9 round mock draft thread- 1st round

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
BobMarley, I know I was rather careless giving Pitkanen and a low 1st for Bobby Ryan, Maxim Kondratiev, and a 4th, but I think I can trade up again and get another stud. Besides, Pitkanen will never reach his full potential if he's playing for the Rangers. I kill two birds with one trade. :D

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Never said you were careless, it was a good trade... if you wanna talk about the details, we never even agreed on the 4th pick, I simply included it in the post because it would've been robbery.

You got Ryan and a top 4 d-man... I got one of the best young d-men in the world and McArdle... and, uh, what is your logic in saying Pitkanen will not reach full potential in NY? We have a better developmental system than PHI, so I disagree.

VernonForrest

Feb 20, 2003
San Diego
Senor Rational has until 10:39 hfboards time to make his pick, or there will be the opportunity to steal. 10:39 hfboards time = 7:39 pm est

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
I was just joking about the Rangers thing. You know, "All the talent in the world. . . on the golf course every spring." I was just being cheeky. The Rangers have developed some great talent within their organization. The overpaid underachievers are mostly trade acquisitions and unwise free agent signings. Anyway, I think the trade was a good one. I know Bobby Clarke is all about Ryan, so I tried to pull off a trade that would get him here, even if I did overdo it a little bit. Time will tell.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Yeah it was a fair trade in my eyes. But with Richards, why is Ryan needed... maybe for the same reason Maloney/Sather keep taking goalies!

McArdle, IMO, could be the next Adam Graves. Kondratiev IS very good at what he does (one of the best two-way top 4 d-men in a while), and the 4th round is a round full of sleepers. In any case, we're both gonna leave the first round in good shape.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Hedberg16 said:
RT, this is a MOCK DRAFT. I know most of these trades are unrealistic, but this is just for fun. You can criticize me after the 9th round. I am sorry I upset you.

I realize that it's just a mock draft, and I'm not upset. Although after re-reading my posts, I do realize that they don't exactly qualify as ''constructive'' criticism, and that I do sound like an ass. I guess I was in a bad mood. Sorry. :blush:

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Updated Trade List:

To NYR: 30th, 60th and 90th picks
To Detroit: 35th, 55th and 58th picks

To Florida: Alexander Ovechkin and 9th overall pick (Alex Bourrey)
To Washington: Jay Bouwmeester and 3rd overall pick (Gilbert Brule)

To Los Angeles: 7th overall pick (Marc Staal)
To Nashville: 15th overall pick (Kendal McCardel) and 255th overall pick

To Nashville: Robert Lang (5 Million of his remaining 2 year 10 Million contract paid), Ray Whitney (2 Million of his 3.5 Million contract paid), 58th pick and 270th pick
To Detroit: Richard Stehlik, 15th overall pick (Kendal McCardel) and Konstantin Glazachev

To Carolina: Buffalo 40th pick and Jeff Jillson
To Buffalo: Carolina 36th pick and 4th round pick

To Carolina: David Legwand, Alex Radulov, 58th pick
To Nashville: 6th overall pick (Carey Price), 9th round pick

To Philadelphia: Bobby Ryan, Maxim Kondratiev + 4th round pick
To NYR: Joni Pitkanen and 28th overall

To Nashville: Kiel McLeod
To Phoenix: Rights to Kirill Safronov

To Carolina: Shaone Morrisonn and Sami Lepisto
To Washington: 40th Overall Pick

To Boston: Chad Wiseman & 28th overall
To NYR: 22nd overall pick

To Phoenix: 9th overall pick (Alex Bourret)
To Florida: 12th overall pick (Marek Zagrapan), David Tanabe

To Phoenix : 16th overall pick and 76th overall
To Montreal : 9th overall pick (Alex Bourret)

To Ottawa: Dan Blackburn and Nigel Dawes
To NY Rangers: 29th overall pick

To NYR: 15th pick (Kendall McCardel)
To Detroit: 22nd overall & 29th overall picks

To Detroit: 43rd and 50th
To San Jose: 22nd overall pick

To Vancouver: 16th overall pick (Dan Bertram) and Brad Ference
To Phoenix: 24th overall pick and Sami Salo

To New York Rangers: Dallas 3rd round pick from Vancouver and Dallas 6th
To Dallas: Ryan Callahan

To Chicago : 17th pick (Devin Setoguchi)
To Tampa Bay : 38th pick , Brent Seabrook , Mikhail Yakubov.

TomahawkSniper

Aug 19, 2004
Vancouver
Sabes said:
I believe Senor Rational only has like 45 minutes of his 24 hours left to make his pick
We should just let someone take over St Louis for him.
He hasn't been on for two days. I think Matt Lashoff would be a great pick for them. They need a top defensive prospect.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
VernonForrest said:
Kirk Pederson can take over and make the pick if he desires to do so

Done. I'll also make the rest of their picks if you'll let me, as well as my Toronto responsibilities.

The pick will be made in about an hour.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
The St. Louis Blues are very pleased to select from the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League, defenseman Matt Lashoff.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
With the 24th overall selection, The Phoenix Coyotes are proud to select, from the St. Micheal's Buzzers, ANDREW COGLIANO

The Coyotes believe Cogliano could end up turning out to be as good as or better than Setoguchi, McCardel, or Durand.

:coyotes

TomahawkSniper

Aug 19, 2004
Vancouver
Hedberg16 said:
With the 24th overall selection, The Phoenix Coyotes are proud to select, from the St. Micheal's Buzzers, ANDREW COGLIANO

The Coyotes believe Cogliano could end up turning out to be as good as or better than Setoguchi, McCardel, or Durand.

:coyotes
Awesome pick. I was just about to take him, but at the last second, I went with Durand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad