Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
@Magua Please tell me you picked Yenn.

Did I pick Yen..........

Before I played Witcher 3, I played Witcher 2, where Yen wasn't around and Triss was the interest of Geralt's genetically mutated heart. But I also read up on the backstory from the Witcher novels via wiki pages and forum summaries, so I wouldn't go in cold and would have a firm grasp on the world and characters. For how long that game is, a few hours reading up was the least I could do. I'm also borderline OCD lol.

So, did I pick Yen? Of course I f***ing picked Yen, amigo! I ain't gettin' in the way of Geralt of Rivia's true love and Ciri's surrogate mama (as she was in the books and the game definitely steers you in that direction). She's also a more mysterious, richer character. I like Triss and she's more down-to-earth, but she's a little......fawning. Going deep here, but in the novels she actually put a spell on Geralt to woo him. Yen no like.

What am I going on about lol? WITCHER TV SERIES ON NETFLIX COMING SOON. Quality tbd.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
075.jpg

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
Did I pick Yen..........

Before I played Witcher 3, I played Witcher 2, where Yen wasn't around and Triss was the interest of Geralt's genetically mutated heart. But I also read up on the backstory from the Witcher novels via wiki pages and forum summaries, so I wouldn't go in cold and would have a firm grasp on the world and characters. For how long that game is, a few hours reading up was the least I could do. I'm also borderline OCD lol.

So, did I pick Yen? Of course I ****ing picked Yen, amigo! I ain't gettin' in the way of Geralt of Rivia's true love and Ciri's surrogate mama (as she was in the books and the game definitely steers you in that direction). She's also a more mysterious, richer character. I like Triss and she's more down-to-earth, but she's a little......fawning. Going deep here, but in the novels she actually put a spell on Geralt to woo him. Yen no like.

What am I going on about lol? WITCHER TV SERIES ON NETFLIX COMING SOON. Quality tbd.
You should play the first one, obviously the graphics aren't spectacular and the combat is a little clunky but the story is great. It took me a little to get invested but after a few hours I forgot I was playing a 10 year old game. It has a lot of charm, and an incredible atmosphere. I ended up playing through a second time right after to do things I missed out on and get some special gear that carries over into the second game.

I had a similar experience with the Kotor games in 2014, picked them up during the christmas sale on Steam and put 40 hours in the first over the week christmas break :laugh:

Reactions: Magua

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I picked Ohio State to win this game, but I changed my mind and am actively rooting against them.

**** Ohio State.

I only know you about you that you have good taste in hockey teams. That said, I love that quote, "f*** Ohio State." I want to buy you a beer.

Also, HA- that was a fun, and unexpected, win by PSU over Temple. Yeah yeah, NIT whatnot, general PSU hate, but forget that noise, PSU is still hooping. Fran may get fired, I hope Chambers gets fired, yay Chaos.

Reactions: Jray42

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I only know you about you that you have good taste in hockey teams. That said, I love that quote, "**** Ohio State." I want to buy you a beer.

Also, HA- that was a fun, and unexpected, win by PSU over Temple. Yeah yeah, NIT whatnot, general PSU hate, but forget that noise, PSU is still hooping. Fran may get fired, I hope Chambers gets fired, yay Chaos.
I used to go to a PSU branch campus but I transferred and am now at Temple, so the whole "f*** penn state" mantra around this campus puts me in an awkward spot lol. I'm definitely a full-on temple fan now, but I still (secretly) have a soft spot for Penn State. Which is also why I hate Ohio State with a passion.

But holy hell even I was getting annoyed during the game last night, "WE ARE!" is so annoying when you're on the other end of it. I didn't even like it when I was there, to be honest.

If Fran gets fired it will be a great day on this campus, but it won't happen. I ran into him once and he seems like a nice guy at least.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Damn. I go away a few days and I miss more comic book items.

In terms of Batman-- what was mentioned is good, but I'd also add Year Zero and both new runs. There are so many great comics. My list is too long (aka, too expensive). I keep saving "to reads." Image comics has put out so much great work recently.

I want them to turn Saga into a movie or HBO series and do it right. It would stand up beside Star Wars and the new Marvel movies. Space opera? About a family? Space cowboys? Exotic aliens? Sign me up.

In terms of video games-- there are soooo many good ones out, but right now I'm defaulting to Souls games. Bloodborne is a masterpiece. Hard to find anything that beats a Souls game in terms of horror, cosmic horror, (lore, if you care), difficult, yet fair, and super rewarding when you accomplish things. Takes effort.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Coaching at the NCAA level means so much. Odom has done a damn fine job with his TOs.

This is a favorite getting outplayed — looks like Georgetown-Florida Gulf Coast at the Wells Fargo Center in 2013.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I wanted to see a reverse cover for making me watch a team that would put Les Miles to sleep, but I’ll take the push.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad