Post-Game Talk: #73 | Flyers at Rangers | March 26, 2024 | Flyers lose 6-5 (OT)

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
The 3 on 3 is a joke. OK, to celebrate when your team wins as it is human nature to battle cause-and-effect but no true hockey fan should look at that garbage and rejoice. It is a broken and flawed measure. The NHL realizes the catastrophic failure of the shootout but is too proud to remove that garbage from the regular season so it went with a nearly surefire way to avoid that gimmick and that is to out-gimmick the gimmick. Sure, the highlight will make ESPN and in typical fashion the substance will be left on the cutting room floor while the glitz will be forwarded.

Reactions: BiggE and Nizzle

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
im starting to think this is some kind of mind trick torts is playing, trying to get some of the team to speak up and cause confrontation.

Canfly

Nov 25, 2016
He tried D cause goalie is dog shit. I've seen Couts turn the puck over in a number of games in OT. Wait, what woud you do? Put Forst there against Panarin? I mean is Frost a monster in OT? Is anyone on this team?

We are f***ing lucky to get a point in this one. We are lucky we went to OT because we have nothing in our net that can give us any confidence.
Why wouldn't you have Koneckny or Tippet out there

FanForLife

Oct 27, 2018
Winnipeg
The problem is he will know he's getting hammered for his OT choices, and it will be more of the same because if he changed it it would be an admission he f***ed up. Which won't happen, or at least take some time to morph into something acceptable. Not dressing Staal lately is the only reason I say this. Torts seems to finally got the message..."he sucks"

Reactions: bennysflyers16

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I legit wouldn't play Couts in 3-on-3 OT right now. :laugh:

After I posted it I honestly realized Foerster & Farabee escaped my mind, almost about most other options would have made more sense than Cates & Poehling. The only way I’m throwing them out there is if the thing went the distance & you’ve ran through mostly everybody else but even then I’m not sure. :laugh:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Flyers starting center in OT

IMG_2419.jpeg

A save in the last 20+ minutes of the game would have been just super
Ersson agrees with you. He said he needed to make a couple more saves there in the 3rd.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
He tried D cause goalie is dog shit. I've seen Couts turn the puck over in a number of games in OT. Wait, what woud you do? Put Forst there against Panarin? I mean is Frost a monster in OT? Is anyone on this team?

We are f***ing lucky to get a point in this one. We are lucky we went to OT because we have nothing in our net that can give us any confidence.
With all do respect, Bullshit.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
You absolutely do not go into the 3v3 with the mindset of defense. The whole situation is created to be anything but defense. You send out a line with the thought of getting the puck & making a scoring chance count because all it might take is that very first chance for either team like NY showed tonight.

Once the horn sounds for the end of the third period they would have been better off telling Tortorella to head back to the locker room.

FanForLife

Oct 27, 2018
Winnipeg
everyone, you mean armchair head coaches on these boards? lol
Jesus man....if you have an ounce of a hockey brain, you know this was/is a bad choice. And if you could truly poll other true NHL coaches I'd bet my left nut they'd say "thats stupid"..But hey, everyone is armchair head coach who don't know shit...

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
They were right last year when his ridiculous 2D in OT strategy failed over and over and they’re right now. Picking another losing battle, dude.
I do not give a shit about last year... who the f cares?
what losing battle lol..

These are the worst excuses I’ve ever heard
what excuses.. those were the times... and by the way TK was limping too in the end of the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad