Post-Game Talk: #7 | Predators at FLYERS | Thu. Oct. 19, 7:00 pm ET

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016
The Simmer-Filp-Lehtera line was as ineffective as that line sounds. Never thought Jordan Weal would be this much of a difference maker.

Ghost took a lot of chances that didn't really pan out, not his best game. Hagg on the other hand looked as solid as usual. That pairing still smells really good though.

They didn't play all that poorly but for the love of christ the inaccurate shooting and questionable shot selection was what killed us tonight. Shit happens.

The Preds sweeping us after letting the Pens win the cup last June is just salt in an open wound.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Preds were clogging the lanes (especially on Ghost), but yeah, get anything through and hope Wayne does his thing. Doesn't help that Filppula is a complete non-threat in the slot. Opposing teams can leave him there all day and he can't even get in position to receive a pass for a shot.

Would love to try Laught in a shooters role , but will never happen.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Not one Flyer even considered shooting that whole minute. Not even getting a shot on net down 1 with a min PP is comical.

I think it's time for TK to be out in that scenario, or Provy or Sanheim with Ghost

Or just don’t make mad changes based off one game? We just got Rinne’d. It happens. We’ll be fine. Edmonton have no defence so we’ll go back to 6-5 on Saturday I’m sure.

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
overall we played well. lavi just shut us down. preds were all over us and rinne was red hot. a lot to like from this game even though it was a frustrating loss.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Someone gif that Couturier pass for a certain someone to pleasure himself to.

He'll have a real "Orange is the New Black" moment.

tenor.gif

Reactions: kelmitchell

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Would love to try Laught in a shooters role , but will never happen.
I've been screaming since last year to have Jake in that spot, rotate Ghost down to the half wall in Jake's current spot and to put Provorov up top. Jake's size would be a handful in the slot for forwards to handle, and Ghost wouldn't get pinched out as much with teams already cheating towards Giroux's half of the ice. Plus, Ghost taking one-timers from just above the faceoff dot? Give me that all day.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Filppula and Weise still getting shifts with 3 minutes left down by 1.

No shots on goal on a 6 on 4 is truly pathetic.

Ive never seen a less creative coach in all of my f***ing life. Flip still on that unit instead of a guy that can shoot? Patrick? Konecny?

I dont give a f*** how many PP assists Voracek has. He sucks ass on the PP in that spot. His pass/shot selection is AHL level and his shot strength is Beer League level. He needs to be behind the net or at the goal line in a pass only position.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
I've been screaming since last year to have Jake in that spot, rotate Ghost down to the half wall in Jake's current spot and to put Provorov up top. Jake's size would be a handful in the slot for forwards to handle, and Ghost wouldn't get pinched out as much with teams already cheating towards Giroux's half of the ice. Plus, Ghost taking one-timers from just above the faceoff dot? Give me that all day.
Jakes shot isnt all that good though lol

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Or just don’t make mad changes based off one game? We just got Rinne’d. It happens. We’ll be fine. Edmonton have no defence so we’ll go back to 6-5 on Saturday I’m sure.
He means on the PP with 2 extra guy. I like Couts and he should be on that last PP for net/slot reasons insteD of Flip. But adding another shooter up high besides ghost is needed in that situation.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
If Devils lost with Sens, then that will be ok for us I think. We have 8 points and CBJ as a leader of our division has 10. That's fine.

Unlucky game, f***ing AMac, very good Rinne... I hope that we will win at Saturday vs Oilers.

Good night, guys.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Not to single the guy out but Lehtera can’t play next game. He’s cooked & Filppula/Simmonds aren’t particularly strong enough 5v5 players to carry the burden. The two of them need someone to prop them up if anything.
Yup, Lehtera is done in this league. When even Hak can forego his veteran love affair to scratch him, you know he's done.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Filppula and Weise still getting shifts with 3 minutes left down by 1.

No shots on goal on a 6 on 4 is truly pathetic.

Ive never seen a less creative coach in all of my ****ing life. Flip still on that unit instead of a guy that can shoot? Patrick? Konecny?

I dont give a **** how many PP assists Voracek has. He sucks ass on the PP in that spot. His pass/shot selection is AHL level and his shot strength is Beer League level. He needs to be behind the net or at the goal line in a pass only position.
Don't forget putting Dale in Simmonds' spot on pp1 instead of literally anyone else when the latter was in the locker room :laugh:

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Bad line and bad Dpair

5v5 Corsi....

Simmonds - 23%
Filppula - 20%
Lehtera "2 1st rd picks" - 15%

Ghost - 29%
Hagg "little things"- 25%

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad