9 round mock draft thread- 1st round

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Yeah... there's a select group of us who do... I'd imagine Cup4Wings and I are top 2!

For me it's the fun of it; providing good avenues for both teams and seeing how well you can do. I'm proud of myself! NYR now has Pitkanen, 2 first rounders, and I like to think we've helped other teams.

All hypothetical, of course, but you get caught up sometimes. :)

Senor Rational

Feb 11, 2004
St. Louis
What number pick are we on? Who has all been chosen? I apologize I've been shuffling school and work for the past week and I'm a bit out of the loop. thank you

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Yeah I cant understand the Phoenix trades at all. Tanabe would never be traded to move up 3 tiny spots. Nor would you get the 9th overall and move up 7 spots with the 76th overall.. more realistically it'd cost a very high 2nd - say 40th overall if you judge by other similar trades.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
pavel datsyuk said:
do you plan on picking any players?

He's shooting for 2nd rounders... first rounders are all good, but it drops off around 27 or so. That'd be a stretch to take, say, Michael Blunden. Instead, trade to 40. It's a good strategy if you want grinders, second liners, even some gems.

Peter

Mar 1, 2002
Alberta
Visit site
Vancouver Canucks trade 24th pick overall and Sami Salo to Phoenix Coyotes for the 16th pick overall and Brad Ference.

Waiting for confirmation.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Peter said:
Vancouver Canucks trade 24th pick overall and Sami Salo to Phoenix Coyotes for the 16th pick overall and Brad Ference.

Horrible trade..... Nonis would be shot if he made this..... Ference sucks ass...Salo is a great d-man..not worth moving up 8 spots when the players are VERY similar.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Peter said:

The ethics are gone! :eek:

You've been robbed to move up a few spots!

EDIT: Oh, and I confirm the above trade.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
FINAL CALL for offensive d-man Thomas Pock... I'd rather not even deal him and it's a bargain for what I'm asking in return. If no one makes an offer I'm trading him to the Wild (also my team in this draft)... I think this will be my last serious trade.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
BobMarleyNYR said:
FINAL CALL for offensive d-man Thomas Pock... I'd rather not even deal him and it's a bargain for what I'm asking in return. If no one makes an offer I'm trading him to the Wild (also my team in this draft)... I think this will be my last serious trade.

I'm not sure you should be allowed to do that (trading guys from one of your teams to the other), it just brings up a host of ethical questions.

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
You can't do that

If we allow that someone with two teams could just take all picks from one team and use it on his other one. It's unfair and you shouldn't be allowed to do it

Peter

Mar 1, 2002
Alberta
Visit site
With the 16th pick overall, previously acquired from the Phoenix Coyotoes, the Vancouver Canucks are pleased to select, from the NCAA, center Dan Bertram.We were pleased to be able to move up in the draft to acquire I player we think will play in our top 6 in a few years. While we gave up a lot on defence we feel that we have the player depth to restock this position and, in the meantime, have Brad Ference to fill in.

Peter

Mar 1, 2002
Alberta
Visit site
Morrison_Rulz said:
Trade:

To New York Rangers: Dallas 3rd(Nucks) and Dallas 6th
To Dallas: Ryan Callahan

You are trading your 3rd but you seem to indicate it is from the Canucks...but I never traded you this pick??? How did you get it?

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Oh yeah... you're right I guess. OK, I won't trade Pock to MIN... 'cause I can't... but I am looking to move him for a 2nd, which is a bargain because at this point in his development, he's worth a late 1st.

Again I want to apologize for scratching that trade in an "unprofessional" manner. I'm trying to do this and a psychology research paper... priorities, priorities.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
If anyone wants to talk trade or draft stuff, etc, I'm in the HF chat room, looking forward to seeing a couple people there.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
OK guys, we need to start taking this picks seriously... I did some math and if we continue at this rate we won't be done till early July. I will be in Ireland then... not suggesting a reduced time limit, let's just impose one on ourselves. As soon as we get the chance, let's give no more than 3 hours to trade or pick. Otherwise people will be dropping out by round 3 and we'll have to abandon it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->