Post-Game Talk: #73 | Flyers at Rangers | March 26, 2024 | Flyers lose 6-5 (OT)

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
The goaltending situation is on Hart and a banged up defense that is playing in front of Ersson and whoever else they play in net. Ersson is a rookie that is being terribly over played. There’s no evidence that any other goalie would do better than what they have right now on the back end.
What it really boils down to is that this is a mediocre club at best. Weak up the middle and on defense with the injuries. Time to look to the future not focus on the short term.
its on Danny...Hart is what he is..a potential scumbag..but Danny knew..tried to move him..had ample time to bring in a better backup...could have claimed Raanta but did nothing

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
What I'm saying is. If you wanted to go for the playoffs and not sell off players for picks then they should have looked at a decent backup at the deadline instead of relying on Sandstrom and Petterson
They are going to make the POs and get bounced in five. The competition-Caps and Wings are worse. The Flyers are what they are- a mediocre club with a shortage of talent up the middle along with a banged up defense and led by a clown behind the bench who’s more intent with screwing up player’s heads than winning games. Don’t expect much here.

Canfly

Nov 25, 2016
Raanta was such an easy move.
Allen went for a tiny bit more than EJ

This is all on Briere and Torts
3rd round pick in 2025 when we have 2 picks in the first and 2 picks in the second round that year would not have hurt to much. I would have more faith in Allen than Raanta

There’s no evidence that any marginal NHL goalie would do better than Ersson or Sandstrom has with this club.
Not saying Ersson. They have absolutely no faith in Sandstrom or Petterson. If you had even Jake Allen could have platooned the two

Canfly

Nov 25, 2016
They are going to make the POs and get bounced in five. The competition-Caps and Wings are worse. The Flyers are what they are- a mediocre club with a shortage of talent up the middle along with a banged up defense and led by a clown behind the bench who’s more intent with screwing up player’s heads than winning games. Don’t expect much here.
Didn't say I was expecting much but obviously Briere was by not getting more picks

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Only read page 1. That was the best, or at least for me personally, most hyped Flyers game I've seen in years.

NOAH f***ING CATES IN OT!!!????

I actually like Cates, in his role. Poehling at least has wheels, but was obviously hobbled. This was honestly the first time in years I was yelling at my TV and he puts out that in OT? I guess 3v3 isn't honest enough. I seriously wanted that one more than any game in a long time and I get Cates and Poehling in OT????

Trade TORTS back to the Rags

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
best and most decorated coach we had since we fired Lavi..

hands down.

Does he have issues? Sure, it is what it is.
It shouldn’t just be “it is what it is”. If you’re asking from complete accountability in your locker room and you want your players to own and grow from their mistakes, you should be doing the same.

There’s absolutely zero excuse for Torts to make the same goddamn mistake a 2nd time, let alone a THIRD TIME. And then to not even have the balls to face the media and either defend your buffoonery or own your mistake? That’s spineless.

I’ve defended Torts time and again, and you can’t deny the results, but at a certain point you have to start asking yourself if he’s really the difference making factor here, or if some of our players are succeeding IN SPITE of his cruel mind games and stuck in his ways tactics.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Great game

Hate the OT strategy. In theory its genius if Poehling and Cates can get the puck or absorb the punch, and get the opposing top line off the ice…problem with this strategy is that, we never get the puck, and they never absorb the punch

Ersson gotta make a save tonight. Sorry but he let the team down

Exactly.
But if the strategy was to absorb the puck, Couts should have been out there to take the faceoff.
It's more like a half assed strategy: go with someone who can skate but not finish, someone who is not bad but also not good at faceoffs. Mediocrity won't tip the scale.

Reactions: BernieParent

GrkFlyersFan

Jul 30, 2011
South Jersey
Yeah, overall I know Torts is the engine that makes this team go and he'll get the credit if/when we make it, and I thought he had a rare moment of accountability today when he apologized to both Sandstrom and Jordan Hall, then he has Shaw answer for him tonight? Also, he's been doing stupid things in OT at a minimum since he's been here.

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
f*** off Torts. Honestly, what a f***ing shitshow.

These points matter. Just because he's a f***ing dinosaur that doesn't like OT, it's like he's pulling some weird ass protest.

Also, how about a f***ing save Sam? It's OT and your team has bailed you out 5 f***ing times and you can't make a save on an unscreened wrist shot from the point? f*** off.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
TK was on the ice on 19th min of the game
Laughton was on the ice in the last min of the reg time.
WHy what? did Poehling have a bad game? Why not him?
1st of all Poehling, while not a bad player, is not the best center on the team, plain and simple (he is already on his 3rd/4th team)
2nd he was injured. He was visibly injured at the end of the 3rd (he did not get injured in OT)
3rd if you have to have Poehling out why put him out there with Cates. It is akin to going into a 48 flavors ice cream store and getting a scoop of vanilla, without jimmies

Reactions: Rebels57

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
1st of all Poehling, while not a bad player, is not the best center on the team, plain and simple (he is already on his 3rd/4th team)
2nd he was injured. He was visibly injured at the end of the 3rd (he did not get injured in OT)
3rd if you have to have Poehling out why put him out there with Cates. It is akin to going into a 48 flavors ice cream store and getting a scoop of vanilla, without jimmies

People cannot even argue the whole "win the faceoff" things with Poehling and OT.

Poehling is a good depth C... but he is not Couturier on the draw. Heck, Frost is basically identical to him in terms of the draw. In fact, on balance Frost is probably a marginally better FO man that Poehling going off their NHL careers so far.

Reactions: BernieParent

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
NYR fan comes in peace. As an outsider I think your team has some impressive looking offensive players. Koneckny, Farabe, and Tibbet all look legit. Never heard of a couple of your guys that looked good as well.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
NYR fan comes in peace. As an outsider I think your team has some impressive looking offensive players. Koneckny, Farabe, and Tibbet all look legit. Never heard of a couple of your guys that looked good as well.

Were you also impressed by the super skilled offensive wizards of Noah Cates/Ryan Poehling who started OT yesterday for the Flyers?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00