OT: 61st Obsequious Banter Thread: Peppermint Fatty Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I usually get them, but one movie I'm not really all too interested in when it comes to that shit is Primer. I did try to watch his follow up movie, Upstream Color and I really didn't like the first 30 minutes. f***ing asshole character.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Wife works tonight and there's no Flyers, Sixers, or Avs on.

Suggest something that I should watch to fill my time, please.

New series "Counterpart" - it's excellent. The perfect role for exasperated basset hound J.K. Simmons.

If you want a movie, go back and watch "Miller's Crossing" if you are feeling mentally sharp - if you just want to relax your brain, watch "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow"

Just some less obvious choices, maybe you wouldn't have thought of.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
New series "Counterpart" - it's excellent. The perfect role for exasperated basset hound J.K. Simmons.

If you want a movie, go back and watch "Miller's Crossing" if you are feeling mentally sharp - if you just want to relax your brain, watch "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow"

I'm definitely more of a relax my brain during a weeknight kind of guy.

Deadhead deflecting a yes/no question

That is what keeps me awake at night.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I'm definitely more of a relax my brain during a weeknight kind of guy.

"Spies Like Us" and "Raising Arizona" have aged well, as has "Caddyshack"
Maybe like one of the Jack Reacher films, or "John Wick"
Or you could watch the series "This Is Us" if you are interested in losing the will to live. That doesn't have anything to do with anything, except that it is on in the background right now and I am, indeed, losing the will to live.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY

Sky Captain is one of those movies like Hook where the music is waaay better than the movie itself. Still fun movies though and Sky Captain truly nailed the pulp serial look and tone they were going for.

I just started watching Penny Dreadful because it looks like League of Extraordinary Gentleman: The Series but HAS to be better than that horrible movie adaptation. Netflix this month is killing it with big season 2 releases. Jessica Jones is out, next week is Santa Clarita Diet, and then A Series of Unfortunate Events comes back on the 30th. I'm not that excited for Jessica but the other two series I've loved so far.

And anyone who hasn't seen both Raising Arizona and the Big Lebowski but loves one or the other needs to complete the set.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I usually get them, but one movie I'm not really all too interested in when it comes to that **** is Primer. I did try to watch his follow up movie, Upstream Color and I really didn't like the first 30 minutes. ****ing ******* character.

I really liked Primer lol.

Upstream Color was awful though.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I really liked Primer lol.

Upstream Color was awful though.

Seriously, I couldn't stand how f***ing terrible the guy was in the beginning. I mean, f*** that guy.

Another side thing, I've seen quite of lot of what Brit Marling has done and... I swear she is literally the same character in every movie/show.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The only thing ive seen Brit Marling in is the Netflix series The OA, which she is perfectly cast for.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I always try my best to not watch shows while they're running because I don't have the patience to wait week-to-week.

I have to watch a season at a time.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Seriously, I couldn't stand how ****ing terrible the guy was in the beginning. I mean, **** that guy.

Another side thing, I've seen quite of lot of what Brit Marling has done and... I swear she is literally the same character in every movie/show.
Only thing I’ve ever seen her in is I origins. It’s really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad