A Letter to Jon Ledecky

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Send your letter to Botta. He seems to be on a personal mission to get Snow fired. He may even publish the letter.

I like this idea a lot. Any idea of Botta's email address? PM me if you have any ideas how to get it.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Something to think about why it's very likely ownership will act: the nut fudges and NIMBYS are organizing to kill Belmont (and will likely be funded by Barclays, another reason why I pray on a daily basis that the place will be sucked completely into a giant sinkhole with carny scum Yormark inside it). If the team is a dumpster fire/laughingstock it makes their job selling the "no to Belmont" position to the public disturbingly easy ("Why should we be building an arena for a terrible team nobody cares about?"). They know this can kill their Belmont windfall which is why I definitely think they will act.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Linked In? What are you 50?

Well I'm not 50, but I can say it's out there on the horizon...(which is beyond shocking to me as I feel 25 emotionally).

As for LinkedIn, Facebook, or any social media...I'm really not a fan at all. That said whether or not you or I use LinkedIn, it is still very massive for many people. I work in a business were social media is very significant, and yet I rarely use it as I don't like it as a form of communication other than to receive news (sports) updates.

Anyway I Tweeted at Botta and he PM'd me back so I'm going to be emailing him now.

Reactions: PK Cronin

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Something to think about why it's very likely ownership will act: the nut fudges and NIMBYS are organizing to kill Belmont (and will likely be funded by Barclays, another reason why I pray on a daily basis that the place will be sucked completely into a giant sinkhole with carny scum Yormark inside it). If the team is a dumpster fire/laughingstock it makes their job selling the "no to Belmont" position to the public disturbingly easy ("Why should we be building an arena for a terrible team nobody cares about?"). They know this can kill their Belmont windfall which is why I definitely think they will act.

Yeah but both sides of that argument sort of contradict. You can argue you can’t predict what the team will look like in 3-5 years to the anti Belmont crew while they can just come back if you revamp the entire front office and coaching staff there’s no guarantees even if you reincarnated Bowman and Yzerman that the team will get any good.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Well I'm not 50, but I can say it's out there on the horizon...(which is beyond shocking to me as I feel 25 emotionally).

As for LinkedIn, Facebook, or any social media...I'm really not a fan at all. That said whether or not you or I use LinkedIn, it is still very massive for many people. I work in a business were social media is very significant, and yet I rarely use it as I don't like it as a form of communication other than to receive news (sports) updates.

Anyway I Tweeted at Botta and he PM'd me back so I'm going to be emailing him now.

same here! Thinking 25 is both a blessing and curse.

i think social media is filled with narcissism, ignorance and obnoxious people that i suppose i'm kinda friends with. Sadly, the more you see of what people are, what they want to portray, the less you like or respect them.

Or maybe I'm getting old and crusty - moreso.

and the best way to reach someone for business is LinkedIn. Unless you're a celebrity or athlete or in the public eye, Instagram and Twitter are mostly useless. Some in media are an exception.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Yeah but both sides of that argument sort of contradict. You can argue you can’t predict what the team will look like in 3-5 years to the anti Belmont crew while they can just come back if you revamp the entire front office and coaching staff there’s no guarantees even if you reincarnated Bowman and Yzerman that the team will get any good.
There's a 100% chance the team will be bottom feeding trash as long as Garth and Doug have jobs, and I think even the dumbest most gullible people on the planet know that. This situation is also why the team is going to cave and give JT whatever the hell he wants on June 30th.

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
There's a 100% chance the team will be bottom feeding trash as long as Garth and Doug have jobs, and I think even the dumbest most gullible people on the planet know that. This situation is also why the team is going to cave and give JT whatever the hell he wants on June 30th.

Oh yeah? And what if what he wants is Snow and Weight gone?

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Oh yeah? And what if what he wants is Snow and Weight gone?
Don't you mean "What if he wants them to stay?" in which case the team is screwed because that means JT is gone. Doug and Garth are toast, be as cynical as you want but L&M aren't stupid and they've shown they will act (Just ask Cappy).

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
Don't you mean "What if he wants them to stay?" in which case the team is screwed because that means JT is gone. Doug and Garth are toast, be as cynical as you want but L&M aren't stupid and they've shown they will act (Just ask Cappy).

No, I meant exactly what I said. If the owners were interested in the team, they would fire Snow a long time ago.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
same here! Thinking 25 is both a blessing and curse.

i think social media is filled with narcissism, ignorance and obnoxious people that i suppose i'm kinda friends with. Sadly, the more you see of what people are, what they want to portray, the less you like or respect them.

Or maybe I'm getting old and crusty - moreso.

and the best way to reach someone for business is LinkedIn. Unless you're a celebrity or athlete or in the public eye, Instagram and Twitter are mostly useless. Some in media are an exception.

'You write your snide ******** from a dark room because that’s what the angry do nowadays."

Let's be honest...These boards are a form of social media. Most of us would not say the things we do here (and especially to each other) if we were having a conversation in person.

Social media has it's benefits, but it's too big. Too much meaningless banter and insults taking out bandwidth - Both in the world and in our lives.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005

Well you are certainly a fan of message boards. ;)

I hope you get a hold of him; he could be a great ally.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Well you are certainly a fan of message boards. ;)

I hope you get a hold of him; he could be a great ally.

I did get a hold of him. Emailed back and forth. Very nice and professional. Gave me some tips on how to angle a letter to Ledecky/Malkin.

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
I did get a hold of him. Emailed back and forth. Very nice and professional. Gave me some tips on how to angle a letter to Ledecky/Malkin.

Oh that's great! I haven't said that before, sorry, but seriously, good luck with your letter.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
:laugh: I know it was probably the only way to actually get a hold of him, but Linked In is definitely something that has come and gone which made me laugh because I can't imagine anyone actually checking or monitoring those accounts anymore.

So for a lot of professions it is still one of the main ways to get hired. I do a lot of recruiting for professional level positions (sales/marketing, IT) and LinkedIn is still the easiest way to find candidates. Not sure what field you work in but for many LinkedIn is very important and not just for us old folks.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
So for a lot of professions it is still one of the main ways to get hired. I do a lot of recruiting for professional level positions (sales/marketing, IT) and LinkedIn is still the easiest way to find candidates. Not sure what field you work in but for many LinkedIn is very important and not just for us old folks.

I monitor my LinkedIn account often. I get job offers all the time on it. And I'm under 50 years old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad