A Letter to Jon Ledecky

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I haven't gone to a single game this year or bought any merchandise. Neither have either of my 2 boys. We have started our own protest by not supporting the team. If everyone did this then we would get L&M's attention. Until they see a drop in revenues I doubt they will care. The sad part is that the Brooklyn revenue is contractually fixed. The coliseum games will sell out since they are so few and less seats. So I don't think the Isles will see any drop in revenue for the next few years.

But...

Season tickets dropping, more empty seats, and a drop in merchandise sales will definitely catch anyone's eye - Even if revenues don't drop a ton.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
But...

Season tickets dropping, more empty seats, and a drop in merchandise sales will definitely catch anyone's eye - Even if revenues don't drop a ton.

But they could attribute that to Brooklyn's lame duck status. My guess is that revenue won't drop appreciably and ownership won't be overly concerned until they get to Belmont and revenues don't meet projections. That thought sickens me.

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
Botta woke up one day angry last month or he had signed a contract with wang saying he couldnt critizize the islanders till feb 15th of 2018. All of a sudden snowbis a bad GM? Where was the cupbrun last year? the backbto back cups likenthe penguins donin their sleep? Snow has been a loser for easily the last 7 years. All of a sudden point blank and botta are allowed to say it outbloud?

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Botta woke up one day angry last month or he had signed a contract with wang saying he couldnt critizize the islanders till feb 15th of 2018. All of a sudden snowbis a bad GM? Where was the cupbrun last year? the backbto back cups likenthe penguins donin their sleep? Snow has been a loser for easily the last 7 years. All of a sudden point blank and botta are allowed to say it outbloud?
Botta has been criticizing Snow for a decade.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Dear Jon,
Took the clan to see the Long Island Nets D league last night in Uniondale. Maybe 1500 in attendance . See your future.
I figured since the result of the Isles game was predictable I would take us out for some entertainment . We were not disappointed. The last home game is Sunday . I recommend to those looking for a fun relaxing day. Bouncy houses for the kid . 10,000+ empty seats so plenty of room for your coat and parking just $5. So you see Jon , there are other things to spend money on out there. Please fix our team

LGI - SMFG - WMFG

Last edited:

MikeT98213

Dec 18, 2002
Visit site
I will gladly sign any letter that addresses the immediate need to fire Snow and, for that matter, the entire coaching staff. I've even stopped watching the games since they do nothing other than increase my stress level. I miss watching Barzal but I'm spared watching JT go through the motions, Ladd spending his time on the ice counting his money and laughing at Snow, the overpaid and underproductive 4th line, goaltenders that can't stop pucks if we were permitted to put both of them in goal at the same time, a defense that continues to make the same mistakes over and over again, as well as allow defensive zone entries with token to no resistance, Tanner Fritz, a 5th liner, playing on the 3rd live, zero blue chip prospects that are anywhere near NHL ready and....last but not least...Weight's post game interviews at which he has the audacity to say his team played well.

If Ledecky cannot divert from his singular focus (the new arena) long enough to recognize that the hockey operation is in free fall, he will have a new building with a whole lot of empty seats.

Reactions: Axe Man

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I found a funny email I sent to my grandfather when I was much younger in fifth grade regarding the Islanders. Pretty sure it was the season they got Tavares so he was not on the team yet. Pardon my grammar but figured some of you would like it. Apparently, not much has changed.

"just guessing who is the best islander on there team? Baily?Okposo?Park?Mabye the islanders need to sign a star. But who will want to come to new york? They might move somewhere else .Toronto?CANADA THEY MIGHT MOVE. I have news for islanders fans. instead of them saying we are all islanders. its we are not good. what are they on a 10 game losing streak. As soon as they dont move or move they need to sign a good player a star player anyone that can be a 40 goal scorer every year. Instead of a comrie sign a Spezza type. They have cap room what are they waiting for."

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
Ledecky used us and the media for his new arena. You were all so happy to see a smiling owner and so sick of Wang you hust loved the guy despite him not doing a single thing for the team. If tavares was signed long term i believe ledecky would drop the payroll by about 15 million. I think that may be the biggest reason JT hasnt signed. He doesnt trust that the owner is in it to win it rather than in it to flip it. If JT does sign here id expect an2 year deal he should be very concerned of this ledecky character and we already know the other 2 owners are either a failure in every aspect wang...or invisible and not involved...Malkin.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Hopefully Botta is correct that Ledecky's silence means something. And maybe Snow had some constraints at the TDL too from ownership (his unwillingness to mortgage the future may not have been entirely his own idea). Hoping, anyway.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Ledecky used us and the media for his new arena. You were all so happy to see a smiling owner and so sick of Wang you hust loved the guy despite him not doing a single thing for the team. If tavares was signed long term i believe ledecky would drop the payroll by about 15 million. I think that may be the biggest reason JT hasnt signed. He doesnt trust that the owner is in it to win it rather than in it to flip it. If JT does sign here id expect an2 year deal he should be very concerned of this ledecky character and we already know the other 2 owners are either a failure in every aspect wang...or invisible and not involved...Malkin.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the likely new owners once Ledecky sells. This is going to be a very attractive purchase and obviously whoever buys is going to have to keep the team here and may be a local. The worst case scenario is we get another John Pickett probably. Just overall disinterested but not necessarily a bad owner. I can deal with uninterested as long as the hired staff is competent

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
My letter to Ledecky is done. It's a few pages long, but I spilled it all out there. I'm going to send to him and Malkin.

I'm planning to snail-mail to the "executive offices" in East Meadow (https://www.nhl.com/islanders/team/contact-us), but also mail to the corporate offices as I want to make sure both of them read this.

Anyone have any other suggestions on how best to get this letter in front of both Ledecky and Malkin? I welcome all suggestions. Feel free to message me privately if better for you.

Thanks.

lorwood

Nov 3, 2008
I was thinking of writing a poem to Ledecky. This is what I've got so far (not final draft):

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Fire Snow
Woo Hoo

Dear Mr Ledecky
Please hear our plight
Be the one owner
Who does make it right
Our defense is invisible
The Goaltending stinks
And JT will go
As fast as you blink
You got us to Belmont
Yes that much is true
But without the playoffs
A Mausoleum will ensue
So Fire that coach
Let that old goaltender go
Open that check book
And cups of silver will show
The times been to long
And so we now shout
You own this dam mess
NOW FIGURE IT OUT!

Reactions: Lek

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
someone create a webpage somewhere where fans can give their names and state what they are doing next season to fight back if snow is here...for instance i wont go to home games. even stating you wont go to 50% would help is you get 5000 fans doing this.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
someone create a webpage somewhere where fans can give their names and state what they are doing next season to fight back if snow is here...for instance i wont go to home games. even stating you wont go to 50% would help is you get 5000 fans doing this.

"I'm not going to use your product!...except, maybe sometimes, when I want to...which is half the time..."

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
My letter to Ledecky is done. It's a few pages long, but I spilled it all out there. I'm going to send to him and Malkin.

I'm planning to snail-mail to the "executive offices" in East Meadow (https://www.nhl.com/islanders/team/contact-us), but also mail to the corporate offices as I want to make sure both of them read this.

Anyone have any other suggestions on how best to get this letter in front of both Ledecky and Malkin? I welcome all suggestions. Feel free to message me privately if better for you.

Thanks.

I hear billboards work well for this sort of thing.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
or maybe continued indifference. that has worked well the past 2 decades.

Im going to stay with it.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte

Thanks.

Send your letter to Botta. He seems to be on a personal mission to get Snow fired. He may even publish the letter.

Reactions: periferal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad