OT: 59th Obsequious Banter Thread: (Giroux + Simmonds + Couturier + Voracek + Patrick + Sanheim) ÷ Gudas

Status
Not open for further replies.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I got a dumb question regarding the new forum (again). On the main page, under "Members online now", it says "Total: 2,682 (members: 601, guests: 1,876, robots: 205)". What are the robots? I know its not Provorov...

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I got a dumb question regarding the new forum (again). On the main page, under "Members online now", it says "Total: 2,682 (members: 601, guests: 1,876, robots: 205)". What are the robots? I know its not Provorov...

They’re Russian bots. They’re sent here to ensure that everybody knows how much North America ruins their hockey players.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

They're actual bots, used for things like search engines.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Mostly just messing around, possibly recording. It would be really heavy psychedelic sounds that I'm after.

The JDXI is an incredible piece of work. I own one personally and would recommend 10x10.
I use a lot of soft synths in my personal work and pro jobs I do but there's something about compact but effective hardware. It gives a character to the sound that cant be matched.

For the cash its absolutely perfect.

I could talk about gear all day. People come in and ask for psych sounds and I'll pull out JDXI or this minimoog reissue my mentor has that is an absolute revelation. Often though when younger artists come in to record "psychedic" its less 70's acid rock and more 2010's vaporwave if youre familiar with that subgenre. Ugh.

What are some artists youre inspired by? If you dont mind me asking

Reactions: CodyTheHuman

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Oh god I wish I had the money and talent to tinker with synthesizers. I am a HUGE fan of New Wave and old Prog Rock and have been thinking about trying piano lessons again. I watched that documentary I Dream of Wires and never realized how all those old analog modules worked. I thought it was all onboard with the keyboard, not like an old-school phone operator setup!

I'd also love to screw around with a Theremin but they're kinda pricy for a poor single sap like me.

Reactions: CodyTheHuman

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
The JDXI is an incredible piece of work. I own one personally and would recommend 10x10.
I use a lot of soft synths in my personal work and pro jobs I do but there's something about compact but effective hardware. It gives a character to the sound that cant be matched.

For the cash its absolutely perfect.

I could talk about gear all day. People come in and ask for psych sounds and I'll pull out JDXI or this minimoog reissue my mentor has that is an absolute revelation. Often though when younger artists come in to record "psychedic" its less 70's acid rock and more 2010's vaporwave if youre familiar with that subgenre. Ugh.

What are some artists youre inspired by? If you dont mind me asking

For the project I'm going to be attempting I'm looking to create something that is really heavy psych. Like really heavy. My main inspirations for it are UFOmammut and Sunn O))).

Specifically I'm looking to do things similar to what's going on here:

or here

The idea is to make it a sort of drone/sludge/psych mix, but it's a solo project so I'd be doing it all.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
That would be pretty damn cool.

He's the music programmer for a local radio station too and has always had a soft spot for local musicians (he used to be one himself). So i tried to play the hockey angle, as well as him liking my song. But they picked a Panic! At the Disco song (Vegas Lights), which makes sense. Cant be mad at that.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
He's the music programmer for a local radio station too and has always had a soft spot for local musicians (he used to be one himself). So i tried to play the hockey angle, as well as him liking my song. But they picked a Panic! At the Disco song (Vegas Lights), which makes sense. Cant be mad at that.

I think you'll find that you can be mad at just about anything if you try hard enough. :naughty:

Reactions: sobrien

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
It happens on pretty much every tweet for me. If you click on the tweet image it will open the link in twitter though, so theres that...

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
Yeah, that's a hard choice to be mad at. That would still be cool to get your song in rotation though.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Sad day for Canucks, the unofficial voice of a nation - RIP Gordie, a real beauty!

Sad, indeed. TH was a great group. Some of their lyrics were a bit pretentious, but overall they were solid, wrote great music, and did Canada proud.

My friend who died last year after hockey was a huge Hip fan. At his funeral, his bandmates played "Ahead By a Century."

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yeah you know the Hip were loved when every show including Sportscentre had his passing as the lead story. Every commercial for the Leafs game went to break with a Hip song as well.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So I was on my Iphone, clicked on this thread and a picture of a naked woman that had a Tinder logo on it and said click here for Tinder or something popped up.

I am assuming that HF isn't supporting naked women twitter ads but still that was weird. Checked out my phone etc and everything is fine.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Yeah, I think I'm down by some points and/or likes. I think my failing memory is more of an issue, but still ...

It is obvious that Russian bots are stealing our points, and probably posting on the main board that immigrants have unsustainably high Corsi.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad