A Letter to Jon Ledecky

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
My friends...

It's been stewing in me for sometime, but after tonight I can't take it anymore. Instead of just venting my frustration with snow on these boards, I want to make my voice heard to the one guy who can actually do something about this franchise's biggest problem.

Therefore I am going to write Ledecky a letter about finally doing what needs to be done and firing snow. I don't care if it does nothing - He needs to know how most of us feel. I respect the billboard movement, but to me what it lacked is addressing Ledecky directly. He needs to know that we are specifically requesting that he remove snow, and at least this fan is prepared to stop spending money on this team if he doesn't.

So I'm bringing it up here because I'm hoping those of you who feel like me...Will join me. Therefore I thought it might be more effective if the letter was signed by a lot of us. Not sure anyone would want to join in, but what I can say is that I would happily write the letter. After that I could use help gathering signatures.

The bottom line is while posting here does help me vent and find some entertainment, I care way too much about this team to only post here. I'd rather vote than just complain, and that is what I'm going to do.

So I'm going to write Ledecky a letter soon and send it signed just from me. If you'd like to join I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks for "listening" my fellow Isles fans.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
Your heart is in the right place, but it will have no affect. He most likely won't even read it.

What really needs to be done is a fan boycott. Stop going to games. Stop watching games. Contribute nothing to the revenue of the team.

They're only going to take notice if it hurts their pockets.

ALEXIVICH CHULKATURI

Dec 5, 2010
HILTON HEAD ISLAND
Can I add my two cents to the letter . A GM can do no less then construct a team, his captain can do no more then obey. Nothing less is correct, nothing more is permissible. Trade in this lousy captain who has let us down for a real captain who resides in a Phoenix. I trust you Mr. Ledecky to do the right thing and give your GM the blank check needed to correct a wrong.

Last edited:

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Your heart is in the right place, but it will have no affect. He most likely won't even read it.

What really needs to be done is a fan boycott. Stop going to games. Stop watching games. Contribute nothing to the revenue of the team.

I have said if JT leaves and Snow stays I'm boycotting. Best way send your message is hurt them in the pockets.

Reactions: Konk

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
I was thinking of writing a poem to Ledecky. This is what I've got so far (not final draft):

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Fire Snow
Woo Hoo

The "Woo Hoo" without an exclamation point really drives home the dual feelings of elation and sadness. Elation, over firing Snow, sadness and bitter disappointment at receipt of the news of whatever clown/criminal/moron is sure to follow in his footsteps.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
The "Woo Hoo" without an exclamation point really drives home the dual feelings of elation and melancholy. Elation, over firing Snow, melancholy at receipt of the news of whatever clown/criminal/moron is sure to follow in his footsteps.
Wow, you saw right to the core of the dichotomy of emotions I was going after in that last line. You sir have the heart of a poet.

Although I think I might like Eberzal's "they **** on me too" better as an ending. We need more stanzas. Periferal may have to turn his letter into an epic poem instead.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Wow, you saw right to the core of the dichotomy of emotions I was going after in that last line. You sir have the heart of a poet.

Although I think I might like Eberzal's "they **** on me too" better as an ending. We need more stanzas. Periferal may have to turn his letter into an epic poem instead.

When I read the lines it was immediately apparent that you, the author, had suffered a profound loss. More specifically, a 3-1 loss.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
this entire team looks so defeated. The body language, all the mess of decisions all over the ice, against one of the worst NHL teams, with a terrible back-up goalie, missing Weber, playing rookies hoping to tank.

Is this rock-bottom? or might this get even worse?

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

OK - So since it sounds like you agree with the sentiment can I count on your signature since there's zero downside to you joining?

And I do agree with you that affecting anyone's wallet is a surefire way to get their attention, if Ledecky/Malkin don't understand that snow is the reason we're not going to games then that too is misguided.

Can we count on your to help organize people to not spending money on the team? You don't need to convince me. I'm done already.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
A while back a poster here said they met Ledecky, had a conversation with him, and Ledecky gave him his business card.

If you are that person and can message me I'd appreciate it.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
OK - So since it sounds like you agree with the sentiment can I count on your signature since there's zero downside to you joining?

And I do agree with you that affecting anyone's wallet is a surefire way to get their attention, if Ledecky/Malkin don't understand that snow is the reason we're not going to games then that too is misguided.

Can we count on your to help organize people to not spending money on the team? You don't need to convince me. I'm done already.

I've had three major life events occur in the past year that have drastically changed things for me and my family on a daily basis. Organizing a boycott against the Islanders is at the bottom of my to do list and it will stay there.

I will do my part by not contributing $$$ to the team and not watching the games. That's the best you will get from me.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
All that I would want to add is that the franchise shouldn't have to continue to pay for the former majority owners poor decisions. He and Malkin need to consider the buyout of Snow's unknown, yet probably absurd contract, as part of the cost it took for them to buy the franchise.

Brooklyn failed not only because it was far from the fanbase. It failed because they showed up a mediocre team and they haven't improved one bit. They needed to show up a Cup contender, and they have regressed since they won their lone series.

No other franchise in pro sports would deal with this level of ineptitude from the GMs office.

Reactions: Eberzal

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
this entire team looks so defeated. The body language, all the mess of decisions all over the ice, against one of the worst NHL teams, with a terrible back-up goalie, missing Weber, playing rookies hoping to tank.

Is this rock-bottom? or might this get even worse?
It will get worse until the billboards come down

Reactions: Eberzal

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
I haven't gone to a single game this year or bought any merchandise. Neither have either of my 2 boys. We have started our own protest by not supporting the team. If everyone did this then we would get L&M's attention. Until they see a drop in revenues I doubt they will care. The sad part is that the Brooklyn revenue is contractually fixed. The coliseum games will sell out since they are so few and less seats. So I don't think the Isles will see any drop in revenue for the next few years.

Reactions: periferal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad