Post-Game Talk: #73 | Flyers at Rangers | March 26, 2024 | Flyers lose 6-5 (OT)

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I hate them a whisker less than the Pens, and in some ways more. At least when we lose to the Pens I can point to the generational talents they have. Rags seem to be a thorn in our side no matter their roster or coach. And I hate their goalie chants. Tippett scoring in the middle of IGOR! IGOR! was the highlight of the game for me.
I'm not saying that I don't understand. I used to feel the same way about them, same with the Giants. But hate is such a corrosive emotion. It eats away at your soul. I never really hated the Pens though, because growing up they were basically irrelevant. And you can't really hate Mario.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
This all goes back to when they first implemented the shootout and the Flyers were 5-55 or whatever it was over a stretch and they just shrugged their shoulders and said we don’t care. Does this organization care about 3 on 3 OT?
Someone ask the question. Hey Bill if you are out there how about you ask it because the eye test shows they don’t care( not the players). If they happen to win good if they don’t I don’t think they give a shit.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The Flyers are pretty good in the SO under Torts (.600) so of course to balance that they had to become the worst OT team in the league. :laugh:

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
I'm not saying that I don't understand. I used to feel the same way about them, same with the Giants. But hate is such a corrosive emotion. It eats away at your soul. I never really hated the Pens though, because growing up they were basically irrelevant. And you can't really hate Mario.

I feel you. My "hate" for anything sports related is more hyperbole than any real strong feelings.

I actually did like Mario as a kid, although I didn't watch much hockey back then. I was all about Football and Basketball.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This all goes back to when they first implemented the shootout and the Flyers were 5-55 or whatever it was over a stretch and they just shrugged their shoulders and said we don’t care. Does this organization care about 3 on 3 OT?
Someone ask the question. Hey Bill if you are out there how about you ask it because the eye test shows they don’t care( not the players). If they happen to win good if they don’t I don’t think they give a shit.

I have a fuzzy memory of them basically bragging about refusing to practice the shootout more or less as organizational policy. Most of those people are still around and influential.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
The Flyers are pretty good in the SO under Torts (.600) so of course to balance that they had to become the worst OT team in the league. :laugh:
Isn't 90% of that down to Ersson being a pretty spectacular shootout goalkeeper?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad