Post-Game Talk: #73 | Flyers at Rangers | March 26, 2024 | Flyers lose 6-5 (OT)

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Poehling couldn’t hold his stick… and he still went out there before Frost, TK, Tippett, Farabee, Laughton, Foerster, Brink and Couturier.

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
wait Trots fault.??

He has 2 rookies on D, broken Johnson, two 2nd year D York & Zamula, a rookie in the net, 3 fwds rookies etc etc.

we are playing top team on the road in their barn..
Team looked great, analytics support the eye test too. OT Torts sucked but I’ll shut my mouth for regulation criticism of Torts - they dominated play

Reactions: FromOyVey2Matvei

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Remaining schedule for Washington: @TOR, vs BOS, @BUF, vs PIT, @ CAR, vs OTT, @DET, vs BUF, @TB, vs BOS, @PHI

Remaining schedule for Philadelphia: @ MON, vs CHI, vs NYI, @BUF, @ CBJ, @ MON, @ NYR, vs NJ, vs WSH

Tougher test for Washington, but no cake walk for Philly.

Someone's going to earn that last spot.
2010 all over again. Come down to the last game of the season, then they go on a Cinderella run to make it to the finals

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
Great game

Hate the OT strategy. In theory its genius if Poehling and Cates can get the puck or absorb the punch, and get the opposing top line off the ice…problem with this strategy is that, we never get the puck, and they never absorb the punch

Ersson gotta make a save tonight. Sorry but he let the team down
I can even understand Poehling… when he isn’t gimpy, he’s fast and he’s your best faceoff man. BUT WHY CATES?!? Overtime is all about speed and skill. The only way you get a chance to forecheck is if someone screwed up big time. If you win the draw, Cates does nothing. If you lose the draw, Cates also does absolutely nothing to help dispossess the Rangers of the puck or force them back out of the zone.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Was very entertained at least, caps won, pull within a point of us as well, also wtf was that ot lineup?

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
His OT strategy is straight dog shit
He tried D cause goalie is dog shit. I've seen Couts turn the puck over in a number of games in OT. Wait, what woud you do? Put Forst there against Panarin? I mean is Frost a monster in OT? Is anyone on this team?

We are f***ing lucky to get a point in this one. We are lucky we went to OT because we have nothing in our net that can give us any confidence.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I can even understand Poehling… when he isn’t gimpy, he’s fast and he’s your best faceoff man. BUT WHY CATES?!? Overtime is all about speed and skill. The only way you get a chance to forecheck is if someone screwed up big time. If you win the draw, Cates does nothing. If you lose the draw, Cates also does absolutely nothing to help dispossess the Rangers of the puck or force them back out of the zone.

I just wanna see 48, 11, 8 or 21, 74, 6

Reactions: FromOyVey2Matvei

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He tried D cause goalie is dog shit. I've seen Couts turn the puck over in a number of games in OT. Wait, what woud you do? Put Forst there against Panarin? I mean is Frost a monster in OT? Is anyone on this team?

We are f***ing lucky to get a point in this one. We are lucky we went to OT because we have nothing in our net that can give us any confidence.
This is absolute nonsense. Not every dumb decision needs to be defended.

If the goalie is shit the smart play is to try and win the game, not play shut down in 3on3. That won’t ever work.

Canfly

Nov 25, 2016
The goaltending situation is totally on Briere. If you were not selling the farm and thinking that they were going for a playoff spot then go out and get at least a decent backup.
Look at what Allen has been doing for Jersey

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014

Lol. He used the same shit strategy last time and it failed in just about the same amount of time. Not starting with your best players in OT is inexcusable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad