9 round mock draft thread- 1st round

Status
Not open for further replies.

VernonForrest

Feb 20, 2003
San Diego
reffree has sent me his short list of players and has instructed me to make his pick.

Florida Selects from Chicoutimi of the QMJHL, Marek Zagrapan

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
Trade:
To Ottawa: Dan Blackburn and Nigel Dawes
To NY Rangers: 29th overall pick

Waiting for BobMarleyNYR's confirmation.

With that trade, the Sens get a good, young goalie and a future 2nd liner for many years.
But we lose our first round pick, and we won't pick until the 3rd round. But I'm looking for 1st and 2nd round picks. I'm ready to offer prospects, other players and picks.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Crosby=Gretzky said:
Trade:

With that trade, the Sens get a good, young goalie and a future 2nd liner for many years.
But we lose our first round pick, and we won't pick until the 3rd round. But I'm looking for 1st and 2nd round picks. I'm ready to offer prospects, other players and picks.

Blackburn might never be able to compete in the NHL with the nerve damage in his left shoulder (goals with 2 blockers in the ECHL).

Dawes would not become a 2nd line forward on a team like Ottawa, with the incredible depth they have on offence.

VernonForrest

Feb 20, 2003
San Diego
Crosby=Gretzky said:
Trade:

BobMarley is also on the clock

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
Fozz said:
Blackburn might never be able to compete in the NHL with the nerve damage in his left shoulder (goals with 2 blockers in the ECHL).

Dawes would not become a 2nd line forward on a team like Ottawa, with the incredible depth they have on offence.
....and you don't get much with the 29th pick.
But I see Dawes on the 2nd line in a couple of years(in Ottawa or in any other place).
The 2008-2009 Ottawa Senators(with the trade):
Havlat-Crosby ;) -Hossa
Dawes-Spezza-Kaigorodov
Bochenski-Vermette-Alfie(if he's still around)
Mirnov-Fisher-Eaves

Meszaros-Redden
Chara-Phillips
Lyamin-Volchenkov

Emery
Glass

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Crosby=Gretzky said:
But I see Dawes on the 2nd line in a couple of years(in Ottawa or in any other place).
Havlat-Crosby ;) -Hossa
Dawes-Spezza-Kaigorodov
Mirnov-Fisher-Eaves

Meszaros-Redden
Chara-Phillips
Lyamin-Volchenkov

Emery
Glass

Well if you wanna put it that way, you don't get more than a goalie who might wind up being useless and a good goal-scorer... who is only 5-8 on the mark... I thought it was a fair trade when we made it. plus I secured Pitkanen and 3 first rounders. So hypothetically:

Korpikoski-Crosby-Jessiman
Graham-Immonen-Balej
Olver-Dubinsky-Murray
Bahensky-Helminen-Moore
Ex. Giroux, Prucha, Moore, Walsh

Pitkanen-Tyutin
05 Draftee-Baranka
Liffiton-Pock or Taylor

Lundqvist
Montoya

Yes sir, we'll play the Sens anyday! :)

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
Detroit is hearing offers for the 15th overall pick. The Wings are looking for a late first round pick (25th-30th)and early to mid 2nd round pick (31st-49th) or good defenseman Prospects or two 2nd round picks and a propect. PM me your offers.

I will be trading this pick or making a selection by 4 pm today.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Crosby=Gretzky said:
Havlat-Crosby ;) -Hossa
Dawes-Spezza-Kaigorodov
Mirnov-Fisher-Eaves

Meszaros-Redden
Chara-Phillips
Lyamin-Volchenkov

Emery
Glass

The 29th could land you something very good, especially the way the Sens draft. They just might find a gem at that position. Plus, Dawes was only a 5th round choice... There's a reason for that.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Hedberg16 said:
TRADE

PHOENIX: 9th pick
FLORIDA: 12th pick, David Tanabe.

Waiting for confirmation

Hedberg16 said:
Another Trade:

From Montreal : 16th overall pick and 76th overall
From Phoenix : 9th overall pick

So, essentially what you've done here is trade a relatively inexpensive 24 year old player who, before his injury last season, was Phoenix's average time on ice leader, best puck rushing defensemen, and was on pace for career years in points per game and +/-. A player that they just traded their best defensemen for at the draft before last. A guy who played in the youngstars game just three seasons ago. A guy who was himself a first rounder in the draft just five years ago, all so that you could move DOWN four spots in the first round and pick up a THIRD rounder. BRILLIANT!!! Don't you think you might have been able to pick up that third rounder just by moving down in the first, and without moving one of your team's best defensemen and bright young stars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->