OT: 59th Obsequious Banter Thread: (Giroux + Simmonds + Couturier + Voracek + Patrick + Sanheim) ÷ Gudas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
All I know is if I see a guy in skinny jeans, I can't take their opinions seriously. Even if I agree. Seriously, where do you hide your junk in those things?

No idea. I have hydroceles so I could never wear such things. They don't look attractive so I'm not sure why they are a thing to begin with.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
My son had to get a feeding tube yesterday and it didn’t work so he got a Different one today. It was hell on earth waiting for it. They refused to feed him until he got the new tube because he had to get an X-ray and didn’t want his stomach to be full while he got the new tube. it’s the toughest thing to watch your child not got fed when he’s hungry.

On top of that my transmission went in my truck on Thursday.

Being in the hospital has a strange way of making you appreciate all the good things you have going for you though. We were in a room yesterday with kids who had to get chemo treatments, while we waited for a private room. It really puts into perspective how tough these kids are and makes you think about how trivial some of the problems we go through are.

This world has a lot of negativity especially in the age we are living in, just remember how good you got it next time something seems horrible. Even a bad transmission doesn’t matter or isn’t as bad as you feel it is.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
My son had to get a feeding tube yesterday and it didn’t work so he got a Different one today. It was hell on earth waiting for it. They refused to feed him until he got the new tube because he had to get an X-ray and didn’t want his stomach to be full while he got the new tube. it’s the toughest thing to watch your child not got fed when he’s hungry.

Being in the hospital has a strange way of making you appreciate all the good things you have going for you though. We were in a room yesterday with kids who had to get chemo treatments, while we waited for a private room. It really puts into perspective how tough these kids are and makes you think about how trivial some of the problems we go through are.

This world has a lot of negativity especially in the age we are living in, just remember how good you got it next time something seems horrible. Even a bad transmission doesn’t matter or isn’t as bad as you feel it is.

hope for the best with everything man. Family comes first above all else.

Reactions: Danko

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas

I think i speak for all of us when i say we're rooting for you and your family.
Please keep us posted.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007

I hope all goes well with your son.
It certainly puts things in perspective for you.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Thanks everyone. He tolerated his feeding last night and didn’t spit up which is big. He also slept for 5 hours which he hasn’t done in 6 months, he’s usually up every two hours.

The doctors tell us they are working on getting the medical equipment ordered for us so we can leave Monday.

I don’t think they have The flyers game on the TVs here in the hospital but will be reading the gdt for updates.

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
Lol what happened to this forum?!? It doesn’t look ancient anymore!

All of you in the Wawa/Sheetz discussion need to head to Lawson’s to experience the best convenience store I have ever been to.
Lawson’s >>>>> Wawa >>> Sheetz

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Thanks everyone. He tolerated his feeding last night and didn’t spit up which is big. He also slept for 5 hours which he hasn’t done in 6 months, he’s usually up every two hours.

The doctors tell us they are working on getting the medical equipment ordered for us so we can leave Monday.

I don’t think they have The flyers game on the TVs here in the hospital but will be reading the gdt for updates.

I am praying for you and your son. Your post juxtaposed underneath the story of this ridiculous McDonald's sauce is such a poignant contrast of what we mistakenly see as critical and what is truly important. Thank you for sharing what your family is going through, so we in some small way can carry a minuscule part of your burden.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
If you wear them for long enough, the problem takes care of itself.

I don't understand body con jeans for people with dicks, but I appreciate form fitting pants. Sometimes men make it seem like they're lugging around enough bologna sausage for a family of 5.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
I kind of consider myself a casual fan of the Premier League and I see Arsenal has so many similarities to the Flyers. They always find heartbreaking ways to lose and have a clueless manager

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I kind of consider myself a casual fan of the Premier League and I see Arsenal has so many similarities to the Flyers. They always find heartbreaking ways to lose and have a clueless manager

Wait what. Last time I checked they lead 1:0. Damnit Wenger you brilliant manager..

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Best wishes to you and your family, Danko.

Stupid question: does anyone know why I wouldn't get audio for one specific channel? I have audio for every channel except Comcast sportsnet (aka flyers games) and ugh

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

He was a great, great manager for a long time - a true innovator and an exciting thinker of the game. But he is utterly cooked, and has been for at least 5 years. He has REFUSED for whatever reason (stubbornness) to replace Patrick Viera in all this time and it has killed them - though their defense hasn't been any good in a long time, they haven't had any backbone whatsoever in ages and their lack of character guys has seen them blow ridiculous games and get nowhere. They NEVER should have signed him to the two-year extension this spring/summer - it was a baffling and terrible decision. They desperately need to turn the page. I could care less myself, since I am a Liverpool fan and the top four is already crowded enough, but the problems with that manager are glaringly obvious at this point.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Three separate times I've tried to watch the original but turned it off... I have to trudge through it so I can watch this new one.
rzvvX.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad