VernonForrest

Feb 20, 2003
San Diego
Morrison_Rulz said:
Trade:

To New York Rangers: Dallas 3rd(Nucks) and Dallas 6th
To Dallas: Ryan Callahan

Waiting for confirmation.

You dont have the canucks 3rd, clarify which pick you are giving, please post pick #'s

VernonForrest

Feb 20, 2003
San Diego
BobMarleyNYR said:
OK guys, we need to start taking this picks seriously... I did some math and if we continue at this rate we won't be done till early July. I will be in Ireland then... not suggesting a reduced time limit, let's just impose one on ourselves. As soon as we get the chance, let's give no more than 3 hours to trade or pick. Otherwise people will be dropping out by round 3 and we'll have to abandon it.

You guys should stop trading so much and just make your pick. Come on guys this is a mock DRAFT designed to pick players. This isnt a mock trade deadline. I can understand you would like to increase your draft picks but lets be realistic here.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Tell me how long have I taken? Not long at all, I always gave a set time (never exceeding three hours) in which I would pick or trade. Can't speak for others, but I always make my pick fairly quickly... the only burden it puts on you in particular is having to re-configure the order.

I was talking about the ones who take all 11 hours and 59 minutes. There are only like 4 or 5 of us that regularly trade, and we all usually pick promptly.

Last edited:

CH Wizard

Advice : Stop making a ton of trades and just pick.

I've no problem about gm's making trades but hey ...we need to do some picks quiclky it's not a one round mock....

VernonForrest

Feb 20, 2003
San Diego
BobMarleyNYR said:
Tell me how long have I taken? Not long at all, I always gave a set time (never exceeding three hours) in which I would pick or trade. Can't speak for others, but I always make my pick fairly quickly... the only burden it puts on you in particular is having to re-configure the order.

I was talking about the ones who take all 11 hours and 59 minutes. There are only like 4 or 5 of us that regularly trade, and we all usually pick promptly.

I didnt particularly mean you at all, just quoted you, i appologize if I made it seem like that. You have made your picks extremely fast, but others seem to not want to pick, they trade up and then trade that same pick down.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
No, I didn't think you were singling me out, no worries.

But I understand what a pain it must be to keep track of the changes... I should only make one more!

Last edited:

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Here is the current Coyotes blueline (orangeline?)
Paul Mara Derek Morris
Sami Salo Denis Gauthier
Keith Ballard Cale Hulse
Matt Spiller Sean O’Donnell
Still looking to add another D-Man (possibly one coming soon...)

I felt I had to get rid of either Mara or Tanabe and chose Tanabe because he is very injury-prone.

CH Wizard

Sabes said:
Awaiting trade conformation:

To Chicago : 17th pick

To Tampa Bay : 38th pick , Brent Seabrook , Mikhail Yakubov.

Confirmed.

Well , I know I'm overpaing but I can get a top notch winger at 17th.

CH Wizard

The HAWKS are proud to pick from the Saskatoon Blades :

DEVIN SETOGUCHI

Setoguchi is a gritty forward and I just can't imagine him and Ruutu on the same line.I needed some forwards and after having seen Setoguchi play a lot , I've decided to pick him over Bergfors.He'll be a great fit there.I'm happy with Kopitar and Setoguchi.I gave a lot but I really needed some forwards...I think , I'll go for a d , the next time but I still don't know.What I like of Setoguchi is that his downside isn't terrible , he can play a checking role but he's really dangerous in the slot , the kid has a scarry shot.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Wow that's pretty good... Kopitar should become HUGE. Setoguchi is more risky, but enormous upside... don't know if it was worth Seabrooke, but you've got Babchuk and all, so it's OK.

CH Wizard

BobMarleyNYR said:
Wow that's pretty good... Kopitar should become HUGE. Setoguchi is more risky, but enormous upside... don't know if it was worth Seabrooke, but you've got Babchuk and all, so it's OK.

I've Barker , Babchuck so exactly , I wasn't so worried.

With the addition of Kopitar , moving Yakubov wasn't a problem for me.So , I think , I did well so far...

I needed a forward badly , my best forwards were Bourque , Vorobiev so I had a big problem.

Peter

Mar 1, 2002
Alberta
Visit site
BobMarleyNYR said:
:)
Hey Bob....I PM'd you a while ago re: the 30th pick....get back to me. :)

noodlemike

May 1, 2004
With the 18th Pick, The New York Islanders are proud to select G Tuukka Rask, simply because hes the BPA in our eyes. It also gives us goaltending depth (behind DiPietro) which we lack and it can never hurt to have too many goalies.

Slats 432 is on the clock

GoBuckeyes9

Jul 5, 2004
please close this thread....no caps fan would ever do that trade! AO is the best prospect ever out of russia. it pains me to think someone could make such a terrible trade.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Hedberg16 said:
Here is the current Coyotes blueline (orangeline?)
Paul Mara Derek Morris
Sami Salo Denis Gauthier
Keith Ballard Cale Hulse
Matt Spiller Sean O’Donnell
Still looking to add another D-Man (possibly one coming soon...)

I felt I had to get rid of either Mara or Tanabe and chose Tanabe because he is very injury-prone.

That's great, except that Tanabe is clearly WAY more valuable than Sami Salo for a number of reasons, and Phoenix is now picking 24th overall, rather than 12th overall. What have you accomplished? Yes, you've picked up a third rounder, but at the expense of Phoenix's current NHL blueline corps, and a twelve spot drop in the first round. :clap:

BTW, why did you feel that you "had to get rid of" Mara? He was the best defensen on the squad last season. Do you really love Sami Salo that much?

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
RT, this is a MOCK DRAFT. I know most of these trades are unrealistic, but this is just for fun. You can criticize me after the 9th round. I am sorry I upset you.

Last edited:

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
GoBuckeyes9 said:
please close this thread....no caps fan would ever do that trade! AO is the best prospect ever out of russia. it pains me to think someone could make such a terrible trade.

The Ovechkin-Bouwmeester trade was one of the best yet... after my Bobby Ryan-Joni Pitkanen trade. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad