• Vegas

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • Dallas

Votes: 29 55.8%

• Total voters

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The fans of this league need Gabriel Landeskog to return in game 7 vs Vegas, beat the brakes off of Mark Stone so that his spleen explodes this time, and score the GWG to end the Golden Frauds' season. As the handshake line commences, the entire Avs team stops and in unison crotch chops the Vegas players who, led by a crying Alex Pietrangelo, race off the ice in shame.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Is Ottinger the biggest bang or bust goalie left in the postseason? Yikes.

He could either get his head right and shut the Avs down in round two, or the Avs goal average is somehow going to go even higher.

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
I voted Vegas but to me these are the top 2 competitors in the league, from an ease stand point I’d rather face any other team in the league than these two. Gotta beat the best to be the best time for the boys to show how bad they want another cup.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
I hate Vegas more this days, so the sooner they are eliminated, the better. Plus, beating Duchene in the playoffs would be great too.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I hate Vegas more this days, so the sooner they are eliminated, the better. Plus, beating Duchene in the playoffs would be great too.
Nah. An extra game is much better.

7 games = Stars get less rest and more beat up.

Also there's a decent chance of them having a big adrenalin dump following an emotional 7 game series. Not the best when facing hungry Avs on fresh legs.

So for tonight: Go Vegas go!

Reactions: GeoRox89

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Neither Vegas nor Dallas will be a cakewalk. I do not suspect the Avs will roll them like they ended up doing to Winnipeg.

As has been said before, if Oettinger plays to his capabilities, he can nearly single-handedly will the Stars past the Avs. I know we are confident because we took it to Vasi in 2022, and then just now stomped all over Hellebuyck, but historically the Stars have given the Avs fits in the playoffs.

I'm not saying we'd automatically lose, just saying that I do not believe it's necessarily a foregone conclusion that we'd beat them.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Avs always struggle after long breaks in regular season, but I don’t think they will in the playoffs. Didn’t we had a very long break after the 1st round in 22 when we swept Nashville?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Avs always struggle after long breaks in regular season, but I don’t think they will in the playoffs. Didn’t we had a very long break after the 1st round in 22 when we swept Nashville?
Colorado completed the Nashville sweep on 5/9, St Louis won their Game 7 against Minnesota on 5/12, and their second round series started on 5/17.

So Colorado had 8 days off...the same amount of time it took them to sweep Nashville in Round 1.

In that Game 1, Colorado had lots of chances, beat Binnington numerous times, but hit lots of posts. It went to OT and Josh Manson, of all people, ended it on what looked like a relatively harmless looking wrist shot from the point.

I have a Blues friend who unequivocally believes that if Binnington didn't get injured (and yes--he blames Kadri and not Rosen) that the Blues beat the Avs. Has told me numerous times "He played well enough in G1 to get the win, he beat them in G2, and he was beating them in G3 when he got injured"

Reactions: the_fan

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Colorado completed the Nashville sweep on 5/9, St Louis won their Game 7 against Minnesota on 5/12, and their second round series started on 5/17.

So Colorado had 8 days off...the same amount of time it took them to sweep Nashville in Round 1.

In that Game 1, Colorado had lots of chances, beat Binnington numerous times, but hit lots of posts. It went to OT and Josh Manson, of all people, ended it on what looked like a relatively harmless looking wrist shot from the point.

I have a Blues friend who unequivocally believes that if Binnington didn't get injured (and yes--he blames Kadri and not Rosen) that the Blues beat the Avs. Has told me numerous times "He played well enough in G1 to get the win, he beat them in G2, and he was beating them in G3 when he got injured"
I don’t think anybody was beating the Avs in 22. Even with Binnington, we’d find a way to beat the Blues. Maybe it goes to 7 games instead of 6 or whatever, we still beat them. I mean we beat the best goalie and defending cup champs in the finals so..

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Neither Vegas nor Dallas will be a cakewalk. I do not suspect the Avs will roll them like they ended up doing to Winnipeg.

As has been said before, if Oettinger plays to his capabilities, he can nearly single-handedly will the Stars past the Avs. I know we are confident because we took it to Vasi in 2022, and then just now stomped all over Hellebuyck, but historically the Stars have given the Avs fits in the playoffs.

I'm not saying we'd automatically lose, just saying that I do not believe it's necessarily a foregone conclusion that we'd beat them.

I'm definitely not expecting an easy series next round, both Dallas and Vegas have great teams with great coaches. I just want Vegas gone.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
if we’re talking who we want as far as the quality of the opponent, Dallas will be probably be harder to beat because they seem to have more depth and better mobile blueline. Vegas has struggled for majority of the season and they’ve been outplayed by Dallas for all but 1 game in the series. I know I always call the Stars overrated, but it seems like they’ll be the tougher opponent

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
For those of you complaining about Vegas's cap-dodging antics--and I'm not here to say you're wrong in doing so--those antics are playing a direct role in their struggles. They look like a pretty disjointed team at present. Will that ultimately cost them? I guess we'll see tonight.

Reactions: the_fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad