OT: 61st Obsequious Banter Thread: Peppermint Fatty Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I've been wanting to get back into with friends, but outside of maybe one person that I know, they don't want to. We basically play only PUBG on PC. I've been trying to convince them to play Fortnite but they want nothing to do with the building aspects. If anything, I want to play it with them because the game actually doesn't run like shit.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
You can play that solo, eh? That's interesting. I dislike most of the people on Earth except the ones on this board, so I prefer my multiplayer games less multi.
Yea you can do solo, duo, or squad (4). I've never played PUBG, but it's supposedly the exact same concept with visual differences and the ability to build things in Fortnite.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Yea you can do solo, duo, or squad (4). I've never played PUBG, but it's supposedly the exact same concept with visual differences and the ability to build things in Fortnite.

I don't know if you have ever heard of that game "Terraria," but that is my jam. I have thousands of hours in there. Tons of crafting and building. You even get to fight Martians near the end. And no other players invade my precious space. I'm still waiting for them to finish "Terraria 2," but they are moving at a George R.R.R.R.R. Martin snail's pace.

Reactions: TroutHockey

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I don't know if you have ever heard of that game "Terraria," but that is my jam. I have thousands of hours in there. Tons of crafting and building. You even get to fight Martians near the end. And no other players invade my precious space. I'm still waiting for them to finish "Terraria 2," but they are moving at a George R.R.R.R.R. Martin snail's pace.
I've heard of it through friends but never got into myself. Seems pretty fun. I assume you're a PC guy? I'm a console guy myself, which I know limits my gaming possibilities. You are like Bradley Cooper in that movie where he eats that pill and gets to use like 3000% of his brain power compared to my lowly 12%.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I've heard of it through friends but never got into myself. Seems pretty fun. I assume you're a PC guy? I'm a console guy myself, which I know limits my gaming possibilities. You are like Bradley Cooper in that movie where he eats that pill and gets to use like 3000% of his brain power compared to my lowly 12%.

I have to tell you something I have said on here before. I know Bradley Cooper is a Philadelphia guy, but he is also a nostril guy, and nostril guys can't be trusted - it is known. So I'm not really like him for that reason. And the idea that I am using 3000% of my brain is really, really funny :laugh: You should see how utterly hopeless I am with my button work on this thing. Guys with stumps for hands are better gamers, I'm sure. That's another reason I like to play alone (one could say "play with myself"), aside from all the hatred of humanity - my handiwork/handcraft/fingering is embarrassing, which is what she said, or would if you asked her.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I play Fortnite everyday. Last night, Drake, Travis Scott, and JuJu Smith Schuster teamed up with Ninja (a youtuber) and broke records for number of twitch viewers
Heard about that but didn't see any of it. I know that Ninja dude is supposedly unreal at the game. Did he just carry the others or can they hold their own?

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I have to tell you something I have said on here before. I know Bradley Cooper is a Philadelphia guy, but he is also a nostril guy, and nostril guys can't be trusted - it is known. So I'm not really like him for that reason. And the idea that I am using 3000% of my brain is really, really funny :laugh: You should see how utterly hopeless I am with my button work on this thing. Guys with stumps for hands are better gamers, I'm sure. That's another reason I like to play alone (one could say "play with myself"), aside from all the hatred of humanity - my handiwork/handcraft/fingering is embarrassing, which is what she said, or would if you asked her.
I was pretty sure Bradley Cooper was on your list, but forgot it was due to his affiliation with team nostril. Is it size/shape of the nostrils that gets you? Or excessive flaring of said nostrils? I know you've gone into it at length in the past but can't remember.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

I'm gonna need you to go ahead and give Cooper a pass for the nostrils. He's an awesome Philadelphian.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It's a free multiplayer shooter, which I think is the main catch. It's nothing fancy to look at and nothing groundbreaking in general, but fun to play with bros.

So it's the whole free thing that is the big catch?

What's the deal with the forts? You can build them as you are in battle?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Fortnite and PUBG are the kind of games I could picture me and I my best friends growing up playing. Had a handful of us who were so f***ing tight playing together through middle school-college. We were not casual gamers. Last couple years they’ve been playing less and less to almost none. My buddy told us to download Fornite, played it for an hour or two, they have been MIA, never played it again. Real life bahhhh humbug.

Still basically just playing Witcher 3 for SP (just have last act of story left; basically all side things done.....then expansions) and NHL18 6s for MP. Sea of Thieves looks cool and I should try the beta. Another game my buddies and I would have probably enjoyed.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
So it's the whole free thing that is the big catch?

What's the deal with the forts? You can build them as you are in battle?
I feel like the freeness of it adds to the popularity. Plus it's available on basically every platform.

Yea you have to "harvest" materials by smashing them with your pickaxe and then can use them to build ramps, forts, barricades, etc. You can easily go up and over any buildings/mountains rather than going around them too. Lots of building happens as soon as shots are fired so there are places to take cover. You can shoot/bust down anything in the game too.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I was pretty sure Bradley Cooper was on your list, but forgot it was due to his affiliation with team nostril. Is it size/shape of the nostrils that gets you? Or excessive flaring of said nostrils? I know you've gone into it at length in the past but can't remember.

I won't put everyone through that again, but basically, the greater the nostril circumference, the greater the untrustworthiness. It's not something I can explain, but it's real.

I'm gonna need you to go ahead and give Cooper a pass for the nostrils. He's an awesome Philadelphian.

Nope lol - I have my standards, Reb, and giant nostrils are a no-fly zone.

Reactions: TroutHockey

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Alias! That's what it was. I was trying to remember what made me take notice of his terrible nostrils and it was that. HATED that character. And that character's nostrils.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Haven't been able to watch any NCAA yet today because exams + class, but looking at the scoreboard Penn's only down by 8?? Get it Penn!

Also, I don't want to brag or anything, but I'm 3/3 in my bracket so far :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad