A Letter to Jon Ledecky

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
So for a lot of professions it is still one of the main ways to get hired. I do a lot of recruiting for professional level positions (sales/marketing, IT) and LinkedIn is still the easiest way to find candidates. Not sure what field you work in but for many LinkedIn is very important and not just for us old folks.

The sentiment I get is that everyone must have one, but nobody really knows why or how it helps them. It had a quick rise, but I don't hear much about it anymore, at least not in the same enthusiastic way I heard it previously. Didn't mean to upset anyone.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
The sentiment I get is that everyone must have one, but nobody really knows why or how it helps them. It had a quick rise, but I don't hear much about it anymore, at least not in the same enthusiastic way I heard it previously. Didn't mean to upset anyone.

Not upset just trying to explain. I got an email from a headhunter just last week trying to fill a job. I asked her where she found me and she said LinkedIn. We talked for a while and I was asking about how her firm finds candidates. Anyone my age remembers when search firms had staffers who cold called people looking for candidates to fill jobs. Today headhunters just do a search on LinkedIn. I've heard this now from about a half dozen headhunters in the last year or so.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

I'm not too interested in debating the topic, but I'd be very interested in how they calculate the usage from those demographics. I don't doubt that younger people have them, I just don't think they really use it.

Not upset just trying to explain. I got an email from a headhunter just last week trying to fill a job. I asked her where she found me and she said LinkedIn. We talked for a while and I was asking about how her firm finds candidates. Anyone my age remembers when search firms had staffers who cold called people looking for candidates to fill jobs. Today headhunters just do a search on LinkedIn. I've heard this now from about a half dozen headhunters in the last year or so.

Strange, I don't know anyone who has ever received a job through LinkedIn. The only people who actively use it that I'm aware of are the older demographic. Purely anecdotal, so it may just be my perception. Anyway, thanks for the info.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Yes I think this is actually a desirable job if they convince JT to stay and probably even still if he leaves.

But the point is...Once you've decided that an employee must be terminated, you fire them immediately so you keep him from doing further damage.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I agree it would actually breath some life into fan base if they fired him tomorrow

10,000%. That L&M need to let it get this point even if they did it, they've got more work to do before we can trust they actually know what they're doing.

There's a difference between being able to implement a vision and just reacting to things being horrible.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Ledecky's been in hiding since he missed that high five.

Can't say I blame him.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Unless he's working on ousting snow, then he's a total coward to not face the fire of a trainwreck season he's presiding over.

If he doesn’t clean house the day the season ends, this fanbase better not let each other down and let Barclays be a ghost town at next season’s opener.
and beyond.

Speak with your wallets, folks.

They have lost 14 of their last 16!!!!

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
I love these "as a fan this guy must go or else I am not going to be spending my money on them" topics, I remember the same thing was done about Yashin back in 06 how he needed to be bought out or else the fans were going to boycott, well he was bought out, and the Islanders proceeded to suck , the fans were calling for Capuano's head last year and he was fired and how did that turn out for the Islanders? anyway Snow may or may not return but I am willing to bet our success is not going to be any worse or greater with him or without him here, he has made some bad moves he has made some good moves

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad