman 5.5 x 7
Getzlaf 2.5 x 2
Perry 2.25 x 1
Dvorak 4.45 x 4
Kuemper 4.5 x 1

Out
Bear 1m
Koskinen 4.5 m
Kassian 3.25 m
Marody .895

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I've accepted that Barrie is saying.
Would be happy to have Getslaf playing 3rd line center.
Would also like to see us take a stab at Bogosian.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Getzlaf and Ritchie are two guys I was aimed at right after the Jets swept us.

now that Larsson is gone might as well keep Barrie. There’s proven chemistry with Nurse to form a top pairing and proven chemistry with McDrai.

Also hoping to get Glendening or Ryan as 4C.

No idea which goalie we could or should get but please get Koskinen out of here.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
I'm hoping that the Oilers somehow get Josh Manson, Nick Jensen, or both in a trade with extensions for either player.

I think it would be unwise to keep signing band-aid solutions on D during Draisaitl's and McDavid's prime years; Barrie and Bear aren't the right players for this organization's D, especially if it's Smith/Koskinen, again, in net

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
I wouldn't be surprised if the Oilers make some big moves tomorrow. It's pretty obvious that management has been given their Mcdavid deadline, and I don't doubt that there is a fair bit of discontent behind the scenes after Chiarelli cap-locked a team with terrible signings and even worse trades. Straight up wasted the first 5 years of Mcdavid's career.

That means getting older and more experienced with some less than desirable contracts, maybe a younger guy whose game collapse doesn't get a chance to redeem himself, and wouldn't be surprised if the coach is on a short leash as well(haven't heard a peep about resigning him with a year left on his deal)

Should be interesting to see how this all goes.

Not Canada Drai

♧ Lem
Jul 7, 2019
Edmonton
I'm excited for Waste Management Wednesday. "We tried to go big but the cost was too high, we brought greybeards and hard working players who can improve our bottom lines, good players Mark. What did you want me to do? We expect our goaltenders to battle it out, the cost to move Koskie was too high but we have faith in him and it opens up cap flexibility for 2223." Ken Holland repeat 20 times in a flustered manner while waving his hands.

Zach Hyman - 7y/5.7m
Bobby Ryan - 3y/2.8m
Kailer Yamamoto - 6y/3.2m
Travis Zajac - 3y/3.5m
Tucker Poolman - 4y/2m

Hyman-McDavid-Ryan
RNH-Drai-Yamamoto
Holloway-Zajac-Jesse
Archie-McLeod-Kassian

Nurse-Bear
Keith-Bouchard
Lagesson-Poolman

Smith
Koskinen

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I'm excited for Waste Management Wednesday. "We tried to go big but the cost was too high, we brought greybeards and hard working players who can improve our bottom lines, good players Mark. What did you want me to do? We expect our goaltenders to battle it out, the cost to move Koskie was too high but we have faith in him and it opens up cap flexibility for 2223." Ken Holland repeat 20 times in a flustered manner while waving his hands.

Zach Hyman - 7y/5.7m
Bobby Ryan - 3y/2.8m
Kailer Yamamoto - 6y/3.2m
Travis Zajac - 3y/3.5m
Tucker Poolman - 4y/2m

Hyman-McDavid-Ryan
RNH-Drai-Yamamoto
Holloway-Zajac-Jesse
Archie-McLeod-Kassian

Nurse-Bear
Keith-Bouchard
Lagesson-Poolman

Smith
Koskinen

200.gif

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Hyman
Barrie
Getzlaf
Ceci

If money left add Tatar/Perry

Later on Kuemper

Hyman - McDavid - Puljujarvi (Liklely best line in NHL)
RNH - Drai - Yamo
Tatar - Getzlaf - Kassian
Archi - McLeod - Shore
Benson

Nurse - Barrie
Keith - Bear
Ceci - Bouchard
Broberg/Samorukov/Russell/Lagesson

Kuemper
Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.