Post-Game Talk: #7 | Predators at FLYERS | Thu. Oct. 19, 7:00 pm ET

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
In 7 games Flyers were SO twice. I do not want to get too worried but that's kind of a lot?

Well, look at the goalies who shut them out. Quick who is playing as well as anyone right now and Rinne. It isn't like they are getting shut down by scrub goalies.
1-0 loss. sometimes you just tip your hat to their other goalie. move on and get ready for Saturday.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Errors happen. It's never mistake free in sports. Sadly, we have a group of players that commit more errors than others. However, the error on the goal should have been erased by backcheckers and a goalie, and that did not occur.

I am more upset with the offence. You can't lend 0 offensive support to your goalie and hope to win.

Reactions: orangecrush8

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
they still had 5 PP chances. Still don't seem like the Flyers get a PP chance in the last 2 minutes with a chance to tie it that often. Would of been nice to get one there. But hey they are still 3-3 after 6. Some said we would be 0-6
#glasshalffull

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Well, look at the goalies who shut them out. Quick who is playing as well as anyone right now and Rinne. It isn't like they are getting shut down by scrub goalies.
1-0 loss. sometimes you just tip your hat to their other goalie. move on and get ready for Saturday.
I do tip my hat to Rinne, but, frankly, he had very few difficult saves today. The offence just did not click today. 2nd and 3d line were not the same with Weal out, Simmer playing hurt, and Lehtera in.
Voracrek needs to be better, period.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
"Lehts played a rock solid game"

"Lehts did a good job"

... GUESS WHAT HEAD NHL COACH JUST SAID THAT!

So I'm the only one who really picked up on the fact that when CSN abruptly switched from Hak's presser to the Post Game studio, Clement got caught muttering "hope not"?

Someone clearly alerted him, because he tried covering it up right when they were going off the air by pointing out he thought Lehtera played well.

Hilarious.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Why do you expect Hakstol to slam players for their lack of talent to the media?
And if he did so, do you think his players would want to play for him?

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
Don’t understand why we’re blaming that goal on either Flip or Macdonald. It looked pretty clear to me that it was primarily Simmer’s fault. He had rotated back to the point and pinched when he absolutely shouldn’t have. I love the guy as much as anyone but let’s call a spade a spade here.

Disappointed in the result but not in this team. That was a very good hockey team playing a very good hockey team. Watching the rangers - islanders game afterwards and during breaks was like watching an AHL game compared to the Flyers game. Very encouraged overall.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I do tip my hat to Rinne, but, frankly, he had very few difficult saves today. The offence just did not click today. 2nd and 3d line were not the same with Weal out, Simmer playing hurt, and Lehtera in.
Voracrek needs to be better, period.

Yeah much like the LA game.

We werent around the net enough.

They passed too much and didnt make life too difficult on Rinne.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
they still had 5 PP chances. Still don't seem like the Flyers get a PP chance in the last 2 minutes with a chance to tie it that often. Would of been nice to get one there. But hey they are still 3-3 after 6. Some said we would be 0-6
#glasshalffull

We are 4-3

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Don’t understand why we’re blaming that goal on either Flip or Macdonald. It looked pretty clear to me that it was primarily Simmer’s fault. He had rotated back to the point and pinched when he absolutely shouldn’t have. I love the guy as much as anyone but let’s call a spade a spade here.

Disappointed in the result but not in this team. That was a very good hockey team playing a very good hockey team. Watching the rangers - islanders game afterwards and during breaks was like watching an AHL game compared to the Flyers game. Very encouraged overall.

Mostly on simmer but amac can't handle a perfect pass, typical.

And flip clearly quit on the play for no reason. He was in good shape to make a play

Reactions: flyersjim73

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I know they won those 2 games convincingly but might be time for some tweaks in the middle 6- or bumping the 4th line’s minutes. Patrick’s line got crushed again. He hasn’t been on the ice for a goal against yet, but he’s tempting fate.

... but..... but they won those two games so it proved that anyone questioning Hakstols lines was wrong... right?

It proved Giroux at LW was the best possible spot.
It proved Filppula at C was a good idea.
It proved Weise was fine on that line.
It proved it didn't matter if Manning was in.

At least... that's what I was told.

Hmmm.... weird....

Reactions: Rebels57

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There is nothing wrong with this lineup, they hung in there with Nashville, they could have scored 3 or 4 goals with a few breaks, overall it was an even game against a team that went to the finals.

What people need to do is relax, this team is much improved, and next year it will be even better.
Which is all we can really ask for.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The team is better than last year, so that means we shouldn't try to have the best possible line/pair combinations at all times? That's a really low bar for success and contentment.

This lineup can be improved... so it should be improved.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I really don't get Jake criticism. The fact that you don't excel in one part of the game doesn't make you a garbage player. Burns just won Norris and he is dreadful in dzone.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
The team is better than last year, so that means we shouldn't try to have the best possible line/pair combinations at all times? That's a really low bar for success and contentment.

This lineup can be improved... so it should be improved.
Our LW depth in this game was G, Lehtera, Weise and Leier. Even if they refuse to play Lindblom or Read, why not try Vecchione or Martel instead?
Vandevelde, Weise, Gordon cranking up the leadership quota while Weal was wasting away in Ahl. Different names same logic, Hakslogic. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I am watching replay of goals by Preds.. Maybe coaching staff told MacDonald to take chances so FLyers could trade him? I mean, what the f is he doing in between faceoff circles near Rinne? I just do not get it

It's obvious that he has no hockey IQ in addition to no skills. Islander fans warned us.

That play cost us the goal and was the difference. We had a lack luster game and felt weal not being in. That was the real issue. Can't win them all. Our play up to this game had us at 5-1 and we should be 5-2 which is a lot better than 4-3 sounds. That and Sanhiem are the pluses.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Frustrating game. Sanheim is great. Lehtera isn't great nor looks like an NHL player. I would prefer Read. Refs were just bad at their job.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

I agree Jim. I'll have to see the replay to make sure I'm right -- could be wrong -- but that was certainly my initial impression.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad