Post-Game Talk: #73 | Flyers at Rangers | March 26, 2024 | Flyers lose 6-5 (OT)

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Hey, he is what he is... Like it hate it. bottom line he is tryign to get the best of this group and so far it is kind of workign but I expect we do nto make it with our goalies playing liek that..

Keeping fingers crossed on this kid from Belarus...
I know he excelled this year in the KHL, but there's just something about him that worries me and I don't exactly know what it is. Ive only seen highlights, and very little of them, but I just don't see him doing well in the NHL. I'll be happy to eat crow on it though

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Who cares when they were out there.... there's enough of a break between the end of the third and the start of OT for those guys to get the rest they need. Just an embarrassing excuse
best and most decorated coach we had since we fired Lavi..

hands down.

Does he have issues? Sure, it is what it is.

Last edited:

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
Guys, fellas it's real easy once you think about it. In order to win in OT you gotta score a goal and John will be damned if he will let his team win by filling the net. That's why he sends out the hard working players first. It's a culture win

Hexxxy

Feb 25, 2017
This team would be actually dangerous on a Stanley cup run this year given it's so wide open if it just had a middle of the road PP

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
This team would be actually dangerous on a Stanley cup run this year given it's so wide open if it just had a middle of the road PP

Not with the goaltending they have been getting

Jets oilers OT

Mcdavid Draisatl Bouchard
Vs Appleton Lowry Morrisey

Another Dino coach going full dino

Jets lose lol

Even tho not off 1st shift

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Ersson was atrocious.

We aren’t getting pre injury Couturier right now. There was zero chance he was starting overtime

The real travesty is 3 goals in 50 games Noah Cates started the overtime. Outside of Deslauriers (who didn’t play) there isn’t a forward I would play after Cates in overtime. He is the worst forward they dressed tonight.

They punted overtime.

Frost Tippett Sanheim
TK Laughton York

These are your first two units. Every. Single. Time.

Wake me up when we miss the playoffs by 1 because of this.

FanForLife

Oct 27, 2018
Winnipeg
It truly is baffling how he’s allowed to just not perform the duties of his job.

It makes Briere and Jones look like clowns to anyone that’s paying attention.

Not with the goaltending they have been getting

Jets oilers OT

Mcdavid Draisatl Bouchard
Vs Appleton Lowry Morrisey

Another Dino coach going full dino

Jets lose lol

Even tho not off 1st shift
I believe Hyman, Nuge, Nurse on for win...imagine that, players that produce goals. what a concept...

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
I am still
Kind of shocked that Torts skipped another press conf. All the proof you need he is the boss of the whole operation
he is a head case. No doubt, not reason to be shocked either. You knew what we were getting when we signed him.

FanForLife

Oct 27, 2018
Winnipeg
Ersson was atrocious.

We aren’t getting pre injury Couturier right now. There was zero chance he was starting overtime

The real travesty is 3 goals in 50 games Noah Cates started the overtime. Outside of Deslauriers (who didn’t play) there isn’t a forward I would play after Cates in overtime. He is the worst forward they dressed tonight.

They punted overtime.

Frost Tippett Sanheim
TK Laughton York

These are your first two units. Every. Single. Time.

Wake me up when we miss the playoffs by 1 because of this.
Like those lines...I'd be ok with Foerster or Farrabee for Laughton, or some combo like that. No Cates, Hathaway, Brink(love him , but slow), Ginning, Attard, Johnson, Lycksell. Maybe Zamula. Maybe Couts.

he is a head case. No doubt, not reason to be shocked either. You knew what we were getting when we signed him.
Fine...skip them when they win than. Does he miss them after a W? If he does, Than I'll cut him some slack there. I bet he doesn't.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
The goaltending situation is totally on Briere. If you were not selling the farm and thinking that they were going for a playoff spot then go out and get at least a decent backup.
Look at what Allen has been doing for Jersey
The goaltending situation is on Hart and a banged up defense that is playing in front of Ersson and whoever else they play in net. Ersson is a rookie that is being terribly over played. There’s no evidence that any other goalie would do better than what they have right now on the back end.
What it really boils down to is that this is a mediocre club at best. Weak up the middle and on defense with the injuries. Time to look to the future not focus on the short term.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Canfly

Nov 25, 2016
The goaltending situation is on Hart and a banged up defense that is playing in front of Ersson and whoever else they play in net. Ersson is a rookie that is being terribly over played. There’s no evidence that any other goalie would do better than what they have right now on the back end.
What it really boils down to is that this is a mediocre club at best. Weak up the middle and on defense with the injuries. Time to look to the future not focus on the short term.
What I'm saying is. If you wanted to go for the playoffs and not sell off players for picks then they should have looked at a decent backup at the deadline instead of relying on Sandstrom and Petterson

Reactions: Amorgus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad