OT: 59th Obsequious Banter Thread: (Giroux + Simmonds + Couturier + Voracek + Patrick + Sanheim) ÷ Gudas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
So... is there a reason why there's no longer the little red icon on the top right of new posts that show what's been posted since the last time I viewed the thread? Because it doesn't appear for me anymore...

Clicking on a thread title doesn't take me to the first new post anymore either.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
So... is there a reason why there's no longer the little red icon on the top right of new posts that show what's been posted since the last time I viewed the thread? Because it doesn't appear for me anymore...

Clicking on a thread title doesn't take me to the first new post anymore either.

They have been dialing up the curse filter and tinkering with other things too, so I think it probably got lost in the shuffle maybe. I didn't notice the red dot since the migration, but mine isn't taking me to the first new post via thread title either. On the other hand, I am not having any problems at all with the PC version of it like some people are, so I don't know.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
OK, so upon further investigation, it works fine on mobile for me (both the "new" icon and clicking on the thread title jumping to the first unread post), but on PC it doesn't work. Pretty annoying.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
To further update everyone, we are hoping to be discharged from the hospital today. He is tolerating his new feeding tube and just waiting on the medical supplies to continue his care at home.

I was able to catch some of the game last night and it provided a much needed mood boost.

Hoping to get him home then figure out if i can try and find a dealership to take my truck as i don't want to spend to get a new transmission. Im thinking about taking it to Carmax to trade in and hopefully get an suv, anyone have any experience with them?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
OK, so upon further investigation, it works fine on mobile for me (both the "new" icon and clicking on the thread title jumping to the first unread post), but on PC it doesn't work. Pretty annoying.

What are the issues you're having on PC?

For me threads just are not appearing at all.

Mobile is perfectly fine.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
What are the issues you're having on PC?

For me threads just are not appearing at all.

Mobile is perfectly fine.
If I see a thread that has a new post and I click on the title it doesn't take me to the new post, it leave me at the top of the last page. And it doesn't show which posts are new by having the red rectangle that says "new" in the top right corner.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I wonder what I am doing differently than you guys - except for the same thing as Striiker (not taking me to the first unread post), I'm not having any problems at all on PC. Maybe it has to do with the ad blocker you are using? I can't remember if we are allowed to talk about those or not.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Bought a new TV a few weeks ago and since then I find myself randomly clicking through a lot of hockey videos, for hours. I just found a video called "Goaltenders taking out players" on youtube, Hextall going after Chelios made me laugh so hard. "Yep, thats the guy preaching patience" :laugh:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Bought a new TV a few weeks ago and since then I find myself randomly clicking through a lot of hockey videos, for hours. I just found a video called "Goaltenders taking out players" on youtube, Hextall going after Chelios made me laugh so hard. "Yep, thats the guy preaching patience" :laugh:

I love that Holmgren gathered the team and told them not to go after him. Except he didn't include Hextall, who was the player that most needed telling.

Reactions: Amorgus and kudymen

kudymen

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I love that Holmgren gathered the team and told them not to go after him. Except he didn't include Hextall, who was the player that most needed telling.

:laugh:

There are more gems in that video, another clip was Hextall two-handedly slashing Nilsson, seconds after Hextall himself was slashed. What I love about that clip is the announcer saying "see why that happened.. Here, Anderson taps Hextall. That doesnt hurt anybody, now watch what he does." The situation is certainly not new to me but I have never heard the audio there

Hextall with numerous apperances, absolute classic haha

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
:laugh:

There are more gems in that video, another clip was Hextall two-handedly slashing Nilsson, seconds after Hextall himself was slashed. What I love about that clip is the announcer saying "see why that happened.. Here, Anderson taps Hextall. That doesnt hurt anybody, now watch what he does." The situation is certainly not new to me but I have never heard the audio there

The way they used to slurp on those Oiler teams, and that one in particular, would be familiar to our younger viewers hearing the Nothing But Crosby crew on a national broadcast. Maddening. It's things like this that make you believe in the notion of a malevolent universe.

kudymen

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
The way they used to slurp on those Oiler teams, and that one in particular, would be familiar to our younger viewers hearing the Nothing But Crosby crew on a national broadcast. Maddening. It's things like this that make you believe in the notion of a malevolent universe.

And now I see it on an even bigger screen damnit

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
That video is 11 minutes of pure gold...once you get passed some of the outlandish homer calls in there. The Pacioretty on Lundquist one was particularly vomit inducing.

"Doesn't even look like he tried to avoid contact with Lundquist"

Yeah kinda hard to do when you're 2 feet away and getting pushed into him by the defenseman.

That one and the Edmonton guys on the Hexy slash...ugh.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Well that video brough back two of my earliest Flyers memories

1. Hextall axe-chopping Nillson's leg
2. Chelios splitting Brian Propp's head open and Hextall going for his pound of flesh later on.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Tomorrow I get to (co)teach a lesson that I (co)planned for the first time to my 7th grade class as part of my junior field experience for my history ed major. Never made a lesson plan before this weekend and I've only ever taught lessons that my mentor teacher already had prepared. I'm pretty excited for the opportunity! I'm hoping it'll be a big step towards gaining more experience and feeling more comfortable leading a class full of middle schoolers. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad