Post-Game Talk: #73 | Flyers at Rangers | March 26, 2024 | Flyers lose 6-5 (OT)

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Shaw says Poehling started OT because he’s “responsible”

“One of our best two way players the last 2-3 months. He’s got a chance to win the faceoff plus he’s responsible both ends of the rink.”

He was also injured…

I do not give a shit about last year... who the f cares?
what losing battle lol..
The one where you defend a stupid strategy that gets the Flyers one OTL after another

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Jesus man....if you have an ounce of a hockey brain, you know this was/is a bad choice. And if you could truly poll other true NHL coaches I'd bet my left nut they'd say "thats stupid"..But hey, everyone is armchair head coach who don't know shit...
lol an unce of brain... Well, obviously, Mr.OunceOfHockeyBrain.. Name me other true coaches in the league..

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
Do you think the Flyers would've won the Cup in 2010 if Lavi threw out Powe and Betts to start 4-on-4 throughout the season?
No but if I knew then what I know now, I would have had someone take out Mikael Grabovski’s knee before the 2011 season in order to save Pronger’s brain and eyeball. That is the lynchpin event for the downfall of this Franchise. We’ve been carrying the cap hit of a number 1 defenseman on LTIR since 2011…. It’s 2024

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
The one where you defend a stupid strategy that gets the Flyers one OTL after another
what strategy, TK line was limping and played on 19th min of the game and I think he had a long shift too, Laughton with Hathaway(who got nicked) were there in the end of the game.. Our goalies have 700 SV% we are lucky we still in it. POEHLING was there... not perfect and not yoru Selke trophy.. what can you do..

ok, who would you put our there against Panarin Fox and that puke Trochek. Lets hear it.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Even this Hilferty buffoon has to know in OT you try and score.

And this puke skipping post games and Briere and Jones allowing it is pathetic

what strategy, TK line was limping and played on 19th min of the game and I think he had a long shift too, Laughton with Hathaway(who got nicked) were there in the end of the game.. Our goalies have 700 SV% we are lucky we still in it. POEHLING was there... not perfect and not yoru Selke trophy.. what can you do..

ok, who would you put our there against Panarin Fox and that puke Trochek. Lets hear it.

Frost Tippet Sanheim

You know our best players.

Reactions: Appleyard and BiggE

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014

This is almost as embarrassing as Torts ducking the post game presser

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017

Frost Tippet Sanheim

Tippet was with Konekny in 19th minute, for sure, I do not remember abotu Sanheim. I just do not,.. Maybe he did not play
Ok Forst... he would lose FO to Trochek for sure and he would be shit on D. Not that I do not like Forst and Love Trots.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It’s not complicated. Put players out who can use the space to score. We have quite a few of them. Again, you can’t play shutdown D 3on3 so don’t even try. Try to score a goal.

The supposed two way stud Poehling weakly turned the puck over along the boards with his gimpy arm FFS.

Reactions: BiggE

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
everyone, you mean armchair head coaches on these boards? lol
Is it armchair head coaching when everyone was making jokes after we tied it up about what Torts was about to do in OT?

It was stupid the first time Torts lost a game this way. It’s damn sure stupid the 3rd time. And half this freaking board read him like a book and knew he was gonna do it again and we’d have the same f***ing result.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Tippet was with Konekny in 19th minute, for sure, I do not remember abotu Sanheim. I just do not,.. Maybe he did not play
Ok Forst... he would lose FO to Trochek for sure and he would be shit on D. Not that I do not like Forst and Love Trots.
Who cares when they were out there.... there's enough of a break between the end of the third and the start of OT for those guys to get the rest they need. Just an embarrassing excuse

Reactions: FanForLife

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
This is almost as embarrassing as Torts ducking the post game presser
Hey, he is what he is... Like it hate it. bottom line he is tryign to get the best of this group and so far it is kind of workign but I expect we do nto make it with our goalies playing liek that..

Keeping fingers crossed on this kid from Belarus...

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
3v3 defense isn’t remotely the same as 5v5 defense, Mr. Shaw. Total baloney. There’s too much ice to do anything but contain and get reset on. Panarin and Zibanejad are such defensive stalwarts.
Listen, we play OT hoping that the puck slips off Panarin’s stick into the corner and Cates and Poehling (using his one arm that was working) can grind them into oblivion. Maybe use their skate to pin the puck against the boards and waste a solid minute, minute and a half? That’s how you win.

Canfly

Nov 25, 2016

Frost Tippet Sanheim

Konecknys speed will shine in the OT as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad